The "Nomad Capitalist" (who targets people richer than you) disses Thailand as overrated for expats

• Jingthing changed the title to The "Nomad Capitalist" (who targets people richer than you) disses Thailand as overrated for expats
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 100 million+ usd allows me to live in any country I choose. I chose to come here for the near death experiences on a daily basis, on my overly swanky yamaha filano.

According to Boston Consulting there were only 15000 households in the world with net worth >  $100 millions USD in 2013. From them "Nomads" are probably less than the number of your fingers, and o

Agree 100%. His comments are purely his personal opinion. He is entitled to his closeted opinion but so is everybody else. Lastly, as most of us know, there is a lot more to Thailand than simply Bangk

Haven't seen this one, but I've caught a few of his other videos.  There is another one where he points out the "Thailand is cheap" myth and talks a bit about how the strong baht will eat away at your lifestyle compared to other countries in the region.  There is nothing in that video or this one that I would argue with, but pretty interesting that he points this out considering his target audience is people with 7-8 figure net worth.

• Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm no shill for the nomad guy but I do enjoy some of his videos and his business isn't about youtube per se offering custom services to international entrepreneurs mainly seeking escape from high taxation in first world countries. Not the most morally defensible niche but he walks the walk as he gave up his US citizenship. His particular brand is suggesting people set up bases in multiple countries to avoid living in any long enough to be a tax resident. His favorite country appears to be Malaysia but in recent years has become bullish on Colombia.

The Colombian crime rate is nothing to write home about, and I suspect along with many other Latin American countries kidnapping of rich people is well up on the menu.

It's pretty simple to avoid taxes anywhere on the planet. Don't have any income, and live off accumulated capital.

While it's possible to  have sex with women in Malaysia, in a predominantly Muslim country it's not something one can do without a potential tap on the shoulder.

Is this guy a eunuch?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The Colombian crime rate is nothing to write home about, and I suspect along with many other Latin American countries kidnapping of rich people is well up on the menu.

It's pretty simple to avoid taxes anywhere on the planet. Don't have any income, and live off accumulated capital.

While it's possible to  have sex with women in Malaysia, in a predominantly Muslim country it's not something one can do without a potential tap on the shoulder.

Is this guy a eunuch?

He's married. 

• Like 2