BMA vows on-hand approach to PM2.5 pollution

webfact

BMA vows on-hand approach to PM2.5 pollution

By The Nation

800_38f0859b3bc4109.jpeg?v=1610697563

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has said it will put in place strict measures to deal with air pollution, which hit dangerous levels in several parts of the capital and its vicinity on Friday.

BMA permanent secretary Silapasuay Raweesangsoon said city officials have been instructed to measure vehicle emissions, ensure vehicle maintenance, clean roads and pavements more frequently, install water sprays on buildings, implement measures to reduce dust particles in the air and publicise ways for people to take care of their health.

161069000436.jpg

"The elderly, children and patients with respiratory ailments should avoid outdoor activities and wear a face mask," she said, adding that people affected by the pollution should visit hospitals under BMA supervision.

161069001917.jpg

According to the Pollution Control Department, air quality in 11 areas in Bangkok and its vicinity hit unsafe levels in the morning with PM2.5 readings coming in at 44 to 111 micrograms per cubic metre (μg/m3).

161069004253.jpg

The department said it expects the PM2.5 level to rise until Saturday due to a drop in wind speed, adding that the situation should improve on Sunday.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401299

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-15

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, timbothaivisa said:

it looks like Cambodia is the main culprit 

This is correct, I suppose. Since some weeks.

But a big part today might be 'Thai made'.

Traffic Bangkok.  Sugar cane burning? - But where?

image.png.9e895564469f84dd41edd77f54d4dcc0.png

https://www.ventusky.com/

44 minutes ago, bushwacker said:

Well, I have had enough.  Too many years with the only change being yearly increases in the problem.  When travel opens up again, I will be taking my 2 million baht/year living expenses and spending them in a different country.  I have worked too hard and too long and want to enjoy a healthy and long retirement.  I am tired of feeling bad due to breathing bad air.  I am very sure nobody will miss me and my money.

I miss anyone who, like you, seems to care about good health and the environment. It is Thailand's financial loss, which is sad indeed. Best of luck in your retirement.????

1 hour ago, bushwacker said:

Well, I have had enough.  Too many years with the only change being yearly increases in the problem.  When travel opens up again, I will be taking my 2 million baht/year living expenses and spending them in a different country.  I have worked too hard and too long and want to enjoy a healthy and long retirement.  I am tired of feeling bad due to breathing bad air.  I am very sure nobody will miss me and my money.

If you really wanted to stay in Thailand, travel South.  Koh Samui does not have an air polution problem!

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has said it will put in place strict measures to deal with air pollution, which hit dangerous levels in several parts of the capital and its vicinity on Friday.

For the one-thousandth time !!

The problem is easily apparent in the headline.  'BMA vows on-hand approach...'.  Uhh, oh.  What you really want is 'BMA vows hands-on approach'.  Hands-on means you get right in there, roll your sleeves up, and tackle the problem.  You're hands-on, right in the action, doing something.   On-hand means you're there, standing by, but doing nothing.  Rich housewife to her maid:  "I'm on-hand in case you need anything.  Otherwise, I'll be by the pool."

• Like 1