Vaccines for Pattaya Residents

TaaSaparot

29 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Reports in the Thai press that City Hall plans to purchase vaccines for Pattaya Residents with a budget of 8,000,000 baht.

They believe there is 120,000 residents who will need two vaccinations at 300 baht per jab.

- 2 x 300baht x 120,000 = 72,000,000 baht

Looks like only 12% will get the jab to me for 8 mill

Edited by RichardColeman

Back in April, you may remember, the mayor was obsessed with the notion that it was the filthy farang tourists left in Pattaya who were transmitting the virus, so he came up with his masterplan to cordon off the bright side where all those pesky tourists were stuck (except it turned out to be totally impractical and had to be abandoned). I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't bought an early-stage, experimental, cut-price batch of Sinovac or Sputnik V which he will force all the disease-addled farangs in his glorious burgh to have.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Guderian said:

Back in April, you may remember, the mayor was obsessed with the notion that it was the filthy farang tourists left in Pattaya who were transmitting the virus, so he came up with his masterplan to cordon off the bright side where all those pesky tourists were stuck (except it turned out to be totally impractical and had to be abandoned). I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't bought an early-stage, experimental, cut-price batch of Sinovac or Sputnik V which he will force all the disease-addled farangs in his glorious burgh to have.  

Give it time.

• Haha 1

A misleading post and a reply have been removed:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

137270282_2874274196177366_5472681937028

These guys were around spraying the roads in our village a week ago. They arrived around 5:00 in the afternoon on a cloudless day, so what was the point? The streets had been basking in the full UV rays of the sun all day and any virus that was around would have been fried already. Maybe it's just to make people think that Pattaya City Hall is doing something to protect them, but it's really just a waste of time, money and polluting chemicals.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Guderian said:

Maybe it's just to make people think that Pattaya City Hall is doing something to protect them, but it's really just a waste of time, money and polluting chemicals.

Just trying to clean up the old guy with the shopping bag or move him on!

First, realize, none of these can be imported or sold and injected until government approval.

There's an independent Thai news organization that today published a long detailed article that laid out the frustrations with the approval process and when the most desirable vaccines might arrive in Thailand. We're talking third quarter at the earliest for those from Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech.

First ones likely to get approved are the Chinese ones, then the Siam Bioscience-manufactured AstraZeneca vaccine, which still has to be approved, manufactured in Thailand and finally distributed.  Months away.

”The government’s statements and the slow pace of the FDA means that unless you’re willing to wait until Q3 or Q4 of this year, your only vaccine options will be SinoVacs or Siam Bioscience,” the source said.

Unfortunately, I believe I cannot link to this article, but you might Inquire of Google's help.

8 hours ago, actonion said:

I dont mind having this injection  as long as its not the Chinese one, but how do we know which one we are getting?

We'll all be paying for it, so we should be allowed to know which one we are buying.