Phuket Retirement Extension

I will be going down to Phuket immigration next week to do my Non O , 12 Month extension based on retirement ( will be my 13th retirement extension).

I use the 800,000 in the bank method , I  just wondered if anyone has recently done there's at Phuket  , and is there anything new there asking for ?.

Last year it was 

1. Bank letter

2. Copy of all pages in my updated bank book.

3. Copy off passport and all previous retirement extension stamps , copy off my last entry stamp (2015) and copy off the original Non O in my case it was in 2008  copy of TM 47 entry card.

4. Photo of me standing outside my house showing house number.

5. Filled out TM 7 extension form

Anything else ? , I read somewhere a few months back that they now require a 12 month bank statement but my bank branch informed me they can only do a 6 month statement.

Kind Regards if anyone can add anything else I may need please

6 hours ago, Brick Top said:

I read somewhere a few months back that they now require a 12 month bank statement but my bank branch informed me they can only do a 6 month statement.

Your branch can request a 12 month statement...but usually takes up to a week as it has to be done from headquarters. 

A list of required documents are here on the Phuket immigrations volunteers website.

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

Since you have apparently have gotten a new passport since you got a non-o visa it states that you provide a copy of the stamp they did your passport with info about your non-o visa and old passport when you had your stamps transferred.

You will need a 12 month bank statement.  Bangkok Bank has to request one from Bangkok main branch and it takes about a week.  The statement balance does not have to match the letter balance or the book balance if you have activity during that  week.  I  asked immigration about that last year.

1.  12 month  bank statement - requested 1 week prior

2.  Letter from the bank the day before you go in showing your balance

3.  Copy of your passbook showing the balance same as your letter.

bring your passbook.  They didn't ask me  to see it last year, but they did ask my neighbor and he had to go home and get it.

Actually, I'm going next month and I have a question. 

Do I have to bring a copy of my lease agreement?  I've been in the same place for 6 years and I always get a new one signed and bring it and they usually throw it away.    It's one less thing for me to do, but I don''t mind doing it if I have to.

Thank you for your answer. & I hope this helps.

Just a side note: I just read the link Ubon Joe put up.   It looks like Phuket immigration made the combo method more complicated  than last year.  I did the combo method last year without the stated income letter from the US embassy for the first time.  It was a big pain in the butt and lots of extra paperwork.  The guys in room 103 had a hard time adding it up.   So I finally caved in and put the rest of the 800,000 in the account so it would be seamless.  If you can avoid the combo method I would recommend not doing it.  Just my opinion, though. 

56 minutes ago, tonray said:

Your branch can request a 12 month statement...but usually takes up to a week as it has to be done from headquarters. 

Then go to your bank after 6 months and get one statement, then go after 12 for the other. Easy.

15 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

Just a side note: I just read the link Ubon Joe put up.   It looks like Phuket immigration made the combo method more complicated  than last year.  I did the combo method last year without the stated income letter from the US embassy for the first time.  It was a big pain in the butt and lots of extra paperwork.  The guys in room 103 had a hard time adding it up.   So I finally caved in and put the rest of the 800,000 in the account so it would be seamless.  If you can avoid the combo method I would recommend not doing it.  Just my opinion, though. 

No problem with Combo method at Phitsanulok. 50k per month plus 250k in the bank....done.

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

No problem with Combo method at Phitsanulok. 50k per month plus 250k in the bank....done

That's great for you.  Congratulations!   I just read the link Ubon Joe sent and to summarize (below - there's more if you want to look at the link).   I don't know exactly how much I had in the bank last year, but it definitely was less than 400,000 baht each month for 12 months.  Probably more in line what you have.  They changed the rules as of Nov. 2020.  Surprise!   That is why I am glad I'm going with the straight 800,000.   Not what I wanted to do, but less stress this year for me!  That is what I meant for Phuketians, maybe not for all provinces. 

( PHUKET SPECIFIC AS OF NOV 2020)

People without the embassy  income certificate can still use the combination option but they need to keep at least 400.000 Baht in their bank account for the whole year.
They have to prove that the remaining balance to reach the 800.000 Baht is transferred from overseas to their Thai bank account on a monthly basis with proof of each monthly international transfer.
National Pension certificates from UK, USA, Australia are NOT recognized as income proof WITHOUT a certificate from the respective embassy / consulate

11 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Note to Self : move my 800k from Bangkok Bank to another Bank that can print out an annual statement themselves !

If you don't do any other banking there, then that is a good idea.  We have 5 accounts there.  My social security account, my wife's social security account, regular savings account, day-to-day account and my retirement visa account.   Going to another bank to open another account would be a pain.   I just go in one week before extension and then go back and pick up statement and get the letter.  Two trips.  Not that hard and do a little shopping while I'm at the mall.  ????

Agreed LiviningNThailand it's not that hard but for various reasons over time I've got accounts at SCB and Krungsri which will provide a statement within a few minutes. Why use a Bank with a stupid rule like cant print a statement if I dont have to ! This is the first year I've used my "spare" BangkokBank account to store 800k untouched all year round.

Also slightly concerned immigration (one day/year) will cause problems with the 1 week old statement ....

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 6:28 AM, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Also slightly concerned immigration (one day/year) will cause problems with the 1 week old statement ....

Hey, I just saw this.  Having trouble getting ThaiVisa on my computer ?

Anyway, Last year I had the same concerns and made a special trip to Phuket immigration.  They told me the statement did not have to be same day as letter.  They are aware that Bangkok Bank can't do the one year statement the same day.  They know Bangkok Bank is used by a lot of Americans because of the Social Security agreement.

It's too bad Bangkok Bank is so antiquated, but I don't expect them to change their computer system to make some Americans happy, do you?

3 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Hey, I just saw this.  Having trouble getting ThaiVisa on my computer ?

Anyway, Last year I had the same concerns and made a special trip to Phuket immigration.  They told me the statement did not have to be same day as letter.  They are aware that Bangkok Bank can't do the one year statement the same day.  They know Bangkok Bank is used by a lot of Americans because of the Social Security agreement.

It's too bad Bangkok Bank is so antiquated, but I don't expect them to change their computer system to make some Americans happy, do you?

Hope your Computer is feeling better !

Nope I dont expect m(any) Thai institutions changing for Aliens.

Still think I might move my 800k  bank account to one of my other Banks though, as it's a one off 15 min visit...

1 hour ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Still think I might move my 800k  bank account to one of my other Banks though, as it's a one off 15 min visit...

Probably a good idea if it bothers you.  Less things to think about. 

Just a suggestion.  Open a new account for your 800 thb a month or so before your extension and then the day of the extension move all your money.  That way you will have a full year in the bank for next year.  I have my 800 THB account in BB Bangkok branch from years ago.  What I'm planning on doing is opening yet another account here in phuket with internet banking and the day I get my extension in March immediately transfer the money from BKK to Phuket.   That way I have a full year in the new account.  It may be overkill.  I still have to get the statement from Bangkok, but somehow I like the idea of the money in one bank.   The way BB is set up, if anything goes wrong with the Bangkok account I'm supposed to go to Bangkok to straighten it out.  Antiquated system, but that's the way it's set up.

6 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

Before you move your account, perhaps a good idea to check how they code foreign transfers. Like BBL calls them FTT (or something similar), so it is clear that any monies transferred from o/s can be proven to be such. Some banks don't do this, apparently.

Good Idea.  I didn't think of that.   I guess it's a matter of what we can put up with.  Our threshold of pain, sort to speak.

On 1/17/2021 at 9:12 AM, tonray said:

In hindsight yes...but only if you thought of it before your appointment week.

Print outs from download monthly statements should in a normal world be accepted...  in any case from what I understand the bank letter is confirming all ..

how many different proofs does one need.... jeez

On 1/17/2021 at 8:15 AM, LivingNThailand said:

You will need a 12 month bank statement.  Bangkok Bank has to request one from Bangkok main branch and it takes about a week.  The statement balance does not have to match the letter balance or the book balance if you have activity during that  week.  I  asked immigration about that last year.

bring your passbook.  They didn't ask me  to see it last year, but they did ask my neighbor and he had to go home and get it.

Do I have to bring a copy of my lease agreement?  I've been in the same place for 6 years and I always get a new one signed and bring it and they usually throw it away.    It's one less thing for me to do, but I don''t mind doing it if I have to.

Hi , I did the extension on the 19 January , they did not require a 12 month bank statement. 

I therefore ordered a 6 month bank statement from my Krungsri banking app and it was emailed to me in about 1 minute.

I then printed it out and they had no problem with that.

Sorry I cant answer your lease inquiry as I myself live in a villa I bought 16 years ago.

Regards

51 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Print outs from download monthly statements should in a normal world be accepted...  in any case from what I understand the bank letter is confirming all ..

how many different proofs does one need.... jeez

Thai Immigration is hardly a normal world unfortunately. I offered to log into my banking app in front of them..no..must have statement. In addition, they took my bankbook down to the ATM machine outside to perform an update just to in case I was counterfeiting all the docs I gave them. Never can be too cautious with us devious farang..

On 1/17/2021 at 8:15 AM, LivingNThailand said:

I did mine last March and they were satisfied with a three month bank statement.

Also need hand-drawn map of where you live and TM2 to be added to the list above.

Just now, LivingNThailand said:

I guess it depends on where you live as far as the bank statement.  I just don't want to be told to do something else and come back.  I did that once.  Do not want to repeat.

So, what do we have best so far....   a recent report far north demanding a 12 month statement which is more of a run around or go off last MArch.. nearly a year ago... I did mine last Mar as well..

letter bank and only 3 month statement or even shorter.. which by the way they angrily discovered I was 3 days early in bank fund time, to which I replied I come back next week or when I enjoy the area again..

so this is getting annoying..  SCD wont answer phone, even if they do they wont know or tell me fibs....  think easier to wing it...

22 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

I did mine last March and they were satisfied with a three month bank statement.

Also need hand-drawn map of where you live and TM2 to be added to the list above.

I have actually done the extension now on 19 Jan , there was No requirement for a 12 month bank statement

5 hours ago, Brick Top said:

I have actually done the extension now on 19 Jan , there was No requirement for a 12 month bank statement

Thanks guys... and the silly photo of standing outside...... should be added... been asked to provide last 2 ext's ..

Archived