Britain denies wanting to reduce workers' rights post-Brexit

snoop1130

Just now, transam said:

As you are against the UK controlling its own laws, regarding this topic, and complaining about it, show me what rights have been removed so far...?

Oops, here comes the deflection...and as I said-who said rights have been removed?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The pressure to reduce workers' rights is on: another UK automotive plant will probably close Ellesmere Port factory

Asked about the impact of Brexit and the 2030 ban on internal combustion engines on Stellantis and Vauxhall's operations in particular, he said: “If a government or country creates a situation which destroys our business model by adding customs duty or constraints or bans of the sale of a kind or car … we are going to invest in different directions.

Cars are parked outside the Vauxhall car assembly plant on March 17, 2020 in Ellesmere Port, England

Ellesmere Port’s future has been in question since PSA bought Vauxhall and Opel from GM in 2017. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/01/19/brexit-engine-ban-have-changed-rules-vauxhall-boss-warns/

global search hhttps://bit.ly/2XZxBP7

There are about 1,100 workers at Ellesmere Port manufacturing the Astra car.

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hi from France said:

The pressure to reduce workers' rights is on: another UK automotive plant will probably close Ellesmere Port factory

Cars are parked outside the Vauxhall car assembly plant on March 17, 2020 in Ellesmere Port, England

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/01/19/brexit-engine-ban-have-changed-rules-vauxhall-boss-warns/

global search hhttps://bit.ly/2XZxBP7

There are about 1,100 workers at Ellesmere Port manufacturing the Astra car.

UK and Europe to declare war on new petrol and diesel car sales

The Boris Johnson-led conservative UK government is set to announce a ban on petrol and diesel cars by 2030, bringing forward its previous target set in February by five years, and the European Union may do so by 2025, according to new reports.

Also in news today, the European Union is reportedly considering implementing stricter laws which would effectively amount to a 2025 ban according to German news site Bild. Norway already has a ban in place from 2025, including of hybrids and plug in hybrids.

https://thedriven.io/2020/11/16/uk-and-europe-to-declare-war-on-new-petrol-and-diesel-car-sales/#:~:text=UK and Europe to declare war on new petrol and diesel car sales,-November 16%2C 2020&text=The Boris Johnson-led conservative,2025%2C according to new reports.

If he wants to continue building petrol and diesel engine cars he needs to think about relocating to much futher than Europe as they plan to have a ban in place by 2025

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Scaremongering… Yeah right, all I did was post an article which highlighted the dangers to workers rights and protections. 

Something you seem to find funny and to actually welcome…

But then again you don’t live in the UK do you?

So there are no dangers on paper to workers rights, you are just scaremongering.????

What do I find funny that hasn't happened.....?

We are not allowed to talk about where folk are, or where they are from, this is a Thai based farang forum for discussion. Please remember that...Thank you....:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Me? Nope I posted a legitimate article outlining the dangers to workers rights-something you seem to think is ''great''.

LOL to the rest of your post...

That's OK, I knew you couldn't answer my post.....:thumbsup:.............:stoner:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Show me/us evidence that the UK is going to do away with workers rights, links please.......?

Follow the link and read the story you thought was so great and added your happy clappy to...and no one said do away with.

Undermine and weaken yes...not sure anyone is claiming rights will be entirely done away with

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:58 AM, RuamRudy said:

So you would have no objections to the tories dismantling workers' rights and protections if these laws had arisen from the EU, is that correct? 

Does a worker on a zero hour contract have any " rights and protections"?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/20/2021 at 9:23 AM, Bluespunk said:

Nice to see how brexiteers feel about the undermining of the rights and protections of those who actually live in the country. 

Rights and protections? That horse bolted years ago thanks to membership to the eu and a weak government at the time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Rights and protections? That horse bolted years ago thanks to membership to the eu and a weak government at the time.

Please explain how the EU undermined worker's rights and protections.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2