Video: 7-Eleven staffer attacked after face mask disagreement

webfact

Video: 7-Eleven staffer attacked after face mask disagreement

6pmTW.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai social media was abuzz with condemnation after a 7-Eleven staffer went online to say he was attacked for following the Covid-19 rules laid out by the company. 

CCTV showed a man attack him with his fists. 

His post on Facebook said that he had never caused trouble to anyone. He was following the company rules in asking a man who was not wearing a mask to wait outside. He would be served there by another staffer who would bring out purchases to him.

The staffer has since filed a police report.

He said that he can't hear properly out of his left ear and his vision in his left eye is affected. 

Daily News did not report where the incident occurred. It featured on the Red Skull site. 

Netizens slammed the violence against a man just doing his job. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-15

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, smedly said:

Healthy length of charges for this ### #### 

Assault

Breaking Numerous Covid rules 

Could possibly have spread the virus to this innocent person doing their job

Hopefully a big fine and jail time

Maybe chance of fine or he say "I sorry". Let's hope he not a off duty policeman, military or a general.

????????????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Emdog said:

In my experience, it's usually the farangs that are morons about mask wearing. So I suppose it is newsworthy when a Thai does it.

It's only the hansum,  hi-so, I am better than you, farangs that can be taken in by girlie smiles that flout the mask rules.......????...........................:cowboy:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

You must be joking! We all know what it will end with. 500-2 000 baht and a wai. Just maybe, if the guy can claim loss of hearing and sight he might get some more. The <deleted> that hit him, will probably not have any money to pay him anyway. That´s how the Thai system works.

No not in the current climate. Prayut will be sending very very loud messages 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

You must be joking! We all know what it will end with. 500-2 000 baht and a wai. Just maybe, if the guy can claim loss of hearing and sight he might get some more. The <deleted> that hit him, will probably not have any money to pay him anyway. That´s how the Thai system works.

So why are the prisons full to capacity with hundreds of thousands incarcerated?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, natway09 said:

I was in a 7/11 wearing a mask 3 weeks ago & was verbally assaulted as being a "scardee cat"

by anotherr farang not wearing a mask.

No hope for some, 

How did the other foreigner get in? Not allowed where I live.. There's always a few bored motosai tough ready to help theirb7/11 friends..

5 hours ago, tomauasia said:

No not in the current climate. Prayut will be sending very very loud messages 

So, you believe that Prayut will interfere and intervene with an isolated incident in a 7 Eleven store? Great! You might just be right, normally no one here is able to prioritise and end micromanaging. ????

4 hours ago, Nout said:

So why are the prisons full to capacity with hundreds of thousands incarcerated?

You do not know Thailand very well, do you? In this country they transport drugs, kill, rape and rob on an hourly basis. I would say that´s the reason and that all crimes that I mentioned normally and rightfully are to be considered more serious than a fist to the face. Just to clarify, it is same in almost every country, if you somehow should have missed that. ????

• Like 1

It is so simple to wear a mask for the few minutes you are in a 7/eleven.  Only morons would try to flout the requirement.  The employee who is involved in this altercation should be congratulated by management.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, natway09 said:

I was in a 7/11 wearing a mask 3 weeks ago & was verbally assaulted as being a "scardee cat"

by anotherr farang not wearing a mask.

No hope for some, 

That's another farang loser who should be sent packing. Too many like that here. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, transam said:

It's only the hansum,  hi-so, I am better than you, farangs that can be taken in by girlie smiles that flout the mask rules.......????...........................:cowboy:

So you are saying that I am flouting the mask rules Trans? ????

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2021 at 1:56 PM, transam said:

Sure seems to a lot of them. Like their disguises too: wife beaters and torn shorts, trying to blend in

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 11:42 AM, smedly said:

Healthy length of charges for this ### #### 

Assault

Breaking Numerous Covid rules 

Could possibly have spread the virus to this innocent person doing their job

Hopefully a big fine and jail time

Don't hold your breath

On 1/15/2021 at 6:47 AM, Emdog said:

In my experience, it's usually the farangs that are morons about mask wearing. So I suppose it is newsworthy when a Thai does it.

Sat in Bumrungrad yesterday and almost every non-Thai pulled their mask down off their nose or wore it around their chin at some point in the waiting room.

• Sad 1