• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We seem to get a lot of negativity concerning Thais on Thai Visa. I’m posting this for an alternative point of view.   Not far from my GF’s village, on Highway 1, there is a fresh fruit stal

Well today a neighbor gave us some fruit I have never had before. And I had a coffee and cake with four Thais and one of them picked up the bill.  Yesterday another thai brought around 3 banan

Good one, but I am quite well dressed compared to quite a few farangs I have seen. Usually shirt with collar, long pants, shoes and socks. Perhaps I can turn this into a farang-bashing thread, in

Been here 5 years, can't say I have ever encountered Thai's being generous, however I wouldn't expect them to be as I am better off than most in my wife's village.

I always tell the boss to give cloths that we don't need and to buy the old neighbour something to eat when she goes to the market.

My personal experience with Thai's, (not a Thai basher), to be all for themselves, and hard on each other, only offering help at the last minute to others if ever, like I said, this is my personal experience. An example would be that I went to reverse in a parking spot at the school my daughter goes to and out of nowhere this guy drives straight into the spot and walks off with his kid, real nice, everyone could see from the clear daylight that I was about to reverse into the spot, I didn't get angry, I expect the unexpected in Thailand, if it were in the old country, someone would have more than likely keyed his car, not me, duck and weaving throughout life is my moto, karma.

They are accommodating when being served, although most hardly smile, will wai, but might smile when I wai and speak the limited Thai that I know.

I could start mentioning about the ones that will try and take an arm and a leg, but won't because I don't want to be called a Thai basher.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I see it all the time and everywhere... 

yesterday and most every week, my housekeeper brings fruit. 

one that touched my heart was many years ago when we offered to refinish and rebuild my wife's parent's teak home on our property, her dad told me he would not accept unless I had more than XX million baht in the bank for myself... 

way too many stories to list. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I could start mentioning about the ones that will try and take an arm and a leg, but won't because I don't want to be called a Thai basher.

Guess you missed that opportunity... 

I would never tell anyone that John did it...

2 hours ago, HighPriority said:

I’m in Oz, with my wife of 3 years, she’s been here for 18 months.

She tells me every week that when she wins lotto she will get lights put up on our rural road and buy me 7 (!!!) Mia noi.

I have no doubts about Thais generosity of spirt... 💞

Especially when you are the one paying for the ticket.   🙂

There are two different Smiles to be seen in Thailand. Unfortunately many Farang experience the wrong type of smile. Then they start to believe it is the prevalent type of smile.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
10 hours ago, HighPriority said:

I’m in Oz, with my wife of 3 years, she’s been here for 18 months.

She tells me every week that when she wins lotto she will get lights put up on our rural road and buy me 7 (!!!) Mia noi.

I have no doubts about Thais generosity of spirt... 💞

They sure know how to spoil their man. You sound like you got a live one.

With regard to her buying you 7 (!!!) Mia noi, better get into shape up because I am sure you don't want to end up with a heart attack at Mia noi 1 😜

• Haha 2