800k in bank for retirement extension - Pattaya

Anyone moved the 800k to another bank mid year and it caused problems with Immigration processing it? 

Assuming it settles the same day I can show it coming out of one account and into the other

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you only need to maintain 400k mid-year you could move it in 2 chunks a few days/weeks apart.  That might help (or confuse them further 🤔).

Why even take a chance at a complication if you don't NEED to do it during a seasoning period? 

If i was you i would contact my IO. first before to hear his opinion , before make a move on that  

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Anyone moved the 800k to another bank mid year and it caused problems with Immigration processing it? 

Assuming it settles the same day I can show it coming out of one account and into the other

If i was you i would contact my IO. first before to hear his opinion , before make a move on that  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

As you only need to maintain 400k mid-year you could move it in 2 chunks a few days/weeks apart.  That might help (or confuse them further 🤔).

Smart idea that, problem is I'd need to wait a couple months to get into the 400k period

Yes its a great idea to not let either account go below 400K even for one day. Also as I reckon you already know, it shouldn't be done during either of the seasoning periods -- two months before and three months after. Otherwise, I don't see how this could be a problem and if I was doing it I wouldn't bother asking immigration first as the question would probably confuse them. 

Edited by Jingthing

It should not be a problem to move it to another bank account. A most banks a online transfer is done immediately.

You will need to be is sure it is shown in both bank books and a statement for your old account.

Only during the 2 months before your next extension would it be a problem.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

if I was doing it I wouldn't bother asking immigration first as the question would probably confuse them. 

I agree I don't think I'd get a straight answer from them because they are always looking for the agent route

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It should not be a problem to move it to another bank account. A most banks a online transfer is done immediately.

You will need to be is sure it is shown in both bank books and a statement for your old account.

Only during the 2 months before your next extension would it be a problem.

how about during the first 3 months? 

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Jomtien immigration unusually requires the three months after extension bank account check. I think you know the answer. Don't do it during the first three months!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

It would be allowed as long as both bank books show the 800k baht on the same day. It is not the same as the 2 months before.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why even take a chance at a complication if you don't NEED to do it during a seasoning period? 

The 800k baht after is not a "seasoning period". Only the 2 months before is one.

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Jomtien immigration unusually requires the three months after extension bank account check. I think you know the answer. Don't do it during the first three months!

Jomtien immigration unusually sometimes requires the three months after extension bank account check. I think you know the answer. Don't do it during the first three months!

Last year I was not asked to return in three onths.

PH

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Jomtien immigration unusually sometimes requires the three months after extension bank account check. I think you know the answer. Don't do it during the first three months!

Last year I was not asked to return in three onths.

PH

Probably an oversight. My impression is that most people are being required. Anyway, so far I have been required two times already. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 800k baht after is not a "seasoning period". Only the 2 months before is one.

This is a technical matter of semantics. In my view, it is a seasoning period except that it's afterwards rather than the usual before. We can assume it comes from the same motivation (before AND after) -- to prevent people from getting short term loans to meet the financial requirements (in lieu of using a dodgy agent where such issues become moot).

Do you have a better word for it? 

I will now suggest -- post extension seasoning. Unfortunately not one word. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1