Youths believed to have died of benzodiazepine overdose in ketamine powdered milk

Youths believed to have died of benzodiazepine overdose in ketamine powdered milk

Somsak-Thepsuthin.jpg

Justice Minister Somsak Thepsuthin

Excessive levels of a substance in the benzodiazepine family, formerly marketed as “Valium” but now called Diazepam, has been detected in the bodies of some of the young Thais who died after possibly using the drug cocktail “ketamine powdered milk”, or ketamine cocktail.

Justice Minister Somsak Thepsuthin said today that lab tests show about 200 milligrams of Diazepam,  equivalent to about 100 sleeping pills, in their bodies, which is believed to have contributed to their deaths.

He said that 93-99% of the ketamine cocktail was found to be Diazepam and, normally, each sleeping pill contains just 2 milligrams. Consuming more than five pills is considered an overdose and can be fatal.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/youths-believed-to-have-died-of-benzodiazepine-overdose-in-ketamine-powdered-milk/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-01-16

• Sad 1
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

200 mg of diazepam wont kill anyone, just make you have a 48 hour sleep. A combination of substances however, coukd enhance the effects. Benzodiazepine and alcohol, for example, both affect Gaba recep

I guess now the manufacturer knows what went wrong they can adjust the mix

Indeed, when I lived in Bangkok, I used to take 200 mg of Diazepam a day. However, I had built up a tolerance over a few years. I did mix it with other substances and thank God, I am still here and of

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Justice Minister Somsak Thepsuthin said today that lab tests show about 200 milligrams of Diazepam,  equivalent to about 100 sleeping pills, in their bodies, which is believed to have contributed to their deaths.

Why in the world would an illicit drug manufacturer put 200 mg of a benzo into a substance?  Expensive and they are going to kill their clients, so no repeat sales.  The benzo is probably contaminated  with undesirable other ingredients. Putting people to sleep permanently is very different to getting high.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Why in the world would an illicit drug manufacturer put 200 mg of a benzo into a substance?  Expensive and they are going to kill their clients, so no repeat sales.  The benzo is probably contaminated  with undesirable other ingredients. Putting people to sleep permanently is very different to getting high.

I just checked the price on Alibaba, many types of Benzo derivatives cost less than one Baht per gram. I guess they were just not careful when mixing it, cost is obviously not a significant factor.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, lujanit said:

Do you think these people  have  quality control department or Good Manufacturing Practices standards?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Do you think these people  have  quality control department or Good Manufacturing Practices standards?

Should be FDA approved

• Like 2

Hard to believe, but I think it's true, that Police and Government cry so hard when the drug trade many of them profit from, surfaces in the news. And yet the sight of 10-year-olds riding their Dad's motorcycles proliferates because the usefulness of the RTP in prosecuting breaches of the law is so poor (presumably because it would interfere with the monetization of their jobs).

Pretty hard to feel sorry for any feckless Thai (usually males) who decide to take huge quantities of drugs, quantities which would likely kill an elephant. Ignorance of what one is doing is rarely a reasonable excuse - they're just as dead.

Education is a wonderful thing. It's a very great pity that Thais don't do education...

Edited by Glaswegian2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, lujanit said:

Why in the world would an illicit drug manufacturer put 200 mg of a benzo into a substance?  

Why in the world would someone want to swallow it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, jackdd said:

I just checked the price on Alibaba, many types of Benzo derivatives cost less than one Baht per gram. I guess they were just not careful when mixing it, cost is obviously not a significant factor.

Do they deliver to Thailand? 

6 hours ago, lujanit said:

Benzo’s are actually very cheap to make

A tub of 1000 10mg pills made in India could be bought for next to nothing 

India even provides Africa with them, as they’re are classified listed as an essential medicine by WHO

using the word 'milk' in the descriptor is a misnomer...

just imagine if Customs started describing a heroin stash discovered, by calling it a block of milk 🤯 

• Like 1