100% Natural Organic Fertilizer Trial in Chonburi

TKI

Dear Forum Members,

Who, with a field or a big garden of young plants, preferably still in the seedlings stage (any species of plants/crops are suitable), would like to participate in an organic fertilizer trial?

Preferably in or close to Bang Lamung / Jomtien area.

A part of the plant population would be nourished with organic fertilizer. In order to compare and document the differences in health, growth and yield. Free of costs of course.

The organic fertilizer consists of 100% natural pure-biological minerals. It can even be ingested by humans. Key benefits are increase in yield, plant vitality, faster growth, higher resistance to diseases and water shortages.

Examples:

Comparison2.jpg.0968ade022f2b6838d2a0781c71939b0.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TKI said:

Dear Forum Members,

Who, with a field or a big garden of young plants, preferably still in the seedlings stage (any species of plants/crops are suitable), would like to participate in an organic fertilizer trial?

Preferably in or close to Bang Lamung / Jomtien area.

A part of the plant population would be nourished with organic fertilizer. In order to compare and document the differences in health, growth and yield. Free of costs of course.

The organic fertilizer consists of 100% natural pure-biological minerals. It can even be ingested by humans. Key benefits are increase in yield, plant vitality, faster growth, higher resistance to diseases and water shortages.

Examples:

Comparison2.jpg.0968ade022f2b6838d2a0781c71939b0.jpg

That was an horrible example, the sugacanes around here in Chaiyaphum look good and strong even with chemicals used feritlizer. It is not how they look where the problem lays.

So tell us more about the project? 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Tagged said:

That was an horrible example, the sugacanes around here in Chaiyaphum look good and strong even with chemicals used feritlizer. It is not how they look where the problem lays.

So tell us more about the project? 

Thank you very much for your comment. The photos are from a trial in Chaiyaphum 2018. A friend of mine applied the organic fertilizer to one of two neighbouring fields. The photos are supposedly to documenting the result. As i would like to make the prove for myself about the efficiency of this organic fertilizer i am looking for a field in my area to do an own trial.

The problem with Thai soil as a lot of TV members will tell you is the lack of organic matter in the soil ,whether it is a bad photo or what but that crop of cane with the organic fertilizer looks a bit on the yellow side short of N?A lot of Thai Solis especially  the rice fields in Issan   are short of almost everything , one member in Khon Khen had a very comprehensive soil sample done ,his soil was shown to be short of nearly all the basic minerals ,and most trace elements ,something that an increase in soi organic matter would curer ,and he is still working at it, and I would say a lot of other  farms are having the same problem. 

I can not see how some organic fertilizer will help .

And of course ,the main factor will be cost ,and how much is needed per rie .

6 hours ago, drtreelove said:

Please post more information about the ingredients and processing of your organic fertilizer. Is it a composted manure product, mineralized, or primarily organic matter?  Have you had a fertilizer lab analysis?  "It can even be ingested by humans." Please tell us more, this may not be your best selling point, because as a plant health care professional, I would question the limitations for agronomy, in a substance that could be served up for breakfast. 

A good COF, complete organic fertilizer that is affordable is much needed in Thailand. Bonemeal.net folks are working on a product line, in addition to their soil test based Rx amendments program for farmers throughout Thailand. Natural Agriculture in Chiang Mai has an excellent compost based fertilizer, sacks and truckloads, but its only sold locally. Organic Totto has the best thing going so far in my opinion, their bokashi COF. I've used it myself and trialed samples at friend's homes and farms, including organic rice production. 

I'm in the US right now and actively involved in soil improvement services. and witnessing a major movement in the new generation, mineralized COFs from various manufacturers, which are all the rage with organic growers of all kinds. The concept of COF is being made known partially through the chapter of the same name in the book The Intelligent Gardener by Steve Solomon.  Down To Earth brand, Dr Earth, EB Stone and others are on the shelf and in the product websites everywhere you look in California. Because the products are good and the results in quality and production of crops, orchards and landscapes is irrefutable, and the products are growing in popularity. 

Tagged and Kickstart have contributed excellent comments, as usual.  

Cost, as KS has pointed out is the key factor in practicality of using a sack fertilizer product for other than a home garden. 

When it comes to field crops, orchards, large cannabis grows that are now being planted, soil testing and site-specific Rx amendments will be the most cost effective way to go. 

I've been reviewing some of the comprehensive soil tests from all over Thailand that are being done by bonemeal.net, through Logan Labs in the US, for everything from pomelo and cane and rice, to citrus in the north, to cannabis fields and containers everywhere.  The soil test results are coming back extemely deficient in major and minor plant nutrients, a wild range of pH, extremely low CEC (cation exchange capacity that indicates nutrient holding capacity).

Low soil organic matter content goes with the territory in tropical farming; it's hard to maintain more than 2% OM with the warm climate, monsoon rains and active soil biology consuming the OM. Natural Farming in Chiang Mai maintains 5% in some of their important cash crops on a 120 rai organic farm, but they make their own bulk compost and keep up with copious inputs.  But its not just about the soil organic matter, Calcium and other vital nutrients are leached and used by plants, but usually not replenished. High NPK chemical fertilizers only provide a few of the nutrients needed for plant and crop health, and neglect some very important nutrients.   Organic matter is important, but I don't agree with the school of thought that proposes that organic matter can supply all the nutrients that are needed by plants for healthy growth, productivity, quality of crop and resistance to pests and diseases. Mineral nutrients deficiencies need to be addressed with mineral inputs. 

13 hours ago, kickstart said:

The problem with Thai soil as a lot of TV members will tell you is the lack of organic matter in the soil ,whether it is a bad photo or what but that crop of cane with the organic fertilizer looks a bit on the yellow side short of N?A lot of Thai Solis especially  the rice fields in Issan   are short of almost everything , one member in Khon Khen had a very comprehensive soil sample done ,his soil was shown to be short of nearly all the basic minerals ,and most trace elements ,something that an increase in soi organic matter would curer ,and he is still working at it, and I would say a lot of other  farms are having the same problem. 

I can not see how some organic fertilizer will help .

And of course ,the main factor will be cost ,and how much is needed per rie .

Thank you very much for your comprehensive contributions. As you asked for more information, here it is:

First, i have to mention that i am neither a professional nor as experienced and knowledgeable in agriculture as you are. For some years i had a small preek farm in Kanchanaburi with 3,000 plants. But that time i worked with the usual chemical fertilizers and pestizides only. Now i am living in Chonburi and do not have an own land where i could make the trials. I have been approached by a friend of mine with the product. He is looking for a partner. I am very interested. Because i love plants, farming, and the idea of the product being completely natural, aiding farmers, plants, and in the end consumers. As we all know the vegetables and fruits on the market nowadays are loaded with chemicals. If there'd be a way to reduce the chemicals or even get rid off them completely it'd be a great achievement and benefit for our and future generations.

What i understand from what i have been told is this:

The powder is from Europe. It is made of nano particulated mineral stone. It is dissolved in water and then sprayed on on the plant foliage. The mineral crystals supply nutrients to the plant. But mainly, for their molecular activity, vibration or pulsation (whatever it is called, i am not a physicist :)) they are loaded with a certain positive energy. Which is supposed to vitalize the plant, aid to healthy growth and increase its resistance to diseases and water shortages. You might laugh at me or call me stupid, but honestly i believe in these kind of things. It is comparable to alternative healing/medicine. Yes, it can be ingested and is supposed to have also benefits on the human body. I drank the solution a couple of times and felt more vital. But i am not sure if this was only placebo or not. I have many plants at home which i sprayed already. But as they are not crops but ornamental plants and also already older it is not a perfect trial setup. Normally it should be applied three times during the growth of one harvest. First in the seedlings stage. Then two times more after 10 days each. My friend has made trials years ago in Korat with Rice, and in Chayaphum with Sugar Cane. He is convinced of the efficiency. Showed me photos. I am very interested. I would like to convince myself and make my own trials. So through this post either i will find a field close by in Chonburi. Or, if you are interested to participate in the trial i might come to visit you. Or send the powder to you by mail. Along with mixing and application instructions.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, TKI said:

Thank you very much for your comprehensive contributions. As you asked for more information, here it is:

First, i have to mention that i am neither a professional nor as experienced and knowledgeable in agriculture as you are. For some years i had a small preek farm in Kanchanaburi with 3,000 plants. But that time i worked with the usual chemical fertilizers and pestizides only. Now i am living in Chonburi and do not have an own land where i could make the trials. I have been approached by a friend of mine with the product. He is looking for a partner. I am very interested. Because i love plants, farming, and the idea of the product being completely natural, aiding farmers, plants, and in the end consumers. As we all know the vegetables and fruits on the market nowadays are loaded with chemicals. If there'd be a way to reduce the chemicals or even get rid off them completely it'd be a great achievement and benefit for our and future generations.

The powder is from Europe. It is made of nano particulated mineral stone. It is dissolved in water and then sprayed on on the plant foliage. The mineral crystals supply nutrients to the plant. But mainly, for their molecular activity, vibration or pulsation (whatever it is called, i am not a physicist :)) they are loaded with a certain positive energy. Which is supposed to vitalize the plant, aid to healthy growth and increase its resistance to diseases and water shortages. You might laugh at me or call me stupid, but honestly i believe in these kind of things. It is comparable to alternative healing/medicine. Yes, it can be ingested and is supposed to have also benefits on the human body. I drank the solution a couple of times and felt more vital. But i am not sure if this was only placebo or not. I have many plants at home which i sprayed already. But as they are not crops but ornamental plants and also already older it is not a perfect trial setup. Normally it should be applied three times during the growth of one harvest. First in the seedlings stage. Then two times more after 10 days each. My friend has made trials years ago in Korat with Rice, and in Chayaphum with Sugar Cane. He is convinced of the efficiency. Showed me photos. I am very interested. I would like to convince myself and make my own trials. So through this post either i will find a field close by in Chonburi. Or, if you are interested to participate in the trial i might come to visit you. Or send the powder to you by mail. Along with mixing and application instructions.  

Well, what you need to know is how it will heal the biomass that is already ruined and deepleted by commercial "modern" farming. Thats the way we have to go in the future. Micro organism that is natural and live in harmony with plants and what we supply. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, TKI said:

The powder is from Europe. It is made of nano particulated mineral stone. It is dissolved in water and then sprayed on on the plant foliage. The mineral crystals supply nutrients to the plant. But mainly, for their molecular activity, vibration or pulsation (whatever it is called, i am not a physicist :)) they are loaded with a certain positive energy. Which is supposed to vitalize the plant, aid to healthy growth and increase its resistance to diseases and water shortages. 

You may be on to something on the cutting edge of plant nutrition and quite useful.  Now that you explain that the product is nano particle based, I know that nanotechnology in plant nutrition is an emerging science with some positive research on uses and benefits.

Nanoparticles in sustainable agriculture: An emerging opportunity - ScienceDirect

(PDF) Nanotechnology: Innovative Approach in Crop Nutrition Management (researchgate.net)

I'm interested in this but haven't explored it, except that I use a high quality fulvic acid product as a nano particle adjuvant, a carrier for leaf penetration of nutrients in foliar fertilization. And the fulvic acid substance has its own beneficial actions.

I believe in soil and the amazing relationships and processes present in biologically active living soil with growing plants, as the primary medium for plant nutrition. I have seen many systems and products that try to shortcut and avoid the hard work and expense that soil improvement takes.  I've used foliar treatments as a supplement to good soil based nutrition, but never thought that foliar applicaitions can replace nature's beautiful, natural way of soil based fertility.  But with a nano particle fertilizer, maybe you will prove me wrong.

If the product is European based, there will likely be some studies behind it, and you should get your hands on all the information that you can. Besides field trials, in order to legally sell a fertilizer product in Thailand you will have to have documentation of the product description as well as a lab analysis of the contents.  

With the new normal, cannabis growers may be interested. As well as vegetable growers, hydroponic growers and home gardeners. It would be a great thing if you could help nourish the rice crops and livestock feed crops, that are usually grown on worn out, nutrient deficient soils and only harsh chemical fertilizer inputs that don't provide optimum nutrients for healthy food production. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, faraday said:

@TKI

Do you have any samples or a small quantity for sale?

I just want to use on our land.

Thank you very much for your interest. As i did not get a chance yet to see the efficiency with my own eyes i am reluctant to sell. But, if you'd agree to document with photos and share with me the results of your trial, i could send it to you for free.

The preconditions for a meaningful evaluation would be to use it on a field with the same species of plants, apply the product only on the plants within a part of the area, while not applying it to the plants in the other part of the field. The population should still be young, in its early growth stages. Preferably shortly after being seedlings. The test part should not be sprayed with anything else. While the other part can be continued to be sprayed as usually (if applicable). Soil fertilization can be applied to both parts in exactly same quality and quantity. Cross contamination of spraying the nano minerals on the test group vs. spraying pesticides, fungicides, etc (if applicable) on the comparison group should be guaranteed to be prevented.

If you would like me to send some amount to you, please feel free to PM me with a photo of the land and plants you wish to carry out the trial on and the address for the product to be shipped to.

3 hours ago, drtreelove said:

You may be on to something on the cutting edge of plant nutrition and quite useful.  Now that you explain that the product is nano particle based, I know that nanotechnology in plant nutrition is an emerging science with some positive research on uses and benefits.

Nanoparticles in sustainable agriculture: An emerging opportunity - ScienceDirect

(PDF) Nanotechnology: Innovative Approach in Crop Nutrition Management (researchgate.net)

I'm interested in this but haven't explored it, except that I use a high quality fulvic acid product as a nano particle adjuvant, a carrier for leaf penetration of nutrients in foliar fertilization. And the fulvic acid substance has its own beneficial actions.

I believe in soil and the amazing relationships and processes present in biologically active living soil with growing plants, as the primary medium for plant nutrition. I have seen many systems and products that try to shortcut and avoid the hard work and expense that soil improvement takes.  I've used foliar treatments as a supplement to good soil based nutrition, but never thought that foliar applicaitions can replace nature's beautiful, natural way of soil based fertility.  But with a nano particle fertilizer, maybe you will prove me wrong.

If the product is European based, there will likely be some studies behind it, and you should get your hands on all the information that you can. Besides field trials, in order to legally sell a fertilizer product in Thailand you will have to have documentation of the product description as well as a lab analysis of the contents.  

With the new normal, cannabis growers may be interested. As well as vegetable growers, hydroponic growers and home gardeners. It would be a great thing if you could help nourish the rice crops and livestock feed crops, that are usually grown on worn out, nutrient deficient soils and only harsh chemical fertilizer inputs that don't provide optimum nutrients for healthy food production. 

Thank you very much for your highly appreciated contribution sharing your experience and knowledge as well as your motivating and promising thoughts an the product. To answer your question. An analysis is not available to me. As far as i have been informed, the product has been 'invented/found/discovered' accidentally by my friends associate, who is an already elderly well renowned bio physicist in Switzerland, during carrying out his researches for a nano mineral based cancer treatment, which he is doing since more than a decade now. In case you would like to carry out a field trial with the product, please be kindly referred to my answer to 'farday' and please feel free to PM me.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TKI said:

Thank you very much for your highly appreciated contribution sharing your experience and knowledge as well as your motivating and promising thoughts an the product. To answer your question. An analysis is not available to me. As far as i have been informed, the product has been 'invented/found/discovered' accidentally by my friends associate, who is an already elderly well renowned bio physicist in Switzerland, during carrying out his researches for a nano mineral based cancer treatment, which he is doing since more than a decade now. In case you would like to carry out a field trial with the product, please be kindly referred to my answer to 'farday' and please feel free to PM me.

Can you produce it in Thailand? 

If not you have investigated what you need of permits and aggrements needed to import it to thailand?? And the cost pr ton? 

23 hours ago, Tagged said:

Can you produce it in Thailand? 

If not you have investigated what you need of permits and aggrements needed to import it to thailand?? And the cost pr ton? 

Thank you very much for your interest. These questions have not been researched into yet. I plan to do this in case of/after positive field trial results.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, TKI said:

Thank you very much for your interest. These questions have not been researched into yet. I plan to do this in case of/after positive field trial results.

Im just thinking loud, and thats the first thing I would look in to before investing time and money,  if its possible at all, the real cost and hidden cost as well, + the paperwork needed. I just guessing, but I believe you would need a quite big company backing you up to get it sertified, registered and approved. And also guessing it will be a long process. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Im just thinking loud, and thats the first thing I would look in to before investing time and money,  if its possible at all, the real cost and hidden cost as well, + the paperwork needed. I just guessing, but I believe you would need a quite big company backing you up to get it sertified, registered and approved. And also guessing it will be a long process. 

Thank you very much. Completely agree with you. I have a slightly different approach and motivation. The monetary or economic aspects come in second line. The ecological first. Mainly i am fascinated by the idea of a 100% natural and safe product potentially being able to replace all conventional chemical methods, benefiting farmers, consumers and environment simultaneously.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1