Building a good kitchen

Saraburi121

22 hours ago, Susco said:

I have 6 heaters here, for kitchen and bathrooms, I have never switched on any of them in the past 8 years lol.

Conversely, I installed an air source heat pump as part of my renovation and have hot water at all taps and showers. I wash up with hot water, the wife uses cold ????. She also reckons she still has cold showers but I know she's bending the truth a little there - the thermo setting is always left on 'warm' when she's been in there ????.

Edited by KhaoYai

17 minutes ago, Monkeypants said:

This is ours, not a good pic, but gives you an idea 

0E84BB72-47A7-47FD-8A1D-C7EAC92A9D28.jpeg

Very nice!  We live on a dirt road with farm land all around, too much dust and it literally snows black flakes when they start burning sugar cane.  Love the concept of an outdoor kitchen but just not doable here.  Wife and I discussed it again it just won’t work.  

6 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

Very nice!  We live on a dirt road with farm land all around, too much dust and it literally snows black flakes when they start burning sugar cane.  Love the concept of an outdoor kitchen but just not doable here.  Wife and I discussed it again it just won’t work.  

We have the same situation, SWMBO decided on both indoor and outdoor,

• 5 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 7:56 PM, Monkeypants said:

This is ours, not a good pic, but gives you an idea 

0E84BB72-47A7-47FD-8A1D-C7EAC92A9D28.jpeg

Used this pic for an idea for our outdoor kitchen which I was initially against due to dirt.  Made it easy to clean with stainless counter top and porcelain  deck tile.  Much appreciated for the idea this picture spawned. Not quite as big and put in solar lights with no outlets outside. Had a team from Pak Chong do the stainless steel countertop and bought a grill from a gentlemen who makes some fantastic products in Udon Thani.   Wood table was from a local OTOP for 7K.  Even made a spot for the thai style grill that gets used a lot and you don't have to squat now.  Put a gas stovetop under stainless cover.  Bought a water filter from Lazada to keep some of the limestone out, seems to make a difference in the water straight from the well.  Just use to wash hands and dishes.  Put some Beger A104 shellac over the tile on the cabinet walls water just rolls off of it.  Reapplied A104 on our stone walls as well, nasty stuff scorpions come out dazed and bugs just fall out dead.  Used a good quality respirator to apply. It started raining when we were cleaning up when I took one of the pictures so it looks wet which is just from cleaning.  The guy that did the floor tile did a great job on slopes to get maximum drainage, it almost self cleans when it rains.  Just mop up in under the roofed part. 

Still working on plans with a company from Korat on the indoor kitchen, COVID put a halt for a while on that project.  The outdoor kitchen was done by myself and a real stand up professional who works local...hard to find and he is booked months in advance. 

Just want to say thanks for all the input it really helped shape our ideas!

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1321.jpeg

IMG_1213.jpeg

IMG_1326.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1