Websites for condos/houses - what are the leading ones?

Bangkok Condo Rentals 

Relax 

HipFlat - but so many properties on that site are repeated and old. 

The issue with many of the agent websites is that they don’t know whats still available until you enquire, then they enquire of the owner only to find out it was rented out 6 months ago (owners never let the agent know when they’ve rented something out). 

Additionally - negotiations the rent is a double edged sword. You want to lower the rent from 50,000 to 40,000 baht - but you are going through the Agent, in effect dropping their cut as well (some agents get 1 month or 2 months rent for finding a customer ) thus, its in their interest to keep the rent higher while also attempting to secure your commitment. I’d much rather deal directly with an owner than through an agent when negotiating rent. 

As such Facebook Market Place is the best option: BUT, so many agents also post on their so when enquiring find out if the the Advert is posted by the owner or the sales (be very specific - many agents will lie about this to get you on the hook).

• Like 1

The reputable larger agencies will have updated properties.

Hipflat can be out of date with some listings.

I personally would never deal directly with the owner.  Reports of scams, not taking care of repairs, not getting deposits back even here on TVF.  Is it worth saving a few bucks?

A reputable agent is a professional buffer to help alleviate these issues.

Facebook marketplace has has issues with fraud.  Search it for yourself to see.

People renting properties they do not even own.

This is from an online tech site:

Facebook itself is no stranger to scammers, spammers, and cat-fishers. There's almost an industry built just on scamming Facebook users. It's no wonder that they've moved on to prey upon those using Facebook Marketplace

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Facebook marketplace is best, the problem with other websites incl bahtsold is ads can be quite old, even years, some aren't even removed once sold 

Yep, Facebook Marketplace. Hands down. I don’t even have Facebook, but I do have a dummy/throwaway account to browse Marketplace. 

Loads of agent “groups” and individual sellers and renters. 

The websites suck. The entirety of Thailand uses FB