New 300 THB entry fee to help cover uninsured foreign tourists who fail to pay medical bills

webfact

7 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

But then again, I am NOT a tourist AND I am fully insured. Will I be treated like every other foreign visitor and have to pay up? How will that scheme distinguish between tourists and expats? It probably won't. Just as always.

Tourist and expats,   have a common identity .

Aliens .    So sorry to burst your bubble...555

• Like 2

well IMO if people skip out of their bills the hospitals will be lucky to see any of this money, as it won't get past the greedy hands that stand before them..also what about people that do have and pay for their own insurance...why should they now have to subsidize anyone else?...I understand its just 300 baht but its the principal and I think they should be exempt.

3 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:
9 minutes ago, Graham n So said:

Will expats pay if they have house papers?

I think it just refers to tourist 

Irrespective of what many may like to think, that's all most of us are regardless of years here or whatever fancy nomenclature your permission to stay may say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Some nationals - for free.

From Thailand--Thai's you mean, --yes my wife (before covid) often use to go there , great wines, very cheap spirits. The Australians use to get $10 cheaper as they funded the (friendship)  bridge. The amount of traffic crossing can really clog it up, sometimes leaving the tourist to wait in the heat. Hopefully the new rail will ease all that.

4 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

When I travel or stay in thailand,I have travel insurance always.This is another  tax and people who have no travel insurance will beg on go fund me as usual please help I  had accident and no money

The point is that tourists now can not get into Thailand without medical insurance. 

• Like 1

I haven't had insurance in over 10-years.

5 accidents, all major

17 gofundme accounts.  

Oh, I'm fine, thanks for asking.....and I have an extra 4.8 million in the bank. a few kind souls sent me some bitcoins.

sorry, private jet is fueled and ready to go.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

No wonder Thailand has lost all its shine reading some of the posts here........ Makes me wonder why people travel, basically just exporting the misery from where they came from.......  I'm so glad i saw Thailand and lots of other countries before the righteous took over.......     What a sad vindictive place the world's turning into...... mixed in with rampant greed and fools backing them up........   Doing a runner from hospitals ?  You try it...... Crossing any border in Thailand with as much as suspicion on your sheet and you're banged up, no questions asked......      

Yes, people do runners or do not pay and hide.. Did you miss previous stories on foreigners who leave hospitals with unpaid bills?  

FOREIGN TOURISTS failed to pay a combined Bt300 million in medical bills after receiving treatment in state hospitals last year -  Mar 10. 2019  The Nation Thailand.

You  say difficult to cross any border in Thailand. For real? How did all those gangsters in motorcycle gangs from Sweden, Denmark, Norway  enter? What about the gangsters from UK and Australia who were coming and going? And what about thousands of illegal workers coming in and out? Thailand border is like sex worker under garment - open for business if price is right.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What about Covid-19 insurance? As far as i know when a Thai travel abroad as a tourist its around 4500 baht insurance for 3 months for Schengen area, now the "tourist" must pay 300 thb for every entry for other people who allegedly got treatment and escape, good way to boost already ruined tourism. Where the money will go its obvious, definetely the big chunk of that money will never see hospital.

• Like 1