What would be the purpose of a "vaccine passport"?

Trujillo

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

I think far more have lost their loved ones to the virus than to the jab.  Sadly....

I agree mine was a sad post as I believe the quote I used to also be a sad one and hope the Norway vaccine deaths are an anomaly as we don't need things to get worse.

"...when the vast majority of a population is vaccinated the spread of a virus will be reduced."

You better go back and read the article. 

There is NO evidence as yet that vaccinated people can't get the virus and pass it on. That's the point. 

Yes, if you are vaccinated and you get the virus, you stand a better chance of not having symptoms (ie, getting sick); however, there were no trials or studies to measure how much if any infectability or transmissibility is diminished from vaccination. 

Bottom line: Even those vaccinated may still be infectious. As of now, we just don't know. 

Interesting, and part of my point, is that no news outlet I am aware of is addressing this issue. People seem to assume that a vaccine stops the infection right then and there. That simply isn't true. Or at the very least, we don't know if it's true, partly true, or false. 

And while no one want to be sick, it's worth recalling that the survival rate for under 70-year-olds is 99.98 percent -- without vaccines. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Sorry for your loss,there are now reports of issues being raised in Norway who are investigating 23 deaths in elderly after being vaccinated who are now recommending caution when vaccinating.

This is v strange. Norway vaccinated 42k people, 29 die (~0.8/1000). Israel vaccinated ~2m people*, initially mostly over 60, 2 die** (0.001/1000 and they don't think those deaths are vaccine-related). That's a ~10,000-fold difference in death rates.

*0.65m by the time of that article, but I can't find reports of more recent deaths.

**Maybe four.

Edited by onebir
  • Like 1