Is it what people call good Thai food ? What do you think about this dish ?

l4ml4m

Is it what people call good Thai food ? What do you think about this dish ?

Hi,

Number one reason why I do not eat Thai food at restaurants anymore: Thai do not know how to cook healthy food !

I am sure that many of you will come with usual bla bla bla, but this is the Thai food that Thai usually cook, even at restaurants that get good reviews.

This dish should taste tomato but it tasted only oil ! I would not give this food even to my dog !

So boring that most people here have no idea about how to cook healthy Thai food.

But maybe you know a good restaurant that cooks healthy Thai food if it is really possible ? (I would consider this one healthy if it had only 10% of oil and if they knew that Chicken with cashew should have cashews and tomato sauce...)

1957660055_2021-01-1621_02_20.jpg.19c991d9a290e9bcf7e1c851da75ae4e.jpg24649230_2021-01-1620_52_44.jpg.ce033cf2b67e4527d69bc6aaabb8bcf7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It really depends on the quality of the cook and restaurant. One of my favorite Thai dishes is pad siew gai.

I eat at a restaurant in Chiang Rai regularly, they don't even bother to ask for my order anymore because they know what I want.

OTOH, there's another restaurant in Chiang Rai that had pad siew gai swimming in so much oil it was inedible.

Never been back, tucker f##kers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

1. This dish should taste tomato but it tasted only oil ! I would not give this food even to my dog !

2. So boring that most people here have no idea about how to cook healthy Thai food.

3.  But maybe you know a good restaurant that cooks healthy Thai food if it is really possible ?

1. It wasn't cooked properly obviously.

2. I agree that's why we only go to places we know the cook knows how to cook.

3. Out the numerous restaurants we have in our village and in our nearby City I can only count on one hand where we would eat.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

My wife makes me a killer tofu pad kra pao .  

i was waiting for this kind if bla bla bla...

I am so sure that all your farmer wives cook the most healthy food in the world and know exactly what means "healthy" ! By the way, they also all speak perfect English ! it's famous !

funny you...

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

So sorry to hear you are not eating out anymore. For me, and many others, it is one of the highlights of living here. Most of the restaurants I eat at make beautiful food. Fresh, and delicious. The ones who do not, I don't go back. It is a simple system.

Thais not only know how to make amazing food, they are blessed with the culinary gene, unlike most others. Thai people are the polar opposite of Cuban or Philippine people, with regard to their cooking skills, and their great instincts with regard to the preparation of food. And alot of the food is healthy. I typically order all of my means without pan chulott (MSG). 

You might want to step it up a notch. Perhaps you have set your sights too low, with regard to the caliber of restaurants you are choosing. There is some spectacular food here that I am incredibly thankful for!

issaya15.jpg

sabeinglae-restaurant-koh-samui-5-X3.jpg

Thai-Red-Curry-Chicken-1.jpg

thai-seafood-salad-592706510-58213dc55f9b581c0b1d9b3a.jpg

Thai+Food+Photo+Shoot-92.jpg

Warwick-Thai-Curry.jpg

d2.JPG

644dbace82bbea828e7781dce07f077c.jpg

Your food is full of oil, I would not eat there !

Thai-Red-Curry-Chicken-1.jpg

Edited by l4ml4m
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

You sound like a very grumpy old man who has one dish he eats and gets angry when it is not just like the one place he likes to eat it.  And thinks it has tomato sauce in it!!

Best stick to Kiss where the "ingredient keep in freeze all time" and "sent to any branch in the morning of the day".  I am sure Gordon Ramsey would be impressed were he lucky enough to sample the frozen goodness.

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 5.01.04 PM.png

During these covid days, it must be hard to have all fresh items daily if the restaurant has a few slow days. I would rather have a frozen item quickly defrosted than a fresh item which has been kept too long in fridge.

Like with many countries there is no such thing as Thai food. I am sure Thais in Chiang Mai and Thais in Hat Yai will prepare something with the same name in different ways - sometimes very different.

It's like when my gf eats somtam. She likes it from this and that person but not from those people. All are Thais, all prepare and sell food for years. And Thais from different regions of the county like different tastes.

One of my favorite Thai food places is San Sab in Terminal 21. Is that authentic Thai? I don't know. But I like it.

SanSab.png.73376d4ca3d76b4968ad2a160a7c0af3.png

• Like 1

OP, you sound pretty clueless when it comes to Thai food. That Peneng chicken and many other Thai dishes are made with coconut milk which is high in oil content..... No surprise as you think Kiss restaurant in Pattaya makes the best Thai food which they are known for as overpriced generic Thai food restaurant to any Thai local there.

• Like 2