Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) for Desktop PC

Tuvoc

14 hours ago, Susco said:

Fibre can travel many kilometers if properly installed, in contrast to VDSL which is about 1000 meter, and probably less in Thailand

The distribution panel for my 3bb fibre is about 3km away, and is on a different transformer as house.

So losing electricity at my house doesn't affect my internet, but if the power goes off in the area where the panel is, I lose internet even if I have power

Why do some think that because of their situation it will be exactly the same for everyone else.

"Fibre can travel many kilometers if properly installed" 

Are you really trying to tell us that when a company will not install fiber because you are more than 200 metres from the box they have got it wrong? We had to have 3BB as it was the only box near enough the house.

Reality is what counts, not the theory.

15 hours ago, MAF666 said:

A standard rice cooker cable is what you need. Widely available for ~100thb 

Funnily enough I just spotted the rice cooker cable, and yes it looks exactly the same connector as a PSU, and with an earthed 3-pin plug !!

Anyway I paid 95 baht for this one:

สายไฟ AC คอมพิวเตอร์ แบบดี เส้นใหญ่ ( Power Extension Cord US 3-Pin Power Supply Lead Extension Cable ) สำหรับ Desktop PC , Computer , Monitor , Printer ,TV (1.0mmx3) ยาว 3M ( 3 เมตร ) | Lazada.co.th

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Why do some think that because of their situation it will be exactly the same for everyone else.

You don't say. Weren't these YOUR exact words?

If you are on fiber then the box will be fairly close, when they did mine the engineer said within 200 metres, and I know mine is only about 100 metres away,

So you indicate that for EVERYONE on Fibre the box is within 200 meters.

Now just for your information. True online guarantees 2000 meter from the box. I know because I asked them, and their box within that distance was fully occupied, and the other was over that distance

My 3BB box is 3 kilometer, with my optical power at -21.6 dBm, and when TOT installed Fibre at my home, their box is located about 200 meter from the 3BB box.