Jump to content

Two questions re return to Thailand


Recommended Posts

EU national, with previous "non-imm O" over several consecutive years, last of which recently expired.  CW is my immig office.

 

1.  If arriving now under visa exempt, and given quarantine requirement, is it possible to extend the overall stay beyond 45 days without applying for a visa?

 

2.  Also, if I want to apply for the 90 day non-O visa + extension to stay based on retirement retirement, can I continue to use the THB 800 k I have maintained in my Thai bank for the past several years (ie  without the need to demonstrate again that this came from abroad)?

 

thanks, Al

Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it is worth, which is not much these days, I have been getting retirement extensions for the last 3 or 4 years with 800 KB in bank, and never any questions as to where the money has come from.  I make a special point of keeping one bank account, with Kasikorn bank, with over 800 KB at all times.  occasionally top it up with money sent from UK.  never heard of this requirement for overseas source before.  In fact all the money in my Thai account has come from overseas, but I have never had to verify this to Immigration.  I have used CW, Chiang Rai, Mae Sai, and Phayao Immigration for visa extensions.  Everythign apears to depend on the whim of the relevant I/O

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Robin said:

For what it is worth, which is not much these days, I have been getting retirement extensions for the last 3 or 4 years with 800 KB in bank, and never any questions as to where the money has come from.  I make a special point of keeping one bank account, with Kasikorn bank, with over 800 KB at all times.  occasionally top it up with money sent from UK.  never heard of this requirement for overseas source before.  In fact all the money in my Thai account has come from overseas, but I have never had to verify this to Immigration.  I have used CW, Chiang Rai, Mae Sai, and Phayao Immigration for visa extensions.  Everythign apears to depend on the whim of the relevant I/O

He does not need to show that the 800k came from overseas for extensions. However does need to show came from o/s for his non O retirement. 

OP as for obtaining more time you could try for a 60 day covid extension or obtain a 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry. BTW that entry should be 45days permit to stay.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

However does need to show came from o/s for his non O retirement. 

If he has had the 800k bank in the bank for a considerable period of time most offices will accept it. The proof it came from overseas is in the requirements due there not being any amount of time for the 800k to be in the bank.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the responses.

 

One final question:  When following the "90 day O visa + extension of stay for retirement" route, is it correct that the extension of stay cannot be requested before the final 30 days of the O visa? 

 

Al

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlGoRhythm said:

Thank you for the responses.

 

One final question:  When following the "90 day O visa + extension of stay for retirement" route, is it correct that the extension of stay cannot be requested before the final 30 days of the O visa? 

 

Al

It's 30 at some immigration offices and 45 at some. eg CW Bangkok.

In some cases a request can be made to apply for earlier time to apply for extension however would need a reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...