U.S. state capitals, Washington on alert for possible pro-Trump armed protests

rooster59

52 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

If you are using the De- Nazification  programme in Western Germany after 1945 as an example (in Eastern Germany they really just cut certain badges off the uniforms and cracked on with things) I would suggest it is a parallel rather than a precedent. There are important differences. Germany in 1945 was prostrate. Comprehensively defeated, to a significant extent physically and economically ruined, disarmed, occupied by large allied armies and with a population who were overwhelmingly cowed and sick of war. The USA is very different. Trumps faction within the Republican Party, and within the general population is a very different matter. Yes, they have been defeated in an election, they control neither the Presidency, The Senate nor the House of Representatives, but they are still intact, and present in significant numbers. What is more they do not accept that defeat. Core elements of that faction are armed, and have spent much time  preparing and training for armed action. Because of the USA's involvement in wars over the last 15 years, wars in which much of the manpower has been drawn from National Guard and Reserve units, this means that there are a lot of people in the community with military experience. These people provide a significant threat which will last beyond next weeks inauguration, well beyond. They have broadcast media outlets and influential religious leaders, they have supporters in Congress. The attack on the Capitol was only the opening round in the campaign.

If they were prepared to chant and propose to "hang Mike Pence" last Wednesday, week, how do you think that they will react to a coloured, female and (by US standards) radical Vice President taking a leading role in implementing the Democrats policy agenda in coming months; and we can be sure that Mrs Harris is going to be much more "in the front rank" than has recently perhaps been the case with Vice Presidents.

I suspect that the next months or even couple of years will see incidents of (widespread) armed insurrection throughout the USA, it will require National Guard and Regular (Federal) troops to defeat and bring it under control. Only when it is comprehensively defeated can the process of ' de-trumpification" and "deprogramming" make any headway.

Such a campaign, mounted by armed groups operating from within a significant proportion of a divided population can be beaten, by an elected government adhering to the rule of law, but it takes time, patience, a willingness not to be deflected by casualties, and painstaking and thorough police work, along with a substantial military presence and much blood and treasure - Northern Ireland anyone?

It certainly isn't all going to be over by the end of the month!

If they were prepared to chant and propose to "hang Mike Pence" last Wednesday, week, how do you think that they will react to a coloured, female and (by US standards) radical Vice President taking a leading role in implementing the Democrats policy agenda in coming months;”

I’ll refer you to Rhett Butler for my response to that.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If they were prepared to chant and propose to "hang Mike Pence" last Wednesday, week, how do you think that they will react to a coloured, female and (by US standards) radical Vice President taking a leading role in implementing the Democrats policy agenda in coming months;”

I’ll refer you to Rhett Butler for my response to that.

I rather share that opinion. It will however have many "reaching for their gun".

If they are not, America needs to expect, and be prepared for this.

????I say protest all you want I don't really care who is doing it right or left in the middle, get a permit to do so if none still no problem as long as you are peaceful and follow the law.  You step outside of that start to loot and riot it is simple from there justice is blind and I say lock and load!

Nothing is going to happen as soon as this is over send all the troops all 25,000 plus to the border because the real problem (Caravan) is coming thanks Biden for telling the world you have no plans to enforce the borders!

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

IMO another Civil War could be starting in America. In the middle of a pandemic to boot, no less.

Trump is just an excuse for thugs posing as patriots to riot. They need to be sent home with a few bloody noses and broken heads. The wheels of justice grind too slowly.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

IMO another Civil War could be starting in America. In the middle of a pandemic to boot, no less.

Trump is just an excuse for thugs posing as patriots to riot. They need to be sent home with a few bloody noses and broken heads. The wheels of justice grind too slowly.

Like they did about the BLM/Antifa havoc?

Short or selective memory seems to be rife.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, tpazzi said:

There were 5 times as many arrests during the BLM protests in DC as there were during the Capital invasion.   

It seems a bit out of touch to suggest they occurred without any reaction from law enforcement or media.

How many photos of the BLM'ers did the FBI plaster all over the interweb asking for the public's help to identify them?  And how many did they track down to their home towns 2000 miles away in the first week?

Violence to achieve any political end is violence, and is unacceptable whether the victims of that violence are innocent shop owners or elected officials. 

Ya think some in the capitol riots would have had second thoughts if the authorities had come down harder and pursued the BLM protestors further than a few hundred meters?  If they had seen BLM rioters hunted down 2000 miles away?

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, impulse said:

How many photos of the BLM'ers did the FBI plaster all over the interweb asking for the public's help to identify them?  And how many did they track down to their home towns 2000 miles away in the first week?

Violence to achieve any political end is violence, and is unacceptable whether the victims of that violence are innocent shop owners or elected officials. 

Ya think some in the capitol riots would have had second thoughts if the authorities had come down harder and pursued the BLM protestors further than a few hundred meters?  If they had seen BLM rioters hunted down 2000 miles away?

So you really believe BLM demonstrators would have been allowed to return home, had they commited similar violent acts storming the Capitol - like it was the case here? 

image.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Blm protest was not political. They were not protesting anything to do with politics.

How many of them broke into the capitol to try and kill politicians and overthrow the election results.

Only one group were terrorists.

If you don't believe systemic police brutality is a political issue, we don't live in the same world.  I guess the BLM'ers figured they'd change things by burning down entire neighborhoods and looting. 

Because nothing screams justice like a big screen TV stolen from some innocent shop keep, just before you set fire to his block.

Violence against innocent civilians to achieve a political end is the very definition of terrorism.

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Opl said:

So you really believe BLM demonstrators would have been allowed to return home, had they commited similar violent acts storming the Capitol - like it was the case here? 

image.jpeg

Would have been?  It's a matter of history that they were allowed to go on their way after burning entire neighborhoods. 

Edit:  If the FBI has posted photos and videos of BLM rioters looting, burning and destroying, or asking for the public's help to ID them, or going after them in their homes 2000 miles away from the destruction, I sure haven't seen it. 

Post up if you have...

Edited by impulse
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

Would have been?  It's a matter of history that they were allowed to go on their way after burning entire neighborhoods.

there were opportunist looters and white supremacists such as the  Boogaloo Bois inciting violence to start a race war

3 self-proclaimed members of the far-right 'boogaloo' movement were arrested on domestic terrorism charges for trying to spark violence during protests (businessinsider.fr)  

Capitol riot included military veterans and law enforcement - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, impulse said:

If you don't believe systemic police brutality is a political issue, we don't live in the same world.  I guess the BLM'ers figured they'd change things by burning down entire neighborhoods and looting. 

Because nothing screams justice like a big screen TV stolen from some innocent shop keep, just before you set fire to his block.

Violence against innocent civilians to achieve a political end is the very definition of terrorism.

Yes it is, thats why trumps people are terrorists.

If you dont understand that blm was not a political protest then i cant help you.

19 minutes ago, candide said:

And as usual......B.S.!

"Hundreds of Domestic Terrorism Investigations Opened Since Start of George Floyd Protests, Official Says"

https://www.voanews.com/usa/race-america/hundreds-domestic-terrorism-investigations-opened-start-george-floyd-protests

The FBI’s New U.S. Terrorist Threat: ‘Black Identity Extremists’

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/06/the-fbi-has-identified-a-new-domestic-terrorist-threat-and-its-black-identity-extremists/

The FBI Used Its Most Advanced Spy Plane To Watch Black Lives Matter Protests

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/peteraldhous/fbi-surveillance-plane-black-lives-matter-dc

Yet, dozens of capitol protestors doing the perp walk on TV just in the past week.  Some of them 3000 miles away from DC.  How many BLM protestors have you seen doing a perp walk in the past 6 months?  How many publicly released photos of BLM protestors, asking for the public's help to ID them?

Even if they are pursuing them with any vigor -and that's doubtful- the optics stink.

Don't bother responding if you can't answer those 2 simple questions.  Easy ones.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Yes it is, thats why trumps people are terrorists.

If you dont understand that blm was not a political protest then i cant help you.

Wow.  Just wow.  I sure hope their leaders know better.  Because the ONLY way to get the reforms they seek is through the political process.  The civil rights movement is proof of that.

If they don't get the legislative, executive and judicial branches onboard, they're in for a long and frustrating season of never ending protests.  Sure, they may get the satisfaction of carrying signs, scaring the locals, burning out innocent shop owners, and scoring some real good loot.  But all the reform they seek is coming through the political process.  Or not.  Up to them.

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

That’s not enough, you also have to deprogram them, otherwise they will always be a threat. 

yes the thought police must tell them how to think! freedom of thought and speech are anti woke anti consensus terrible threat having people with opinions outside the popular ideas!!!  abolish the costitution its racist, sexist and more ists...

• Sad 3