Bangkok to Chaing Mai travel

gordog

Hi, I have been in Bangkok a few weeks now and on wednesday I would like to travel to Chiang Mai for a week to do some things. 

I understand Bangkok is a redzone and so i will need to download the app and register my travel, but other than that, I am allowed to travel and will not need to quarantine in chiang mai?

From the official TAT site, the following regulation apply to arrivals in Chiang Mai (not specifically at the airport only):

+ All arrivals at any points of entry must register with the CM-Chana contact tracing application for effective disease control in Chiang Mai.  

+ Arrivals from the 5 maximum controlled provinces must show official documents to prove their travel was necessary. They are also required to undergo a health screening and state their destination as well as must already register with the Mor Chana contact tracing application. All must enter a 14-day home quarantine or undergo a COVID-19 test as instructed by the local disease control officers.  

+ People from the 23 highly controlled provinces are required to provide information on their accommodation, travel programme and duration of stay. In addition to register with the Mor Chana contact tracing application, they are required to register with the CM-Chana contact tracing application and to follow instructions sent through the app, and enter a 14-day home quarantine.  

+ People from 11 controlled provinces and 38 provinces under high surveillance are required to provide information on their destination in Chiang Mai. In addition to register with the Mor Chana contact tracing application, they are required to register with the CM-Chana contact tracing application and to follow instructions sent through the app.  

If you insist on going, it might be wise to carry a copy of your rental agreement or whatever, not sure how you you are going to prove that you do not come from Chonburi or other red zones. Going seems risky as they might insist you take a PCR test and/or do quarantine as point 3 (underlined) will probably apply.

Edited by cormanr7
change 2 to 3
  • Like 1