Car repaint (same color) with as good quality as factory paint ? is it possible ?

hi,

everytime I see a car that has been repainted, the quality of the paint is far to be as good as the car paint after it comes from factory.

but do you know if it is really possible and how much it would cost ?

what do you think that they don't know how to do correctly here ? are they trying to save paint by using less ? are they using a clear coat after painting ?

do you have a good garage to recommend ?

Thank you.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

1.but do you know if it is really possible and how much it would cost ?

2.what do you think that they don't know how to do correctly here ?

3. are they trying to save paint by using less ?

4. are they using a clear coat after painting ?

5. do you have a good garage to recommend ?

My take.

1. Yes it is possible and prices vary and you need a respray workshop that is properly equipped.

2..The right workshop knows how.

3.  Maybe someone who does what they call a cheap blow over.

4.  If they don't use it it won't look right.

5.  Yes there one in New Sukhothai city.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You only see the poor quality jobs, you do not notice the high quality jobs, why would you?

I am driving german cars and i EXACTLY know what is a good job compared to a toyota paint...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

If you want some insight into a full, stripped to metal repaint job and the places I checked and the one place that did the work -- I can't mention that place here, but let's just say...well, send me a PM. 

why you can't mention here ? please post it, it will be useful for everybody !

thank you !

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Quite a lot of people on this Forum drive German cars, so you’re not alone!

If you compare the paint work on E Class to that on an S Class you would see quite some difference. 

From my observation, Toyota paint work has less orange peel than that on a Ford.

By the way, are you interested in re-sprays because you have crashed your German car 555

spec savers comes to mind

Of the paint on a Ford Range to the paint on a Ford GT500...

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Quite a lot of people on this Forum drive German cars, so you’re not alone!

If you compare the paint work on E Class to that on an S Class you would see quite some difference. 

From my observation, Toyota paint work has less orange peel than that on a Ford.

By the way, are you interested in re-sprays because you have crashed your German car 555

spec savers comes to mind

Thank you, I plan to respray because when you drive fast on Thai $hit roads, car has many small spots to repaint, but I anyway prefer to paint it all than just fix if price is correct. How much would you pay for a total repaint with the same color ? (white)

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, l4ml4m said:

the one who tells me to paint the car at the dealer, as if they were painting cars, tells me that I know nothing !

are you for real ?

My Toyota dealer, has a first class crash repair workshop with 2 state of the art spray booths. I have watched the unit at work, so yes, some dealers do body work....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PFMills said:

Something is not right here. I find it difficult to believe, that even driving in Thailand you get so many chips that you want to respray the whole car. 

Seems to me, that the guy either has a banger, or he’s just bored..

You can gather a lot of chips in 20 years........

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I doubt anyone who pays the extra tax tariff on a German car, or wants to pay out for a respray to deal with a few scratches wouldn't be too bothered about the cost of a paint job..

I think you should come clean and show us a picture of your shed......:cowboy:............????

pickup2.thumb.jpg.18e246c7d23354c429f5abe8195a4faf.jpg

Yes, the grey areas are from "chips"

• Haha 1

It seems the answer to this topic is yes you can get a good job done. But nobody seems to have told you where to go yet...To get that good job. 

It seems this topic has started to get into a little bit of bickering.

If I don’t see any helpful replies shortly I will close it, for the best I think.

• Like 2

"Factory paint " is paint from reputable companies such as ICI, Sikkens, PPG, Glasurit... This exact paint is also available to professional body shops. 

However, please note that many cheaper paint shops will use cheaper paint brands that will not stand the test of time.

Do not assume that dealers will produce better jobs especially in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1