Britain denies wanting to reduce workers' rights post-Brexit

snoop1130

On 1/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, kingdong said:

Read the title of the thread, "britain denies" however if you,re in possession of information that contradicts it perhaps you,d care to share it.

Well they have now said they are going to look at changing them 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-admit-theyre-looking-overhauling-23347454

Tories admit they're looking at overhauling workers' rights laws after Brexit

Rules governing the 48-hour week, rest breaks and holiday entitlements are being examined by the Government, the new Business Secretary said

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tebee said:

Well they have now said they are going to look at changing them 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-admit-theyre-looking-overhauling-23347454

Tories admit they're looking at overhauling workers' rights laws after Brexit

Rules governing the 48-hour week, rest breaks and holiday entitlements are being examined by the Government, the new Business Secretary said

"Going to look at" and "they,re looking" aren,t a report, i looked at a porsche carrera in a showroom the other day,i,m not going to buy it though.

• Sad 1

On 1/17/2021 at 2:02 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

That would have been a clever move, ‘Remain’ wasn’t an issue at the time.

Hey but there’s hope, Johnson is in charge, Brexit is ‘sort of done’, nothing stopping the Old Etonian getting rid of zero hour contracts.

Most of the people I know on Zero Hours contracts are foreign born.  And they would be horrified if Zero Hours contracts were axed.

They like the flexibility of returning to their home country for periods of time, knowing they can come back and pick up another job, quickly and easily.

18 minutes ago, sharksy said:

Most of the people I know on Zero Hours contracts are foreign born.  And they would be horrified if Zero Hours contracts were axed.

They like the flexibility of returning to their home country for periods of time, knowing they can come back and pick up another job, quickly and easily.

And do these people claim tax and rent credits?i,m sure it is nice for them but this happy state of affairs is detrimental to the working conditions of the british workers,having said i don,t personally blame them for taking advantage of a loophole.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

It's not sure that most of the zero hour contract workers, who are actually UK born, would share the same enthusiasm.

So zero our contract workers actually prefer to be told on a daily basis when they,ll be required and for how many hours?this of could of course  be more on the day i.e you could be told you,re working extra hours,so that makes things practically impossible to arrange childcare or have any vestige of a social life,and you think workers prefer to work under these conditions?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, kingdong said:

So zero our contract workers actually prefer to be told on a daily basis when they,ll be required and for how many hours?this of could of course  be more on the day i.e you could be told you,re working extra hours,so that makes things practically impossible to arrange childcare or have any vestige of a social life,and you think workers prefer to work under these conditions?

Are you sure you read what I wrote?

21 minutes ago, candide said:

Are you sure you read what I wrote?

Yeah,did you read what i said?it pertained to the working conditions of zero hour contract workers.perhaps you,d care to counter what i wrote and enighten me as to the advantages.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Yeah,did you read what i said?it pertained to the working conditions of zero hour contract workers.perhaps you,d care to counter what i wrote and enighten me as to the advantages.

What means "It's not sure that most of the zero hour contract workers, who are actually UK born, would share the same enthusiasm". (For zero hour contracts)?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, transam said:

I have no interest in searching through individual questionable laws, I am only interested in the UK to being free to now do what it wants.....

Isn't it great........?       :clap2:

So you would have no objections to the tories dismantling workers' rights and protections if these laws had arisen from the EU, is that correct? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

So you would have no objections to the tories dismantling workers' rights and protections if these laws had arisen from the EU, is that correct? 

If you are looking for an argument via your hatred for authority, you have come to the wrong place.

The fact is, your lefty party may do the same thing in the future, in which case you would be very quiet here...

You seem to be looking for something that probably isn't there, scaremongering again....Chill out chap.  ????

• Like 2

Just now, transam said:

If you are looking for an argument via your hatred for authority, you have come to the wrong place.

The fact is, your lefty party may do the same thing in the future, in which case you would be very quiet here...

You seem to be looking for something that probably isn't there, scaremongering again....Chill out chap.  ????

Hatred of authority? I am not sure what gave you that idea.

I am simply curious as to why you were cheering on the suggestion that laws were being considered for being scrapped when you don't know what those laws are or how they may actually be protecting you or your fellow brits.

It seems a bit churlish, does it not, to simply erase all remnants of our EU past regardless of the benefits you might be currently gaining from it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Read the article to see what is being done and who said rights had been removed...I know I didn't

As you are against the UK controlling its own laws, regarding this topic, and complaining about it, show me what rights have been removed so far...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1