PM promises "Fast - Safe - Transparent - Comprehensive" vaccine program - no mention of foreigners.

rooster59

1 hour ago, berton said:

sorry bimmerbob, he is right , with reflexion ,opposite of immature : that is what you show: 

I work in TH , married with thai wife ...and than ? I'm I a baby that Thailand has to take care? I make my job , thai and foreigner pay me. I built my home in lands that my wife bought. This is the law . 

Now, covid is all over the world . Because of good  choices , vey little here. I thank this country to welcome me and protect my family. But I have my own choice : to be vaccinated or not. We have this discussion with my colleagues everyday in the hospital. For me now : it's NO , not yet !...for scientist reason(not the question here)

this is my choice , so , If I decide something in my life , I have to pay ! I'm responsible for me and my family.

the people who dont want to pay are stingy, assisted...or both.

if you are american, english, indian(...) citizen , ask to your embassy like you do for any important question ..right? you dont ask for influenza vaccine to thai governement? do the same !

today I read that to get a new visa we must have a covid test.  

I believe this starts end of January

So what if the Government say that you must have a vaccination to get your visa?  what you do then?

because I am sure this will happen when the vaccine is avaiable to buy in private hospitals.

but for now, I agree, I would not take the vaccine either.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Weren't they supposed to be producing this vaccine in Thailand?

Ah, they forget what they say, many have folked tongue... 

And to regards the fast and safe roll out, they must be having a laugh, Thailand will no doubt be one of the last Countries to vaccinate all its citizens, most Countries are predicting they will have there citizens vaccinated by end 2021,  Thailand is planning to vaccinate in 2022, and no doubt beyond. 

6 hours ago, farang63 said:

Vaccine Questions: - Will we be able to stop wearing the mask? NO - Will bars, restaurants, gyms, discos etc. work normally? NO - Will we be immune to Covid? We still don't know exactly - Will we no longer be contagious? We still don't know exactly - Would the schools restart normally? NO - Will we be able to stop social distancing? NO - Will we be able to stop sanitizing our hands every 5 minutes? NO - Will we be able to hug and kiss our grandparents again? NO - Will cinemas, theaters and stadiums reopen? NO - Will we be able to assemble? NO - Will there be no more lockdowns? They might serve the same - What real benefit is there then in getting vaccinated? MAYBE the virus will not kill you. Works 90-95% - But why is it not even certain that the virus will not kill me? NO but the possibility of this happening is statistically very low - But if statistically I still have a very low chance of the virus killing me ... then why should I get vaccinated? To protect others - So if I get vaccinated, can others be safe? NO - Will vaccinating me return to normal life as before? NO-- At this point I understand that the vaccine will not change things much ... One last doubt ... - If many times the vaccine causes me an adverse reaction in a few months or years due to the vaccine, does anyone take responsibility? NO

That's why I'll be taking the placebo!Does the same thing plus it's cheaper!

12 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

And to regards the fast and safe roll out, they must be having a laugh, Thailand will no doubt be one of the last Countries to vaccinate all its citizens, most Countries are predicting they will have there citizens vaccinated by end 2021,  Thailand is planning to vaccinate in 2022, and no doubt beyond. 

Perhaps I should point out that Thailand was one of the first countries to get its 1st wave completely under control and with a very low infection rate. It is also well on its way to curbing the 2nd wave.

So what's all the fuss about vaccination?

25 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

So what if the Government say that you must have a vaccination to get your visa?  what you do then?

because I am sure this will happen when the vaccine is avaiable to buy in private hospitals.

but for now, I agree, I would not take the vaccine either.

for now medicine  authorities speak about that so we are going to decide 2 ways : 1/vaccine = free entrance , 2/ no vaccine = quarantine 14 days ...but problem with some vaccine : we have not enough perspective . So we dont know if  politics will follow scientific council

1 hour ago, berton said:

for now medicine  authorities speak about that so we are going to decide 2 ways : 1/vaccine = free entrance , 2/ no vaccine = quarantine 14 days ...but problem with some vaccine : we have not enough perspective . So we dont know if  politics will follow scientific council

But that don't say anything about Expats that have been living here and not left the country 

The incompetence of the officials responsible for the vaccination program leaves me breathless.  Ten months was not enough time to pull a sensible, effective plan together? June for the AZ vaccine and the near useless Sinovac not even approved yet(in Thailand).  They knew months ago that they would need more vaccine as they are only getting enough for 13 million people this year.  June, you have got to be kidding me, even Mexico has started their vaccination program.  Sinovac only 50% effective, why sign up to buy this when other better options are available .... oh wait stupid question.

9 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

The incompetence of the officials responsible for the vaccination program leaves me breathless.  Ten months was not enough time to pull a sensible, effective plan together? June for the AZ vaccine and the near useless Sinovac not even approved yet(in Thailand).  They knew months ago that they would need more vaccine as they are only getting enough for 13 million people this year.  June, you have got to be kidding me, even Mexico has started their vaccination program.  Sinovac only 50% effective, why sign up to buy this when other better options are available ....

which competence do you have? when scientists knows that we need 8-10 years tests for theese kind of new vaccines?

3 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

You are the one having a laugh...less than 50% of US ctizens intend to get vaccinated. Many Indians are sceptical of the vaccine also. Ans how long to vccinate 1.3B Chinese? Most Thais intend to - I imagine by the mid to end of 2022, dependign on vaccine availability. 

Took me a while to find out but seems all "farangs"...stranded in UK....ie including  Thai Nationals.whos Visas have expired and have been extended on the same principals..albiet by email..no visits to Immigration required..(as in LOS)....will be entitled to the C 19 Virus..Testing Programme ..and... Vaccination.. ...for FREE..under our Nations NHS ..Would be rather nice if the enlightened Thai Government reciprocated ...Chai..yes

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 4reaL said:
14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Anutin said that 26 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine had been bought and the first lot would arrive in June.

Only 5 months 

And just in time for the end of 2.5 PM air pollution season! 

15 hours ago, keith101 said:

We will be the last to be vaccinated unless we get it through private hospitals paying through the nose for it and that way the Government doesn't have to consider buying vaccines for us dirty farang as Anutin called us .

I would be happy to pay for it in a private hospital as long as I can get a jab. As a foreigner here in Austria I'm last in the queue if there ever will be one. No corruption here but connections. 

Rather buy when I can.

5 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Haha, just look at the snail speed

many EU countries vaccinate.

23 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Haha, just look at the snail speed

many EU countries vaccinate.

One day ago in Britain, how's Thailand doing ?   Er, 0.......

The total number of vaccination doses given in England to date is 2,371,407, with 236,023 administered in the East compared to 447,329 in the Midlands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Well yeah.  That's what makes this program "fast".

Thai people don't have to listen to drunk Farangs whinging and moaning about the "dangers" of vaccines. ????

Oh yeah, well enjoy that farang vaccine........    that's unless you'd prefer the Chinese one ?      Them dirty farangs again inventing every thing Thailand clings onto......... 

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Well yeah.  That's what makes this program "fast".

Thai people don't have to listen to drunk Farangs whinging and moaning about the "dangers" of vaccines. ????

Farang vaccine..... No Chinese rubbish, the world's had enough bad news from China....

The total number of vaccination doses given in England to date is 2,371,407, with 236,023 administered in the East compared to 447,329 in the Midlands.    One day ago. 15/1/21......   Made in England .......Bought for Thailand....

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Thanks for proving my point from my last post. ????

Your welcome, and as I've already had the virus and am now contributing to herd immunity I won't need the vaccine and will give mine to someone who is in more need of it.I'll continue to enjoy the irony of people winging and moaning about people whinging and moaning to give themselves the feeling they are somehow superior to others.By the way Norway is investigating the deaths of 23 elderly after taking a vaccine.That's how you care for the elderly and frail by using them as guinea pigs for a rushed vaccine?

Edited by FarFlungFalang

20 hours ago, robblok said:

So what.. why do you expect the Thai government to take care of you. You are not Thai. I don't mind paying a private hospital. Also GF her company is looking into getting the vaccine themselves they are a medical company. I don't see the problem of governments not taking care of non Thais. 

We made choices when we came here.. why expect a government to take care of us. If you want that then go back to your home country. There you are being taken care of have more rights.

ye, typical overjustified white boomer, heard of cheap sex, came  thailand, cheap sex no there,  no respect for boomer found either, sad stori bro, cry me river to.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, robblok said:

So what.. why do you expect the Thai government to take care of you. You are not Thai. I don't mind paying a private hospital. Also GF her company is looking into getting the vaccine themselves they are a medical company. I don't see the problem of governments not taking care of non Thais. 

We made choices when we came here.. why expect a government to take care of us. If you want that then go back to your home country. There you are being taken care of have more rights.

"If you want that then go back to your home country." That would be fine, but what about the hassle getting back into Thailand? That would suit the unelected "PM" and his generals, as it would mean ASQ, and the insurance scam, of which it would line their pockets even more.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, robblok said:

And this is why I don’t participate in lockdown, quarantine or travel restrictions.

I am taking care of myself. Looks like you are planning on your GF taking care of you.