3bb movie channel brilliant

ivor bigun

Yes, Bloomberg off and that is the end for me with True (no) Visions TV, I get Blooming berg on my mobile live now. 

The nail in the coffin for me was taking Bloomberg off.

Been on cable TV since the begin of it in Thailand, started around 1991-1992 before True by the way, and now on internet and saving a few baht each month as well.

Win ????

24 minutes ago, Kan Win said:

Yes, Bloomberg off and that is the end for me with True (no) Visions TV, I get Blooming berg on my mobile live now. 

The nail in the coffin for me was taking Bloomberg off.

Been on cable TV since the begin of it in Thailand, started around 1991-1992 before True by the way, and now on internet and saving a few baht each month as well.

Win ????

3bb have bloomberg and cnn, plus the Thai news channels ,

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

get so many channels you could never watch them all 

That's why it is an absolute waste of money. Get a good VPN eg Express for $6 a month, and you have plenty if you need it. You Tube has so much, ustvgo for all USA channels and download movies from torrents. Done.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Martin71 said:

Hello Ivor,

Could you give a few more details ...is it the 3bb giga tv....are there plenty of English speaking channels...did you have to sign a new 12/15/18 month contract...any info much appreciated..

Cheers fella....

Yes its the 3bb giga tv ,there are loads of English speaking chanells we have just been watching BBC earth  a prog with David Attenbourgh, and there is Nikeleodian  plus more but to be honest i am just checking it at the moment .apart from that there are the movie and series channels ,all in English ,so much plus sport 

we already have a contract for 3BB wifi so all the wife had to do was sign a contract for one year for the tv ,and to be honest as its only an extra 107 baht a month if you have wi fi even if it was rubbish you only lose 1300 baht ,we rarely watch tv as i download everything ,but i must say at this price its a bargain ,also the wife loves natural history progs ,which BBC earth gives you.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, PGSan said:

No such solution for some of us: True has a monopoly and they also refuse to provide suitable internet speeds for TV streaming! 

What speed do you need for streaming?     3 Mb/s for SD, 8 Mb/s for HD and 25 Mb/s for 4K.       I have 1000 Mb/s from 3BB  @ 749 a month.  

What confused you over my last post PG?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2021 at 2:53 AM, KannikaP said:

That's why it is an absolute waste of money. Get a good VPN eg Express for $6 a month, and you have plenty if you need it. You Tube has so much, ustvgo for all USA channels and download movies from torrents. Done.

Which is a bigger waste, the OP spending $3.50 a month for a service he seems happy with or following your recommendation and subscribe to a VPN.  Your eg Express VPN, currently costs over $8 a month for a 1-year subscription.

• Like 2

Just get a decent TV box fully loaded for a one off price, no monthly installments, I watch all the latest movies & TV series from UK, USA etc for free, my internet provider also does a deal for their cable TV so the Mrs can watch her 'Movies' in peace in the bedroom.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:54 PM, KannikaP said:

What speed do you need for streaming?     3 Mb/s for SD, 8 Mb/s for HD and 25 Mb/s for 4K.       I have 1000 Mb/s from 3BB  @ 749 a month.  

Maybe he thought the guy is happy with the deal and so doesn't consider 107 Baht per month a waste of money.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 5:54 PM, KannikaP said:

Yes...I use my AIS unlimited 8 mbps plan for Netflix and YouTube...works flawlessly

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 5:40 PM, ivor bigun said:

Yes its the 3bb giga tv ,there are loads of English speaking chanells we have just been watching BBC earth  a prog with David Attenbourgh, and there is Nikeleodian  plus more but to be honest i am just checking it at the moment .apart from that there are the movie and series channels ,all in English ,so much plus sport 

we already have a contract for 3BB wifi so all the wife had to do was sign a contract for one year for the tv ,and to be honest as its only an extra 107 baht a month if you have wi fi even if it was rubbish you only lose 1300 baht ,we rarely watch tv as i download everything ,but i must say at this price its a bargain ,also the wife loves natural history progs ,which BBC earth gives you.

On your recommendation, I ordered Giga TV on Tuesday, they fitted on Wednesday and upgraded my router, but today the TV box will be going back to them. 

Very limited number of English speaking channels, all hidden in the channel list, so put in my Favourites.

The movies available are not to my personal liking. I can get You Tube on my PC/phone.

Although it is an Android box, I cannot install Chrome or any other app from Playstore.

Only good thing....it has Chromecast built in, but I have one anyway.

Sorry 3BB, your broadband is very good, but Giga TV (for me) is not. I shall stick to my PC/Express VPN which can receive almost anything.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

These days, 3BB seems to be offering their GigaTV package including their fiber internet service for the same price as their fiber internet-only package for those who are already on their 700 baht per month 1 GB/500Mbps fiber plan, if you accept a 2-year service contract commitment, or 800 baht per month (100 baht per mo extra) with a one-year service commitment.

Comparable deals for their two higher level fiber internet only packages -- TV package for same price with a two year commitment, or only 100 baht per month extra with a one year commitment.

Screenshot_5.jpg.2d7855b5aae5fa42ba0838f3bf04240c.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg.6a53fa09a062ef98104f6c2e88c8e8ad.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg.4f862d402678224103687901c776210c.jpg

https://www.3bb.co.th/3bb/product/register

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

These days, 3BB seems to be offering their GigaTV package

Does this come with the regular ("normal") Thai news/lakhorn/muay Thai etc and the Golf Channel do you or anybody else know?

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:
10 minutes ago, topt said:

Does this come with the regular ("normal") Thai news/lakhorn/muay Thai etc and the Golf Channel do you or anybody else know?

Have a look here:

https://gigatv.3bb.co.th/en/channellist

Edited just now by MJCM

Unfortunately, not really what I want to watch, but thanks for the link.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, topt said:

3BB has a graphic on their website with their complete channel roster for the GigaTV service. It seems to include all the normal Thai broadcast channels, apart from the foreign cable ones like HBO, Cinemax, etc.

As I see another member has already posted a link to the full channel list above:

https://gigatv.3bb.co.th/channellist

PS - 3BB these days also has a website for their regular internet subscribers (not GigaTV) where, with log-in, you can stream the regular Thai broadcast channels.

• Thanks 1

Had a long phone call this afternoon with 3BB customer service about their 3BB GigaTV service and the various details involved in that.  Most of it was confirming the things I already knew, but there was one major surprise that emerged.

According to the rep I spoke with, the much advertised GigaTV package pricing with their fiber internet of 700 baht per month (749b with VAT) for 24-months service commitment, or 800 baht per month (856b with VAT) for 12-months service commitment are temporary PROMOTIONAL pricing!

In other words, after your original 12 or 24 month service commitment is finished, the price for their 1 GB / 500 Mbps fiber internet package with the GigaTV add-on will increase on an ongoing basis to 1,016.50b per month (the post-contract monthly fee ends up the same price, whether you start out with the 12 or 24 month contract.)

Under either GigaTV package, just like with their solo fiber internet plans, there are no upfront equipment or installation charges. (Technically there are, but those are automatically waived, unless you fail to keep the monthly service for whatever duration you commit to).

As for the situation of a house having more than a single TV, the rep explained that with the GigaTV service, you have the option to add on extra GigaTV Android boxes for the added price of 100 baht per month (107b with VAT). However, it may also be possible avoid that extra expense by sideloading 3BB's GigaTV Android app onto an extra Android-based smart TV or Android-based streaming stick/box/device.

I was also curious, because I'd seen them advertising lately a new 3BB Wifi 6 AX router, whether upgrading to GigaTV would mean an automatic upgrade to their newer AX routers. And the rep said NO (at least for their existing internet customers), the basic GigaTV package would be installed with whatever existing 3BB router you may already have. 

So I asked, "what if I just want to upgrade my existing 3BB router to the newer Wifi 6 AX version separate from any GigaTV discussion?"  And she said that might be possible, but would involve agreeing to an additional 12 months service commitment. She also didn't know whether they actually have the Wifi 6 AX routers available and in stock in Bangkok right now, but was going to check for me and give me a call back.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So I asked, "what if I just want to upgrade my existing 3BB router to the newer Wifi 6 AX version separate from any GigaTV discussion?"  And she said that might be possible, but would involve agreeing to an additional 12 months service commitment. She also didn't know whether they actually have the Wifi 6 AX routers available and in stock in Bangkok right now, but was going to check for me and give me a call back.

Interesting! Please let us know what she says if she calls you back.

At the end of my AIS 12 months "50% discount" promotion it was extended and I'm now on my 3rd year of "50% discount." ( I'm sure 3BB would be the same or the updated equivilent) What changes with these promotional deals are the internet speeds available. Once you are near the 'Out of contract' time and they can see you payment history they are open to renegotiations because they want to keep you as a customer. I just got a new Wifi 6 router upgrade; I didn't ask for it.

• Like 1

We signed up for that GigaTV and someone came over and installed it. I watched it for less then 1 week and put it back in it's Box (so when the contract ends it's there for them to collect it)

I then added HBO-GO to my AppleTV as that was the only thing (IMHO) worthwhile on there (and the main reason why I got that Giga-TV) and now I watch that and Netflix, Disney+ (via AIS) and Plex and that is more then enough.

On 10/9/2021 at 4:59 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Interesting! Please let us know what she says if she calls you back.

Gotta love "customer service" here in Thailand....

I didnt get any call back from them with an answer to my question about the availability of their new wifi 6 router here in BKK...

BUT, I DID get a phone call this morn from a 3BB service tech who wanted to come to my home this morn to install the new router I had ordered (even though I hadnt ordered anything)!

So,I guess tbat's their way of answering my question! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1