TRAIN from PATTAYA to BANGKOK info

mercman24

ok, probably a long way off, fancy a change, been on the bus many times,  mulling over this journey, i know it takes for ever and one train, anyone on here done this trip,? now my question, where does the train stop in BKK ? how far is it away from SOI 4 NANA, and how much did it cost you to get from the railway station to that area,  thanks  KC

Years ago I had the same brain wave and thought it would be a novel way to make the same trip.

1st mistake was going on a Sunday. Every Tom,Dick, and Somchai got on along the way obviously heading to work in BKK.

Trip took several hours and lost our seats somehow. Got a lot of dirty looks from the "old boot" ex

Trash lined the track the whole way. Quite uncomfortable.

I also took the overnight train from BKK to Chiang Mai hoping to see some scenery. Another mistake. The train left BKK just before dark so there was zero to be seen.The cabin steward wanted to make my bed before 8 pm.

I never go to bed at that time. I retired to the "bar car" for refreshments. Needless to say my bed wasn't made.

NO MORE TRAINS! 1 hr + flights for me now.

That was 20 years ago and things will have changed..IE: no work in BKK.

BTW I never even considered taking it again!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

Years ago I had the same brain wave and thought it would be a novel way to make the same trip.

1st mistake was going on a Sunday. Every Tom,Dick, and Somchai got on along the way obviously heading to work in BKK.

Trip took several hours and lost our seats somehow. Got a lot of dirty looks from the "old boot" ex

Trash lined the track the whole way. Quite uncomfortable.

I also took the overnight train from BKK to Chiang Mai hoping to see some scenery. Another mistake. The train left BKK just before dark so there was zero to be seen.The cabin steward wanted to make my bed before 8 pm.

I never go to bed at that time. I retired to the "bar car" for refreshments. Needless to say my bed wasn't made.

NO MORE TRAINS! 1 hr + flights for me now.

That was 20 years ago and things will have changed..IE: no work in BKK.

BTW I never even considered taking it again!

Took night train for the scenery! Mmmm.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Took night train for the scenery! Mmmm.

Yes you,re correct.It was my 1st trip to Tland and still wasn't used to it getting dark so early. I was thinking I could get a couple hours in.However at 6am could only see jungle and bush.What was I thinking? Poor planning on my part agreed. I'm from British Columbia and used the train to cross the Rocky Mountains...that was scenery. A few years ago I took the Indian Pacific from Sydney to Perth and enjoyed that.

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

now my question, where does the train stop in BKK ?

i don't know for sure but it would have to go to Bang Sue or Hua Lamphong station. then MRT to Sukhumvit and then Asok BTS to Nana. Or you could walk. 

• Like 1