Provincial Rules for COVID Confusion

Saraburi121

I too was 'condemned' to 14 days quarantine after visiting Bangkok a few days ago. 5 hours nonstop  drive there, 2 hours at the embassy and 5 hours back. The village health volunteer is our neighbour and we don't want to get her into trouble but you give me the idea of contacting the local health authorities, which I will. 

We got so much conflicting and constantly changing 'information' before we went that instead of cancelling the appointment or asking local authorities we just WENT. Saw a checkpoint on the other side of the road stopping all vehicles, huge tailback, but didn't go through any ourselves. And of course, very little traffic, I swore less than usual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMO: Best never to mention anything as to where you've been or come from. Just do the right thing yourselves and keep safe. Once you broadcast to the local villagers you might as well put an "unclean" sign on your property and your backs.

I returned from UK and transited via Seoul airport on 11th March 2020 as they were having a Covid flare up (plane was packed with Phi Noi - little ghosts - fleeing South Korea). The comments from my building manager about Covid were unnecessary.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

IMO: Best never to mention anything as to where you've been or come from. Just do the right thing yourselves and keep safe. Once you broadcast to the local villagers you might as well put an "unclean" sign on your property and your backs.

I returned from UK and transited via Seoul airport on 11th March 2020 as they were having a Covid flare up (plane was packed with Phi Noi - little ghosts - fleeing South Korea). The comments from my building manager about Covid were unnecessary.

I live in a very small village so there are no secrets here lol.  Funny though the local govt official had a huge New Years party with people from all over attending, pictures were all over Facebook. I try to do what is right but from now on I will determine what is right not the local  officials.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saraburi121 said:

I live in a very small village so there are no secrets here lol.  Funny though the local govt official had a huge New Years party with people from all over attending, pictures were all over Facebook. I try to do what is right but from now on I will determine what is right not the local  officials.  

I should have considered that. In my ex's village just about everyone was a relative and knew each other's business. I guess in your case it would be hard to avoid the villagers nowing your movements. Just like in the UK, officials have to be seen to be doing "something". No matter what it is.