Can I go early?

Hi there, I applied for an extension last year to my non-o guardian visa, I was given an under consideration stamp and told to come back next Thursday. Is it possible to go back on Monday instead (3 days early) or will they just tell me to come back on Thursday. 

If they told you to come back Thursday, i would go back Thursday. I am sure you can go on Monday, but if it takes them to Thursday to consider, then it will not be ready.

If it was going to be ready on Monday, i expect they would of told you to come on Monday, or Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, NongDaeng said:

Thanks, it's PIA to get there. But it's my GFs off day from work and she's going to struggle to get Thursday off to attend. If it's not completely hopeless to go on Monday, then I will give it a shot. 

You could just call them and ask if it's ready.

But what does your GF have to do with your non-o guardian visa? Just go alone.

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You could just call them and ask if it's ready.

But what does your GF have to do with your non-o guardian visa? Just go alone.

Originally I had to take my son, but different visa officers wanted my GF to attend, so now I take both to cover contingencies. 

I wasn't aware that I could call them to obtain that information, I'll give it a shot on Monday morning then. 

12 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

If they told you to come back Thursday, i would go back Thursday. I am sure you can go on Monday, but if it takes them to Thursday to consider, then it will not be ready.

If it was going to be ready on Monday, i expect they would of told you to come on Monday, or Tuesday.

That is not always so of course.  My examples;  told to come back at 3pm, went back at 1pm and got sorted.  Told to go back in three days, I went back in two and got sorted.  Sometimes they just throw out a date/time without much thought. Depends on the office I suppose and whether your date is a recorded appointment (hard to get over that) or just an oral instruction by the IO.  In your circumstances, I would give it a go, if you don't get a no when you call.   When you do call, I would just ask if you can come on the Monday without mentioning that you were told Thursday.  If you say Thursday, they will  no doubt confirm Thursday. 

Just now, Pilotman said:

That is not always so of course.  My examples;  told to come back at 3pm, went back at 1pm and got sorted.  Told to go back in three days, I went back in two and got sorted.  Sometimes they just throw out a date/time without much thought. Depends on the office I suppose and whether your date is a recorded appointment (hard to get over that) or just an oral instruction by the IO.  In your circumstances, I would give it a go, if you don't get a no when you call.   When you do call, I would just ask if you can come on the Monday without mentioning that you were told Thursday.  If you say Thursday, they will  no doubt confirm Thursday. 

Thanks, yes this aligns with my experience in Thailand so far - to ask forgiveness rather than permission, because permission always is 'no, cannot'. 

My return is based on a passport stamp placed prior to Xmas, so I'm hoping enough time has passed, because if my gf can't make it on Thursday I'm assuming that would throw me into overstay the next day. 

13 minutes ago, NongDaeng said:

Originally I had to take my son, but different visa officers wanted my GF to attend, so now I take both to cover contingencies. 

There is no requirement for them to be with you when you go back to get the extension stamp done. They only need to be there when you do the application for the extension.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement for them to be with you when you go back to get the extension stamp done. They only need to be there when you do the application for the extension.

Thanks, the officer did not make this clear to me as she spoke only with my gf last time, I'm very wary about the situation as every officer requested different things and has always thrown a spanner in the works each time that has been a rush fix to get done on the day. 

Archived