Tourist visa / STV Question

I see when applying for an STV or tourist visa you have to supply a hotel booking it states: "confirmed hotel booking/accommodation rental for the remaining period of your stay in Thailand, with proof of payment"  How does this work if your not planning to stay at one place for the duration of the STV which I guess no one would. Do you show a booking for a week or something?

The other question is regarding the funds to get an STV or tourist visa on the London Thai embassy website for both visas it states you need to show: "

"UK/Irish bank statements with sufficient fund to cover your trip to Thailand" How much are these sufficient funds,? 

thanks

You must show a booking paid in full for the duration of the stay. So you could do 1 month in different places totaling to your entire stay. They lowered the sufficient funds, I believe in pounds its about 500-600.

I would allow 2 months. In my case I started 1 month ago. Sent my passport to the embassy 3 weeks ago. Still waiting to get it back. Honestly i would not have done this visa if i knew what i was getting into. All this pre booking , then cancelling changing , etc is a nightmare.

15 minutes ago, at15 said:

You must show a booking paid in full for the duration of the stay. So you could do 1 month in different places totaling to your entire stay. They lowered the sufficient funds, I believe in pounds its about 500-600.

I would allow 2 months. In my case I started 1 month ago. Sent my passport to the embassy 3 weeks ago. Still waiting to get it back. Honestly i would not have done this visa if i knew what i was getting into. All this pre booking , then cancelling changing , etc is a nightmare.

Mmm but a normal guesthouse is almost impossible to book online thats the problem, better to find somewhere when you get there after a week or so, you will get shafted, you can get a place for 7000  baht a month in a guesthouse max, I was paying 4000  in korat earlier. But you can't book these places online

They turned my docs around very quickly - 2 weeks would have been more than enough.

For the SETV, the minimum is £500. I don't think anyone knows for sure what's considered sufficient for the new visa, but as it's good for up to 9 months (instead of 3) It seems a safe bet it won't be more than 3x as much, i.e. £1500. Any less than that and I think you'd at least have to be ready for a delay. A lot of the arrangements can be cancelled / altered though.

I take it you know about ASQ and the covid test & fit-to-fly certificate already.

Depending on your circs you may be breaking the lockdown rules to leave your house to go to Thailand. I haven't seen any reports of people being stopped but they did say recently that they were going to start enforcing this. Probably a small risk but I doubt the airline / hotel would refund you if it did happen.

1 minute ago, Badger18 said:

They turned my docs around very quickly - 2 weeks would have been more than enough.

For the SETV, the minimum is £500. I don't think anyone knows for sure what's considered sufficient for the new visa, but as it's good for up to 9 months (instead of 3) It seems a safe bet it won't be more than 3x as much, i.e. £1500. Any less than that and I think you'd at least have to be ready for a delay. A lot of the arrangements can be cancelled / altered though.

I take it you know about ASQ and the covid test & fit-to-fly certificate already.

Depending on your circs you may be breaking the lockdown rules to leave your house to go to Thailand. I haven't seen any reports of people being stopped but they did say recently that they were going to start enforcing this. Probably a small risk but I doubt the airline / hotel would refund you if it did happen.

the train is direct to manchester airport i doubt anyone would notice me, yeah i know about the asq covid test and fit to fly, its booking  a hotel in advance for 3 months that will cost a fortune vs a guesthouse. Does anyone know any guesthouses you can book on a monthly basis and pay for in bangkok? rather than hotels or a way to book them

3 minutes ago, Badger18 said:

My booking was for 6 weeks and that didn't cause a problem with my SETV.

mmm you've got me thinking there as I wouldn't be going abroad for work, can you go on holiday?  i take it once your in the airport your ok unless border force don't let you out

1 minute ago, jaffas21 said:

mmm you've got me thinking there as I wouldn't be going abroad for work, can you go on holiday?  

Are you going back to the UK rules there? If so, no you're not supposed to. On the Thai side, yes - those visas are only good for tourist visits.

11 minutes ago, Badger18 said:

Are you going back to the UK rules there? If so, no you're not supposed to. On the Thai side, yes - those visas are only good for tourist visits.

yes i was talking about here, if your going to work in Thailand for example you could be going for work purposes which is allowed. but if you get into the airport and to your check in desk i presume you can always fly. anyway regarding accomodation in thailand it is 45 days or if you extend it a little more, I guess i'd have to get a friend of mine to book me into a guesthouse for the first 45 days and get the documents confirming its been booked. Then if i extend for another 30 days id have to present evidence of that. another 45 days could get expensive, i cant plan ahead my locations for 3 months thats silly

7 hours ago, Badger18 said:

For the SETV, the minimum is £500.

That is no longer required This from a embassy website.

• A fully-paid hotel reservation in Thailand for the whole duration of intended stay in Thailand (after the 14-day quarantine). The reservation must be issued by the hotel showing the duration of stay, and hotel’s contact details and tax ID number;

13 hours ago, jaffas21 said:

yes i was talking about here, if your going to work in Thailand for example you could be going for work purposes which is allowed. but if you get into the airport and to your check in desk i presume you can always fly. anyway regarding accomodation in thailand it is 45 days or if you extend it a little more, I guess i'd have to get a friend of mine to book me into a guesthouse for the first 45 days and get the documents confirming its been booked. Then if i extend for another 30 days id have to present evidence of that. another 45 days could get expensive, i cant plan ahead my locations for 3 months thats silly

Gotcha. Wouldn't mention work because your visa will say employment prohibited on it, and you won't have any of the docs you would have if you were really travelling for work purposes. Not sure if the same rule applies when extending, doubt it tbh. May depend on the immigration office.

21 hours ago, jaffas21 said:

I see when applying for an STV or tourist visa you have to supply a hotel booking it states: "confirmed hotel booking/accommodation rental for the remaining period of your stay in Thailand, with proof of payment"  How does this work if your not planning to stay at one place for the duration of the STV which I guess no one would. Do you show a booking for a week or something?

The other question is regarding the funds to get an STV or tourist visa on the London Thai embassy website for both visas it states you need to show: "

"UK/Irish bank statements with sufficient fund to cover your trip to Thailand" How much are these sufficient funds,? 

thanks

I booked a hotel on Agoda for 75 days and as soon as I got the visa and then landed in Bangkok, I contacted Agoda and cancelled the booking (free of charge)

On 1/16/2021 at 7:57 PM, toolpush said:

I booked a hotel on Agoda for 75 days and as soon as I got the visa and then landed in Bangkok, I contacted Agoda and cancelled the booking (free of charge)

On the Thai Embassy / Consulate pages for STV in Washington DC / LA, it says "The reservation must be issued by the hotel showing the duration of stay, and hotel’s contact details and tax ID number" - this would seem to make the approach you described not work?

Or are you coming from a country whose Thai Embassy / Consulate has different language in this requirement than that described above

according the embassy full payment of booking only applies to stv not standard tourist visa, i think its a bit silly as most tourists want to travel around so you would be paying twice if you think about it. I mean what tourist stays in the same place for even a month. I certainly wouldn't and no tourist would stay in bangkok for long. Its simply a way to bolster the hotels by making you pay more.

13 minutes ago, jaffas21 said:

according the embassy full payment of booking only applies to stv not standard tourist visa, i think its a bit silly as most tourists want to travel around so you would be paying twice if you think about it. I mean what tourist stays in the same place for even a month. I certainly wouldn't and no tourist would stay in bangkok for long. Its simply a way to bolster the hotels by making you pay more.

You can book ASQ, then 2 x Agoda Hotels, or 3 x Agoda Hotels Somewhere....................Then use a PDF merger online to combine PDF's online, then upload that to supporting docs

Archived