Jump to content

Thailand reports 374 new COVID-19 cases


Recommended Posts

Thailand reports 374 new COVID-19 cases

 

a9210d702bc34c959dedb80d5b090186.png

 

Thailand reported 374 new coronavirus cases on Sunday.

 

Of the new cases, 364 were local transmissions, 10 were imported from people entering quarantine.

 

Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin also said 109 people had been discharged from hospital having made a full recovery. 

 

2,969 people remain in hospital or held in a migrant worker quarantine centre.

 

Sunday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 12,045, with 70 deaths.

 

The number of new infections and total cases in Thailand since 14 Dec is as follows:
 
14 Dec: +28 (4,237)
15 Dec: +9 (4,246)
16 Dec: +15 (4,261)
17 Dec: +20 (4,281)
18 Dec: +16 (4,297)
19 Dec: +34 (4,331)
20 Dec: +576 (4,907)
21 Dec: +382 (5,289)
22 Dec: +427 (5,716)
23 Dec: +46 (5,762)
24 Dec: +67 (5,829)
25 Dec: +81 (5,910)
26 Dec: +110 (6,020)
27 Dec: +121 (6,141)
28 Dec: +144 (6,285)
29 Dec: +155 (6,440)
30 Dec: +250 (6,690)
31 Dec: +194 (6,884)
1 Jan: +279 (7,163)
2 Jan: +216 (7,379) 
3 Jan: +315 (7,694)
4 Jan: +745 (8,439)
5 Jan: +527 (8,966)
6 Jan:+365 (9,331)
7 Jan:+305 (9,636)
8 Jan:+205 (9,841)
9 Jan:+212 (10,053)
10 Jan:+245 (10,298)
11 Jan:+249 (10,547)
12 Jan:+287 (10,834)
13 Jan:+157 (10,991)
14 Jan:+271 (11,262)
15 Jan:+188 (11,450)
16 Jan:+230 (11,680)
17 Jan:+374 (12,045)
 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-17
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair 320 out of the 374 were found amongst migrant workers already locked down in Samut Sakhon.    The remaining 50 or so from local infections in relatively low.    I am not

To be fair they are targeting migrant workers because obviously they are to blame for this outbreak.They may get a different result if they targeted Thais instead of relying Thais to go to hospital an

Wonder why Thailand deliberately attempted NOT to report cases from yesterday afternoon in addition to today's cases "Late Saturday afternoon, the Samut Sakhon provincial health office reported 335 ne

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

16 Jan:+230 (11,680)
17 Jan:+374 (12,045)

So again the 335 that were reported late yesterday have not been included in yesterday’s or today’s totals,,,,,but the pm has it under control🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

From the data for 34 days, 28 new infections on 15 Dec and 7808 additional on Jan 17. Given an infection/transmission period of four days there would be 8.5 periods. So 28(R0)^8.5 = 7808. Then 8.5(logR0)=log(278.8) Therefore logR0=2.445/8.5 = .28764 So the R0 equals 1.94 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, G950 said:

To be fair 320 out of the 374 were found amongst migrant workers already locked down in Samut Sakhon. 

 

The remaining 50 or so from local infections in relatively low. 

 

I am not trying to downplay the situation but the numbers outside of Samut Sakhon seem to be stable meaning and relatively low.

Correct. Chonburi had 1 new case today (Sattahip) and none in Banglamung (Pattaya). None in Pattaya yesterday either.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, polpott said:

Correct. Chonburi had 1 new case today (Sattahip) and none in Banglamung (Pattaya). None in Pattaya yesterday either.

Why are Rayong and Pattaya still locked down? Gotta feel for expats in Rayong. Big shortage of supermarkets

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bangsaenguy said:

Why are Rayong and Pattaya still locked down? Gotta feel for expats in Rayong. Big shortage of supermarkets

Because both have recorded new cases in the last few days. needs at least 14 days after the last case before any restrictions are lifted. Last time around it was almost 2 months in Pattaya between the last case and all restrictions being lifted.

 

This time asymptomatic cases are running around 80% and Chonburi governor has announced ramping up of mass testing in Chonburi. He may apply to have Chonburi's category reduced from red to orange by the end of the month. Fingers crossed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

To be fair they are targeting migrant workers because obviously they are to blame for this outbreak.They may get a different result if they targeted Thais instead of relying Thais to go to hospital and pay for a test.There were 364 local transmissions according to the article not 50.It seems odd that although Thais in Samut Sakhon outnumber migrant workers by the multiple thousands yet we have a disproportionate amount of migrant workers being infected giving the illusion that Thais are pretty much immune from infection.Doesn't that seem odd to you?

I'm not sure thats the case, I was under the impression that migrant workers in Samut Sakhon far outnumber the local Thai population, according to reuters there are around 260,000 registered migrant workers there but the real figure could be 400,000. As for the local Thai population that numbers around 60,000.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the outbreak started amongst the migrants, the number of fatalities has actually been quite low, which is positive.

 

Let's hope it stays like that. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm not sure thats the case, I was under the impression that migrant workers in Samut Sakhon far outnumber the local Thai population, according to reuters there are around 260,000 registered migrant workers there but the real figure could be 400,000. As for the local Thai population that numbers around 60,000.

That would explain the oddness of the figures.Thanks for the heads up on that one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...