Can I get TM30 receipt from immigration if the condo owner has already had one?

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What do you need the TM30 receipt for?

It is normally given to the person who did the report. Ask the owner for a copy of the receipt.

I have an appointment to submit a passport application next week. They want "immigration documents" as proof of address or residency. The only thing I can give them is the TM30 and it has to be the original. It looks like I will be able to get this from the owner in time, but I still have a problem because I am also applying for an ed visa, and immigration want to see the TM30 for that too - but the passport people will have it at that point (it seems they keep it and send it to the UK).

If I could get a duplicate TM30 that would solve the problem. Otherwise it may be better not to make the passport application on Monday - but I wanted this doing as soon as possible, because who knows how long it will really take with things as they are.

I assume BTW that I will get the TM30 back after making the application for the ed visa.

1 minute ago, Badger18 said:

I have an appointment to submit a passport application next week. They want "immigration documents" as proof of address or residency. The only thing I can give them is the TM30 and it has to be the original. It looks like I will be able to get this from the owner in time, but I still have a problem because I am also applying for an ed visa, and immigration want to see the TM30 for that too - but the passport people will have it at that point (it seems they keep it and send it to the UK).

Absolute nonsense or a misunderstanding.

The usual documents supplied as proof of address for extensions (when renting) are signed copies of your landlords Tabien Baan and ID card along with a rental contract.

If indeed your landlord has filed a TM30, that will be on their records.

Although I have a receipt for my TM30, I have never, nor has it ever been requested to supply a copy.

Immigration send nothing to the UK Embassy, or back to the UK.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Absolute nonsense or a misunderstanding.

The usual documents supplied as proof of address for extensions (when renting) are signed copies of your landlords Tabien Baan and ID card along with a rental contract.

If indeed your landlord has filed a TM30, that will be on their records.

Although I have a receipt for my TM30, I have never, nor has it ever been requested to supply a copy.

Immigration send nothing to the UK Embassy, or back to the UK.

Not immigration, the company that handles passport applications on behalf of the British embassy.

The school have told me more than once that I need the TM30 to apply for the ed visa, and they do this all the time.

44 minutes ago, Badger18 said:

Not immigration, the company that handles passport applications on behalf of the British embassy.

The school have told me more than once that I need the TM30 to apply for the ed visa, and they do this all the time.

Two different procedures.

1. Applying for a new Passport.

2. Applying for an ED Visa.

For renewing a British Passport.

Applications are submitted at the UK Visa application centre (not the Embassy) by appointment.

Changes to British passport services in Thailand - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

How to apply and fees.

Overseas British passport applications – Apply for a passport – GOV.UK

Supporting Documents.

As for the ED Visa application, you only need supply the school with a copy of your TM30 receipt (not the original) as proof your address has already been notified  to Immigration.

Applying for a passport from outside the UK - Supporting Documents - GROUP 2 (publishing.service.gov.uk)

All applicants must provide one document showing photo identity and one document as evidence of name and address and/or residency dated within the last year.

Photo evidence. Please provide one of the following:

• your British passport (if you are renewing)

• non-British uncancelled passport

• national identity card or equivalent (or colour photocopy)

• driving licence

• any government or local government produced document which includes a photograph as part of the document.

Name and address and/or residency evidence

Please provide one of the following:

• visa or resident permit (or colour photocopy)

• tax record eg a letter from a tax authority

• educational record eg school report • employment record eg official letter from your employer

• letter sent to you from a central, regional or local government department

• medical/health card

• voter’s card

• immigration documents

If it's an Immigration document your submitting as proof of address, then that is a 'Certificate of Residence' obtained from your Immigration office, not a TM30 receipt which only advises you've notified your address.

As far as your ED Visa application, supplying the school with a copy of the TM30 receipt (not the original) is sufficient as Immigration already have it on file and they can trace it from the receipt.

You'll need to obtain the new Passport before applying for the ED Visa.

28 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If it's an Immigration document your submitting as proof of address, then that is a 'Certificate of Residence' obtained from your Immigration office, not a TM30 receipt which only advises you've notified your address.

Are you sure about that? I'm not certain I can get a certificate of residence. The TM30 does have the address written on it. The woman I spoke to on the passport advice line thought it would be OK but she was just guessing. She didn't actually know anything beyond what is in the guidance notes for all to read.

2 minutes ago, Badger18 said:

Are you sure about that? I'm not certain I can get a certificate of residence.

If a TM30 has been filed, you can obtain a 'Certificate of Residence'.

Same thing you'd need for proof of address to obtain a Driving Licence.

4 minutes ago, Badger18 said:

The TM30 does have the address written on it.

The TM30 form does, the receipt does not. It just confirms you have notified your address.

The proof of address submitted with the TM30 is usually signed copies of the owners/landlords Tabien Baan and ID card and a rental contract.

From previous topics about applying for a UK passport about any proof of address will be accepted.

People have used a Thai drivers license, a yellow house book (translated to english), a utility bill, inter bill, phone bill and etc. 

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The TM30 form does [show the address], the receipt does not.

Mine does. I'm looking at it.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Previous posts suggest you have to have been here for a continuous period of at least 90 days.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

From previous topics about applying for a UK passport about any proof of address will be accepted.

People have used a Thai drivers license, a yellow house book (translated to english), a utility bill, inter bill, phone bill and etc. 

I don't have any of those things though. Bills aren't on the official list of acceptable documents either. The woman on the advice line said they stuck strictly to the list, and while it was fairly obvious she didn't know very much and was basically guessing, I'd be nervous using a bill even if I could engineer one in time.

I'm starting to think it's better not to apply for the new passport, but in that case, allowing for an exit stamp, I will have at most two-thirds of a page left when I come to extend the ed visa. I guess they need to leave some room for potential overstay stamps etc, or don't they worry about that?

4 hours ago, Badger18 said:

If I could get a duplicate TM30 that would solve the problem. Otherwise it may be better not to make the passport application on Monday - but I wanted this doing as soon as possible, because who knows how long it will really take with things as they are.

I assume BTW that I will get the TM30 back after making the application for the ed visa.

Residence certificate if all else fails

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What do you need the TM30 receipt for?

It is normally given to the person who did the report. Ask the owner for a copy of the receipt.

Sorry to disagree but it is a requirement of our IO for an extension of stay. They always check if it is in the passport. No problem for me because the wife did the TM30.

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Same thing you'd need for proof of address to obtain a Driving Licence.

The TM30 form does, the receipt does not. It just confirms you have notified your address.

The proof of address submitted with the TM30 is usually signed copies of the owners/landlords Tabien Baan and ID card and a rental contract.

That is strange. My TM30 has the notified address on it. Maybe different IOs

3 hours ago, Badger18 said:

Mine does. I'm looking at it.

My receipt doesn't.

If you think that's sufficient and acceptable, up to you.

3 hours ago, Badger18 said:

Previous posts suggest you have to have been here for a continuous period of at least 90 days.

First day I arrived in Thailand, I filled a TM30 and requested 2 Certificates of Residence.

One to purchase a motorcycle and one to apply for the Thai Driving licences.

The day after, I rode the motorcycle off the forecourt and went to the DLT and obtained my licences.

They certainly wouldn't accept a TM30 receipt as proof of address.

There is perhaps an odd IO that won't issue a COR until you've been here 90 days.

If they've accepted your TM30 as proof of residence there is no reason not to issue a COR on request.

3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

That is strange. My TM30 has the notified address on it. Maybe different IOs

There is no line on the receipt to insert the address, unless the IO wrote it at the bottom.

I've filed several TM30's and the address was never stated on any of the receipts.

15 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Sorry to disagree but it is a requirement of our IO for an extension of stay. They always check if it is in the passport. No problem for me because the wife did the TM30.

IF a TM30 has been filed then it will show on the IO's computer screen. My IO always checks that (I file TM30 myself online as condo owner). A print out is available online if your wife filed it online.

8 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

IF a TM30 has been filed then it will show on the IO's computer screen. My IO always checks that (I file TM30 myself online as condo owner). A print out is available online if your wife filed it online.

My wife files by hand and she gets a receipt as shown in the previous post.

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Address in box lower leftTM 30 receipt_1.pdf

That box does not appear on the TM30 form, so it was added either by yourself or the IO.

If you think that is proof of your address try convincing the DLT when you renew your licence.

Up to the OP if he feels that is sufficient evidence of address to renew his Passport.

If it's not, then he'll have to make a further appointment and trip to the Visa application centre.

The 'Certificate of Residence' is the usually proof of address requirement in Thailand. (Unless you have the Yellow Tabien Baan), so why not go with the flow and be assured.

13 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That box does not appear on the TM30 form, so it was added either by yourself or the IO.

If you think that is proof of your address try convincing the DLT when you renew your licence.

Up to the OP if he feels that is sufficient evidence of address to renew his Passport.

If it's not, then he'll have to make a further appointment and trip to the Visa application centre.

The 'Certificate of Residence' is the usually proof of address requirement in Thailand. (Unless you have the Yellow Tabien Baan), so why not go with the flow and be assured.

I do not need as proof of address, you are thinking of another poster. Just pointing out that my receipt has the address on it.

Just to clarify things for you the Phetchabun IO produce computer generated forms for everything and have you sign them. In another recent topic I described how I have just renewed my yearly extension where I had to complete 2 x TM7 forms by hand, in blue pen, with photos attached, while in the office. They then produced a computer generated TM 7 with a photo taken with their desktop camera for signature. Quirky, yes and what they do with the hands written forms is anyone's guess.

18 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

First day I arrived in Thailand, I filled a TM30 and requested 2 Certificates of Residence.

One to purchase a motorcycle and one to apply for the Thai Driving licences.

Are you talking about getting a Thai licence based on an existing foreign licence there, or doing the Thai tests?

1 hour ago, Badger18 said:

Are you talking about getting a Thai licence based on an existing foreign licence there, or doing the Thai tests?

Thai licence based on existing foreign licences, but 4 basic standard tests are still required (not the full theory and practical tests) as with every licence renewal.

Some DLT offices require you to watch a 1 hour video, which fortunately I've spared so far.

First Thai licence(s) are provisionally only valid 2 years before obtaining the 5 year licences.

Archived