Thailand Sold Itself as a Paradise Covid Retreat. No One Came

rooster59

15 hours ago, sandyf said:

I didn't actually mean that kind of circumstances, but that being the case she would be in a health scheme at a particular hospital. Still doesn't shed any light on why no test, government hospital policy or some restriction due to the health arrangement.

As far as I am aware, if there are no symptoms everyone has to pay and I know the Thai health arrangements can be quite complicated in some respects.

No tests kits were available!!!  Only way she could get a test was to pay at a local hospital.  Sucks.  She's OK now, but never got tested.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, Liverpoolfan said:

and now they want to charge future prospective tourists an extra 300 baht entrance fee on arrival..

Good job, Thailand.

Sounds like a watertight plan to me ???? 

The way things are looking, that could be reviewed and increased to 1,000 baht.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2021 at 9:53 PM, starky said:

Ok tell me the foreign countries you can currently travel to as a single bloke that had bars and girls and no quarantine. 

Columbia, Mexico ..... world is bigger than you think Starky. Relax man. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2021 at 7:19 AM, PatOngo said:

Get it through your heads, NOBODY wants to sit in a quarantine hotel for two weeks!

How long is it going to take these people to realise just how insignificant they really are to the rest of the world? ????

• Like 2

Thailand shot itself in the foot with the Chinese.

That's why no one came.

The Chinese ruined LOS and now they want to buy the cheapest vaccine on the market from guess where!?

The good people of Thailand deserve the best not the cheapest s**t on the market.

Thailand was considered the best holiday destination in the world before the influx of the Chinese.

The people at the very very very top of the day tree will not be having the Chinese vaccine. 

Please allow the good and undervalued people of The Kingdom to have the same as the people at the very very very top of the tree.

On 1/16/2021 at 8:11 AM, rooster59 said:

Thailand had hoped to lure retirees escaping the European winter and others who could stay for an extended period. They would have to go through quarantine, but that could be done in the comfort of high-end resorts in a country that had been relatively unscathed by the pandemic. After two weeks, Thailand would be theirs to roam for as long as nine months.

Yes I would do the quarantine ,if I could get the long stay STV visa to make it worth while and of course to get out of this crazy locked up state of Western Australia , with a crazy State Premier shutting down the State border every time one covid-19 pops up over east Aussie . But to my disappointment  I cannot get this visa, because of my age in the high seventies , unable to get the second medical insurance, because you have to be under 75 years old to get entry to this insurance, then most will cover on until  you are 99 . I can get  insurance cover for the covid-19 one ,I see one insurance company that covers this one up to the age of 99.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       After two weeks, Thailand would be theirs to roam for as long as nine months ,( WHAT A JOKE ) on top of paying your quarantine up front , you then have to pay all your accommodation for the rest of your stay up front also,  so please explain how Thailand would be yours to roam around , after paying to stay in one hotel for your whole holiday .    Regards   Popa

On 1/16/2021 at 12:12 PM, spidermike007 said:

Good ideas. But the creative thinking part eliminated Thailand (due to this administration) from contention. Bottom of the barrel appointments lead to poor performance and a dire lack of creativity, resulting in a devastated economy and millions out of work. 

Well it looks like they are moving in this direction now with the attempt at an STV vaccine visa and push by hotels 

https://www.ft.com/content/d4a4dec0-57b5-41a4-8a42-f898c4089df3

let’s see if they have the where with all  to compromise and get the tourism industry re-fired up. 

On 1/19/2021 at 4:25 PM, NobbyClarke said:

Thailand shot itself in the foot with the Chinese.

That's why no one came.

The Chinese ruined LOS and now they want to buy the cheapest vaccine on the market from guess where!?

The good people of Thailand deserve the best not the cheapest s**t on the market.

Thailand was considered the best holiday destination in the world before the influx of the Chinese.

The people at the very very very top of the day tree will not be having the Chinese vaccine. 

Please allow the good and undervalued people of The Kingdom to have the same as the people at the very very very top of the tree.

I think you forgot to mention in YOUR ' statements ' a good part of Th Nationals have Chinese origins, roots..... Maybe look it up ...

• Like 1

What they don't mention is the possibility of an additional 14 days home quarantine after your 15 night ASQ stay. As I and a couple of others I know are currently experiencing in a number of provinces.

These are local regulations some provinces have introduced and not listed on the TAT website as requirements.

I'm here because I wanted to be here. I cant imagine tourists wanting to endure 4+ weeks of quarantine just for a holiday.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Farma said:

What they don't mention is the possibility of an additional 14 days home quarantine after your 15 night ASQ stay. As I and a couple of others I know are currently experiencing in a number of provinces.

These are local regulations some provinces have introduced and not listed on the TAT website as requirements.

I'm here because I wanted to be here. I cant imagine tourists wanting to endure 4+ weeks of quarantine just for a holiday.

A lot of provinces are ending requirements like this.  More will shortly as the infections are going down a lot.

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

A lot of provinces are ending requirements like this.  More will shortly as the infections are going down a lot.

I like your optimism but until Bangkok with all its ASQ's is no longer classed as a red zone I cant see this happening.

On 1/16/2021 at 5:52 AM, BernieOnTour said:

Well, these mRNA vaccines have different objectives than eg. a polio vaccine, 

that Bloomberg remark doesn’t really reflect for what AstraZeneca and Pfizer were testing in their trials - check the „Endpoints“:

A1B91C47-E901-4C04-A122-DC02D3322236.thumb.jpeg.30e09766a02a8ee8043f4f6a1ef06530.jpeg

If the person to person spread is not tested, how can it protect your citizens against infection ?

Rethinking the only endpoint listed above

-„prevention of symptomatic disease in vaccine recipients“-  

they tested and wanted to achieve  ...

During our governments‘ announcements in March-May 

- wasn’t the biggest danger coming from „Superspreaders“ ?

- and those were defined to be „asymptomatic“ and moving around, not aware of being infected?

Wondering, what the outcome of the vaccinations will be, when the vaccination campaigns move from our elders to the younger ones ...

Edited by BernieOnTour