PM 2.5 Air Purifier Recommendation

I know you are asking for an electronic equipment for enclosed rooms, but because I live in a house without glass windows (just wood shutters, mosquito nets) I have just bought hepa filter sheets, which can be placed behind floor/wall fans, on mosquito nets.

Those sheets can be used in air conditioners, also as replacements in air purifies.

They are cheap, some 80b/m2. Suppose to be changed, at least, monthly, when they get dirty.

Probably they are not hepa, as claimed.

cheap hepa filters

I have been using Hatari AP-12 for many years (and an earlier model before) and they work well - run 24 hours a day and change filter every six months (clean about every month).  PPM inside stays under 10 even on worst days.  And very important you can obtain replacement filters as it is a local made unit.

https://www.hatari.co.th/airpurifier/f2030270set

Edited by lopburi3
Correct PPM rather than AQI
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, spidermike007 said:

I bought the Xiaomi Air purifier pro. Under 6,000 baht. It works well, and can be paired with a smartphone app, which allows you to adjust the fan speed setting. Filter lasts 4-6 months, and the replacement filter is 700 baht or so, which is cheap. And both the air filter and the replacement filter can be found on Lazada. Buy only the global version, as the other is all Chinese characters, and no option to change it, from what I hear. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/0-xiaomi-mi-air-purifier-pro-global-version-1-i277251229-s443232345.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.5.9f46746bDUOX3K&search=1

I also have a Samsung air filter. It works well, but the replacement filter is 3500 baht, and nearly impossible to get. I found a genetic filter, and ordered it from Communist China (LOL), and it cost 1500 baht, and took a month to arrive. 

xiaomi-mi-air-purifier-3h-.jpg

I also am very satisfied with the Xiaomi air purifiers.  If buying, pay attention to the effectiveness per sq./m.  The units pictured are good for about 40-50 sq/m rooms.  I have a large 65 sq/m studio and use two units, one on each end of the apartment.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2021 at 11:45 AM, dddave said:

I also am very satisfied with the Xiaomi air purifiers.  If buying, pay attention to the effectiveness per sq./m.  The units pictured are good for about 40-50 sq/m rooms.  I have a large 65 sq/m studio and use two units, one on each end of the apartment.

I have Xiaomi 3H and it struggles with a 40sqm rooms. Today when outside PM2.5 (not AQI) is 120 its capable to reduce to 30-40 which is still not really healty (max average in one day should be below 20).

cheers!

3 minutes ago, dadadede said:

I have Xiaomi 3H and it struggles with a 40sqm rooms. Today when outside PM2.5 (not AQI) is 120 its capable to reduce to 30-40 which is still not really healty (max average in one day should be below 20).

cheers!

Change mode to "heart" and it'll bring it down. Either in app or on the touchscreen.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, dadadede said:

cheers!

When pollution is clearly visible, I run both my Xiaomi Air purifiers (1: 2H, 1: 3H) at full fan speed and I usually get readings between high teens & low 20's. 

All 4 walls of my apartment are exposed to outside air and outside doors are not particularly tight so there is a lot of ongoing air leakage, especially on windy days. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, spidermike007 said:

Buy only the global version, as the other is all Chinese characters

No problem using a chinese unit, there is not much to understand, most infos use the standard symbols.

I'm using the Xiaomi 2S (once bought for 2700 THB or so, replace the filter before the burning season) on about 60 square meters, which is over what the unit is advertised for, but here at my place it works ok. If your windows let more air through it might not work as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I am in doubt on what to buy, my living room is quite big, almost 100M2 and then there are the bedroom upstairs, 2 in use.

a small unit for each room and multiple for the living area. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I am in doubt on what to buy, my living room is quite big, almost 100M2 and then there are the bedroom upstairs, 2 in use.

So you may need 4, one each end of the big room and one in each bedroom. They are so quiet you would hardly notice them. 

• Like 1

The Xiaomi Chinese version works with the English app. It has a massive advantage over the international, you can program it to go into full blast mode when the AQI level goes over a certain threshold, go into quiet if AQI is good, etc.

However you have to change the region of the app to China, and it won’t work with international models. Because of this I only use the Chinese versions at home (I have 3).

We use the Xiamoi units, also.  No problems.  We keep one running 24/7 on the low sleep setting because it shows a reading for air quality, temperature and humidity.

We really should close up the windows and doors and run the aircon and units, according the readings the units has given the past couple weeks -- 25 - 40, but the temperature and humidity is still low in Chiang Mai and I enjoy having the windows/doors opened (with screens) and listening to the activity on the streets below our condo and smelling the odors of cooking.  Only get to do it a few months of the year so it's a novelty.

So far, no signs of distress from Hubby, me or the cats (they really enjoy viewing, listening and smelling the life on the street) so I guess we'll put up with the bad air for a little longer.  

• Like 1

I just received the 2 Mi 3C units.

I am surprised when plugging them in (one in the living room and one in my office next to the living room) that they both only shows 9 and dropped to 6 now (PM2.5 value) after app 30min running. Doors open to outside in the living room, door to the office/living room open but sliding door from office to garden closed. I am in Pattaya and according to the Air Visual app it's 77 currently?

I wrote earlier that 3C is a newer version of 3H, but the truth is that 3C is a bit more quiet and have slightly less capacity, so 3C is good for bedrooms and 3H for living rooms (2 units in larger rooms).

IMG_20210125_121545.jpg

IMG_20210125_121458.jpg

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 5:33 PM, up-country_sinclair said:

As I think everyone would agree,

No. Quite happy.

According to tech BS it is supposed to be unhealthy today but it appears normal to me. It is a bit more humid than it was yesterday but the breeze is still here, the birds are still singing, the sun is still shinning, and the palms are still swaying.

56 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I just received the 2 Mi 3C units.

I am surprised when plugging them in (one in the living room and one in my office next to the living room) that they both only shows 9 and dropped to 6 now (PM2.5 value) after app 30min running. Doors open to outside in the living room, door to the office/living room open but sliding door from office to garden closed. I am in Pattaya and according to the Air Visual app it's 77 currently?

your xioami air purifier shows the pm2.5 in µg/m3.

air visual app shows the air quality (pm2.5) as AQI.

https://www.airnow.gov/aqi/aqi-calculator/

I just bought the Xiaomi 3H. It's great. Right away a big difference in air quality.

This is the original Xiaomi shop. I chose that one to be sure about quality and possible warranty.

Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier pro เครื่องฟอกอากาศ กรองฝุ่น PM 2.5 ฟอกมลพิษ กรองฝุ่น กรองอากาศเชื่อโรคต่างๆ เครื่องฟอกอากาศที่เป็นมิตรต่อสิ่ง | Lazada.co.th

I have it running mostly on the 2nd highest fan speed. That is not super quiet but it's a background noise which is not annoying so no problem.

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The Hatari units have an ionizer and believe others also have.  Although for 60sm might be best to have two if you need to keep  PM2.5 levels below 10 - 60sm unit would be total overkill for BR.

I checked the Hatari link in this thread and it says out of stock. 

Although a big unit will be an overkill for the BR, I guess it's better than underpower and will be able to keep the room clean at the lowest power settings, so not a bad thing (I think...)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Could someone kindly tell me the current price of the xiaomi 3H, just to save me having to Unnecessarily download the Lazada app, thanks.

3900-7500 on Lazada quick check.

Seem to start at 2900 on Shopee.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Could someone kindly tell me the current price of the xiaomi 3H, just to save me having to Unnecessarily download the Lazada app, thanks.

I bought it from the original Xiaomi shop at Lazada a few days ago.

Now the price for the 3H in that shop is 4,699 THB.

• Like 1