UK's Johnson takes stand against 'cruel' Japanese whaling: The Telegraph

rooster59

59 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I am vegan. I cant stand the hypocrisy of anyone who eats meat and then is shocked and upset about when an animal they think is special is killed.

The irony is that it took million of years of evolutionary development based on eating concentrated protein (dead critters) to get humans to a point where we can type this stuff.  If our ancestors were all vegan, we'd be competing with chimps for the best branches to sleep in.

I do get your point about cruelty in the name of $$$.  Sadly, it's more profitable to skimp on care and ethical treatment of the animals we depend on- and not just for food.

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

The irony is that it took million of years of evolutionary development based on eating concentrated protein (dead critters) to get humans to a point where we can type this stuff.  If our ancestors were all vegan, we'd be competing with chimps for the best branches to sleep in.

I do get your point about cruelty in the name of $$$.  Sadly, it's more profitable to skimp on care and ethical treatment of the animals we depend on- and not just for food.

QUOTE: it took million of years of evolutionary development based on eating concentrated protein (dead critters) to get humans to a point where we can type this stuff.

Easy to prove the falsehood of your statement:

Lions and alligators can not type this stuf.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: it took million of years of evolutionary development based on eating concentrated protein (dead critters) to get humans to a point where we can type this stuff.

Only because they don't have good internet connections ???? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

You didn't fare well in your logic classes way back, did you?