335 more COVID-19 cases recorded on Saturday afternoon in Samut Sakhon province

rooster59

335 more COVID-19 cases recorded on Saturday afternoon in Samut Sakhon province

3333.jpg

Late Saturday afternoon, the Samut Sakhon provincial health office reported 335 new COVID-19 cases, pushing the total in this coastal province to 4,359 since mid-December.

The new cases include 311 detected by pro-active testing and 24 cases among those in hospital, including 13 Thais and 11 Myanmar migrant workers.

Of the 311 cases, 118 are Thais and the rest are migrant workers.  No fatalities were reported.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/335-more-covid-19-cases-recorded-this-afternoon-in-samut-sakhon-province/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-01-17

14 minutes ago, taninthai said:

No they have obviously just started testing higher numbers.

Q But why are they not still fudging the numbers as claimed on this forum? 
A Because it was a myth made up by some forum members whose own countries were being smashed by covid and the Thais outperforming them didn’t fit their narrative.

51 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Of the 311 cases, 118 are Thais and the rest are migrant workers

I always noticed the construction workers around Natai Beach were slack with mask wearing, especially in their camps. Now we are all paying the price for their selfish and lazy attitude.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, madmen said:

The usuall suspects have been very vocal about Thailand fudging the numbers to look good 

So are they now playing with numbers  to look bad? 

You keep hugging them, they'll all get better! :thumbsup: Oh, can you hug a few for me? :jap:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, taninthai said:

If they not testing high numbers there no numbers mess around with....I think Thailand 1.2 million tests v Uk 54 million tests says it all really

Are you suggesting the Thais should follow the UK disaster of a response? 
The UK have 50 times the tests because they mucked it up and have 1,500 times the deaths. 

Thailand 17,142 tests for every death.

UK only 558 tests for every death. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Are you suggesting the Thais should follow the UK disaster of a response? 
The UK have 50 times the tests because they mucked it up and have 1,500 times the deaths. 

When are you going to the UK!!! Is it near Samut Sakhon , the topic under discussion!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

You are aware on average 2000 people a day die in Thailand who knows if they have tests performed on the dead bodies ,,,,there was a lot of pneumonia deaths last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, taninthai said:

You are aware on average 2000 people a day die in Thailand who knows if they have tests performed on the dead bodies ,,,,there was a lot of pneumonia deaths last year.

Plus in the UK you are classified of dying of Covid even if you were run over by a bus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

When are you going to the UK!!! Is it near Samut Sakhon , the topic under discussion!

I couldn’t agree more Pat. I am not sure why @taninthai brought the UK into it for.

The UK would be the last place on earth I would go at the moment. The most covid deaths per square kilometer on earth.

When are you heading to Samut Sakhon?

This could have largely been headed off at the pass, had they been far more pro-active as soon as the outbreak happened. Samut Sakorn should have been completely locked down, within 24 hours, instead of a partial and anemic lockdown days later. As always with this administration, too little, too late.

And the truly astonishing aspect of this, that few seem to be discussing, is that this could have been at least partly avoided, had Prayuth and Anutin, two stunningly incompetence men, taken action early, and decisively. Instead, the whole country is made to suffer the consequences of inaction, of not locking down ground zero, Samut Sakorn (just a relatively small section of the province, actually) the first day of the second outbreak. It is beyond comprehension. It should have been locked down like a maximum security penitentiary. Cordoned off. Nobody comes in or out. And can anyone guess why it wasn't? It is one of the largest seafood distribution centers in Thailand, and it would have meant the loss of a small fortune, for some. So, it came down to sacrificing a large fortune, and the nations economy, for a relatively small out of money, coming from those seafood sales. Nothing else makes sense. No other explanation means anything, or comes close to breaking down why this action as not decisively taken. Sure, the main market was closed. But, people were allowed to travel freely, and become super spreaders. Just incredibly dumb policy and a nearly unforgivable lack of action. 

• Like 1

I know that this is a very emotional time & we are all feeing the pressure  as a result of this resurgence of the virus here (Thailand.)

I for one watch as I look at the prospect of my business never opening again,

My opinion is that for a 3rd world country that in their own way Thailand has on the whole tried very hard to contain the virus & had it not been for a few idiots on the Govt payroll choosing a quick buck over the good of the country we would be pretty well beaten it.

However what is done is done & the authorities are working around the clock to rectify (if not too late) but bickering among ourselves will not help. Please try & understand each others point of view 

& also a bit less emphasis on how badly Thailand is doing.

No matter testing/little testing the death rate here proves that they have got most of it right

No, you cannot give me a hug  555