Arrive on TR change to Non O

Use the money in bank method.

You do not need agent for this. The first step is to open a Thai bank account if you don't have one already.

The 800k needs to be in Thai bank on day you apply for non O. Also needs evidence the money came from o/s. Easy.

That gives you 90 days and during that time (eg last 30 days) obtain annual extension.

As for agents use a well know one. Plenty in Bangkok, Pattaya etc however you can easily do it yourself. If you don't want/cant put money in the bank the agent with the extension will cost ~ 25k. Up to you.

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Use the money in bank method.

You do not need agent for this. The first step is to open a Thai bank account if you don't have one already.

The 800k needs to be in Thai bank on day you apply for non O. Also needs evidence the money came from o/s. Easy.

That gives you 90 days and during that time (eg last 30 days) obtain annual extension.

As for agents use a well know one. Plenty in Bangkok, Pattaya etc however you can easily do it yourself. If you don't want/cant put money in the bank the agent with the extension will cost ~ 25k. Up to you.

Thanks, yes can transfer the 800k, dont feel comfortable applying myself for visa though,   im not too good with that stuff, when extended before used agent next to immigration Jomtien to fill in forms for me

3 hours ago, jimmyp1970 said:

Thanks, yes can transfer the 800k, dont feel comfortable applying myself for visa though,   im not too good with that stuff, when extended before used agent next to immigration Jomtien to fill in forms for me

That's fine. There are 2 agent services. One is where you cannot meet requirements.

In your case could be not able to show 800k in bank.

That would require payment of what I indicated above. Perhaps 25k 

The other service is where you just don't wish to deal with immigration and want agent to assist you. That is completely understandable and would not be expensive. You would still attend immigration but basically they guide you through the process.

I suggest you chat with agent where you plan to apply for extension.

Pattaya has some good agents. It's not filling out the forms, it's more having bank letter etc etc.

14 minutes ago, fishtank said:

You really do not need an expensive agent.

Simple to do yourself.

Go and ask Immigration for help.

usually helpful and friendly.

Expensive is relative. He can provide money in bank. What is the cost of agent do 90 day report or assist with extension. I suggest it's minor as indicated by many folk using agent even though they satisfy the requirements.

The OP has clearly stated he is not comfortable dealing with the 'process'. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That's fine. There are 2 agent services. One is where you cannot meet requirements.

In your case could be not able to show 800k in bank.

That would require payment of what I indicated above. Perhaps 25k 

The other service is where you just don't wish to deal with immigration and want agent to assist you. That is completely understandable and would not be expensive. You would still attend immigration but basically they guide you through the process.

I suggest you chat with agent where you plan to apply for extension.

Pattaya has some good agents. It's not filling out the forms, it's more having bank letter etc etc.

This is exactly what im looking for,  form filling out.    Appreciate answer 

Archived