Change Visa and Location

Hello,

I'd like to quit working, change my visa from work to retirement and move to another province. Should I change the visa where I live currently and the report the new address in the new province? Or some other version of crazy, I mean immigration procedure...

Thank you...

You will not change your visa.

You will only be changing the reason for your extension of stay from working to retirement.

Best to do the change before moving since you will need to have your current extension canceled before you can apply the new extension.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not change your visa.

You will only be changing the reason for your extension of stay from working to retirement.

Best to do the change before moving since you will need to have your current extension canceled before you can apply the new extension.

Thank you very much, Ubonjoe.

19 minutes ago, Lunchbob said:

Does anyone know if immigration will want information about my wor kpermit and its cancellation? I am switching my extension from work to retirement.

The will probably want that when you cancel your extension of stay based upon working before applying for the extension based upon retirement.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:31 AM, ubonjoe said:

The will probably want that when you cancel your extension of stay based upon working before applying for the extension based upon retirement.

Update: finished changing the extension from work to a 1 year retirement. No major issues except the bank did not print the correct bank statement showing the months, etc...So, a trip back. No surprise.

Next step is moving to Hua Hin. As far as I know the last hurdle is to visit Hua Hin immigration with my lease and report the new address.

Fingers crossed.

Archived