Deserted Cha-Am beach: Hotels chief says foreigners will not return to Thailand until 2022

webfact

Long term residents are doing a reasonable job of keeping the bars open at the Wednesday market and there have been occasional weekends where the Thais have flooded the  beaches.

The good restaurants (and not cheap) appear to have  a steady flow of custom. For example Love Bread on Phetchkasem  Road.  

Uncle Elephant is a wise old man. Better than the predictions by the "hotel association" and hotel Guru's that were desperately grasping at straws and publishing "flightradar24" screen shots of all the aircraft over China and touting how quickly the rebound would be in May last year. It will be a momental global effort to unfreeze the travel industry and that will not happen overnight. Listen to Uncle Elephant.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wildliferescue said:

Business was bad, but many were in survival mode until some government officials allowed migrant workers to cross the borders in exchange for bribes. With the current closure most hotels and restaurants are now without any income and the gov isn't interested in helping out in any way at all. Wanting to build bridges, buy submarines and so much more things Thailand DOES NOT NEED NOW for billions of dollars... while claiming there is not enough money to help the people.

In the meantime these same officials and politicians get paid as usual and find more rules and regulation to squeeze out more money from normal citizen.

Hey Hey Hey! It's not only the Government Officials who allowed the migrant workers in who are responsible. You are also forgetting the Government Officials who allow gambling to take place, and the Government Officials who turn a blind eye to prostitution. Credit where credit is due, please.

• Like 1

Worries I’ll figure another tax and then we are to back all the time so I tax on my banking and asked what was that in the bank lady said new tax bracket that I never saw a tax on my bank box now they’re all text anyways I’m sure the government will figure out a new taxing system to get more money for themselves TiT

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Deserted Cha-Am beach: Hotels chief says foreigners will not return to Thailand until 2022

That's still wishful thinking, With all the Hoops that one will have to jump through it will be a Miracle that someone would want to come to Los  for a holiday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Visitors will return tomorrow and in big numbers once travel restrictions are lifted, including border crossings re-opened and flights resuming normal service.

When the vaccinations are at a peak level everywhere and most Thais are vaccinated too there will be no quarantine and tourists will come again , as they will to most tourist destinations . the vaccinations go up, the covid cases go down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wildliferescue said:

Business was bad, but many were in survival mode until some government officials allowed migrant workers to cross the borders in exchange for bribes. With the current closure most hotels and restaurants are now without any income and the gov isn't interested in helping out in any way at all. Wanting to build bridges, buy submarines and so much more things Thailand DOES NOT NEED NOW for billions of dollars... while claiming there is not enough money to help the people.

In the meantime these same officials and politicians get paid as usual and find more rules and regulation to squeeze out more money from normal citizen.

Come on! The government needs every baht it has to develop the rocket it is sending to the moon to store the hundreds of millions of immigration forms they've collected. The little people, as always, are completely irrelevant. But no point in us or anyone else complaining about their inaction. They don't care and will continue , as always, to ignore everything that anyone says.

• Like 1