What did you do, Sangsom?

8 hours ago, Bangyai said:

Sangsom = for proofs

Lao Khao = for men ( until premature death )

No self respecting rural peasant would drink Sang Som unless it was given away free with a bottle of coke.

I have just finish a bottle of small Lao Khao and bitter lemon and am about to tackle wifey with back turned under the sheets.

Who will benefit from this remains to be seen.

TMI

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Another sanctimonious teetotaller !!! - someones been drinking the same Kool-Ade and is suffering from localised ‘Stockholm syndrome’ with their ‘good guys in, bad guys out’... 'another quality tourist' comment !!!  :whistling:

Kool Aid and Sangsom. 
Worth a try. It can go on my top shelf.

I like the 5 year, a more robust taste and flavor than the regular which I suspect is just alcohol with a bit of flavor added. But have stopped drinking this stuff as it will mess up your stomach over time. Do not be a cheap charlie it only cost 100 percent more to go first class

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, Bangyai said:

Sangsom = for proofs

No self respecting rural peasant would drink Sang Som unless it was given away free with a bottle of coke.

I have just finish a bottle of small Lao Khao and bitter lemon and am about to tackle wifey with back turned under the sheets.

Enjoy it mate, nothing else or more to ad....????????

• Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 8:19 AM, Bangyai said:

Sangsom = for proofs

Your mia noi will benefit? 555

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

There is a nice rum at Makro from Charles House at only 195.-(sugar cane spirit) and it taste almost like Havana Club.  Cheers.

Thanks I never thought to try it. I get through a bottle of Sangsom a week, so it'll be nice to have a change! 

• Like 1

I buy the standard Sangsom by the case and enjoy it, price and quality OK for me, I prefer it to 100pipers and Red label, maybe influenced by drinking it daily for last ten years, a bottle lasts 2/3 days, I drink with plain water and ice

• Like 1

This was during the first big lockdown back in March. We had escaped to the folks' place up north. Ah, nothing like that fine, Scottish quality, brought to me by the Pied Pipers. I'd prefer Jameson or Jack, but I'm just a teacher.

When we head out to the farm the bros-in-law try getting me to do a few shots of Lao Khao. It can be described as thus:

1) Hits you like paint thinner.

2) Fruity aftertaste. Ah, maybe this ain't so bad. But then...

3) Terrible headache within seconds.

IMG_20200331_181042.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

The "5 Year" bit is the length of time that the rum was (supposedly) matured in a cask before being bottled and not the time from when it was bottled, if I am not mistaken.

No, you are not mistaken. As I said in the OP, I think the spirit in this bottle was matured in something else.

• Haha 1