eat rice like it's cereal?

BananaBandit

Oatmeal. Super healthy. Keeps you full for a few hours. Good for your blood-sugar and cholesterol. Add nuts and/or fruit if you like.

You find it at Tesco and Makro, cost 36 thb for a bag that last for a week.

Personally, I start every day with a bowl of oatmeal with half bag of peanuts and one sliced banana. Low fat milk on top.

Healthy, cheap, and a superb start to the day.

10 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

Oatmeal. Super healthy. Keeps you full for a few hours. Good for your blood-sugar and cholesterol. Add nuts and/or fruit if you like.

You find it at Tesco and Makro, cost 36 thb for a bag that last for a week.

Personally, I start every day with a bowl of oatmeal with half bag of peanuts and one sliced banana. Low fat milk on top.

Healthy, cheap, and a superb start to the day.

Which oatmeal do you recommend?

The instant oats that feature prominently on the shelves do not fit your super-food classification.

Eat healthy, exercise regularly; die anyway.

If eating bacon, pizza, cheese, burgers, rare steak and all those "naughty" foods takes off a few years of my life, at least it's from the right end and I'm fine with it.

Had a good friend who was a total health nut. Died on his motorbike.

Oats is very healthy, but, my God, it's a boring food. Never could eat porridge as it's resemblance to cat vomit is just too close.

Edited by KarenBravo

15 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Which oatmeal do you recommend?

The instant oats that feature prominently on the shelves do not fit your super-food classification.

I use both the red and blue one.

Red one is healthier but makes you gassy unless you cook porridge on it.

Blue one is excellent for cereal. Just let it soak in the milk for a couple of min before eating.

20210117_090735.jpg

20210117_090520.jpg

20210117_091301.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Oats is very healthy, but, my God, it's a boring food. 

Agree oat can be boring, but if you mix in some fruit/other it can become quiet okay.

You don`t have to enjoy every single meal you eat. Its okay to have a meal just to fuel up too.

I eat so much junk during a day. Especially when gf cook. The amount of oil, coconut milk, salt, etc that she throw in is scary. Then you can add the mountain of white rice throughout the day. And the chips and snacks. The random fried chicken. The coke. The beer. The list goes on.

At least I manage to put in one healthy meal a day. My BMI thank me for that

1 minute ago, MrMilk said:

Agree oat can be boring, but if you mix in some fruit/other it can become quiet okay.

You don`t have to enjoy every single meal you eat. Its okay to have a meal just to fuel up too.

I eat so much junk during a day. Especially when gf cook. The amount of oil, coconut milk, salt, etc that she throw in is scary. Then you can add the mountain of white rice throughout the day. And the chips and snacks. The random fried chicken. The coke. The beer. The list goes on.

At least I manage to put in one healthy meal a day. My BMI thank me for that

Sounds like that healthy meal is for your conscience. Good on ya.

48 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

I use both the red and blue one.

Red one is healthier but makes you gassy unless you cook porridge on it.

Blue one is excellent for cereal. Just let it soak in the milk for a couple of min before eating.

I tend to prefer the less processed rolled oats.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/04/06/the-difference-between-steel-cut-rolled-and-quick-oats_a_22026323/