Road travel between BKK and Chachoengsao

JTXR

I know interprovincial travel is "discouraged" but what kind of "inconvenience" (traffic stops / health checks / delays) are there now, actually, between BKK and Chachoengsao, on motorway or highway via Samut Prakan?  Do police do temperature checks?  Do they ask if travel is "essential" and want to know the reason? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JTXR said:

Do they ask if travel is "essential" and want to know the reason? 

The word essential is not used in the official Thai instructions. The word used is "discouraged". I am also keen to know what the actual situation is on the roads.

• Thanks 1

I need to go from Bangkok to Pattaya before 29th January. Does anyone know the locations of the checkpoints? Are they just for temperature checks or does one need a permit? If a permit is needed how would a permit be obtained in Bangkok? Will be travelling by motorcycle so cannot use tollway.

• Like 1

Just to follow up, I made the trip from BKK to Chachoengsao on Tuesday, going on the BKK - Chon Buri New Line and coming back on the Bangna - Chon Buri expressway.  No checkpoints or issues at all either way.  Maybe would have been different if I'd tried to go on to Chon Buri.... not sure.