Britain denies wanting to reduce workers' rights post-Brexit

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, elliss said:

I was a council sweeper ,  i had all the qualifications , failed six O levels .

However that said .

I knew the mechanical advantage of a brush n shovel.

Phoned our gaffer up , .told him , our brushes have been nicked,

We were then instructed to lean against each other .  Elf n safety ..

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

555 you blame the EU for not ordering the UK to increase their pensions????

Wouldn't that be intruding on your Brexiteer souvereignity ??? 555

Best Brexit joke ever!!!

Why would you raise the issue of better pensions in some EU countries in this post-Brexit worker rights thread? Do you believe that the EU would or should or could have ordered the UK to have pension parity? You are the one who thinks it's a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Loiner said:

Why would you raise the issue of better pensions in some EU countries in this post-Brexit worker rights thread? Do you believe that the EU would or should or could have ordered the UK to have pension parity? You are the one who thinks it's a problem.

Yes, as you say: QUOTE: should ...have ordered the UK to have pension parity

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your Blessed and much lamented Margaret T destroyed the UK’s manufacturing industries, announced the death of ‘society’ and set the UK on course for the ‘all rights an no responsibility’ mess the UK is in.

Totally agree with you chomper,thatcher really did stick the knife into the working classes back,and blair twisted it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Then the workers rights fought for were taken away by thatchers conservative government,and when blairs government,(who incidently had been financially saved from bankruptcy by trade union support) got in labour did not rescind any of them,stating " we,re not going back to the dark days of mass pickets"bit hard to have any rights when you,re on a bogus "self employed" zero hour contract both of which came into being in labours 3 terms of office.

Criticizing both conservatives and labour puts you where?

Any positive suggestions?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, blazes said:

I was once in a pub in Cheriton, Hampshire, deep in John Arlott country, where everyone spoke with that deep burr of 'Ampshire.

A guy walks in and obviously knew the locals having their beer.  He calls out to the pub: "I almost 'ad a 'eart attack today."

"Oh, why?"

"I wuz on me bike when I came across a bunch of council workers, and they were WORKING!!"

That's because they all where Poles

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More whataboutary.

The report is Johnson’s government planning to reduce workers rights.

A post Brexit ‘dividend’ that ‘Remainers’ predicted, you’ll find it filed under ‘Project Fear’.

Merely pointing out labours previous conduct regarding trade unions and what they did which screwed the british workers,think i prefer the conservatives,least you know where you are with them.people quickly forget.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, oldhippy said:

UK pensions are a joke compared to developed EU countries.

I've kept up my NI contributions so it makes a nice top up, and I'm extremely grateful for that. However I can't understand how anybody could live off that. It's only a small portion of my German pension. 

1 hour ago, BusyB said:

The EU is not responsible for most of the Brit moans. Like other sovereign matters, countries decide on their own pensions. And the real reason British pensions are so low is because the ruling classes despise you. 

And if you don't belong to them mate, you have Stockholm syndrome.

So the UK was not responsible enough to decide on its' own workers rights and had to follow the EU rules for them, but was responsible for decisions on its own UK pensions? Why was the EU not interested in pensions, other than those payed to MEPs? There's nothing to say that the UK will now reduce workers rights anyway, only Remainer and euro wails that will be.

You need to be clearer about which of your ruling classes despise us. Which ones do you think they are - the EU bureaucrats, or the Remainer metrocentric lefty liberal elites, neither of whom did anything much to raise pensions.

Stockholm syndrome or Brussels syndrome, same symptoms really. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, candide said:

What would you expect to find? Would your rush to find only a part of the statistics to be an example of the EU disdain for the UK workforce and your Britbashing?

Why didn't you admit to us from these numbers that a disproportionately way higher proportion of those on zero hour contracts are non-uk workers? 

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, candide said:

The EU had no interest in pensions because member states (incl. UK) did not vote to include pensions in the scope of its prerogatives. 

As usual, you blame the EU for a sovereign UK decision.

If the EU was to be supposed to be so great for workers rights, why was it not voted to make rules for ex-workers rights in pensions? The EU is very interested in funds for pension payments to MEPs but not others.

Are EU rules for workers rights really so good? I think the abundance of zero hour contracts in UK shows they are not up to much really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2