Retirement extension with new passport

When renewing a retirement extension with a new passport (all visa stamps were transferred by immigration from old expired passport to new passport when I got the new passport) is it necessary to have copies of all the visa pages and stamps from the old passport for immigration for the renewal or do I just need copies from the new passport?

I would take copies and the old passport with you and the passport it's self as it could save you another trip. You never know what they might want from one visit to the next or from one office to the next.

47 minutes ago, slsmith38 said:

When renewing a retirement extension with a new passport (all visa stamps were transferred by immigration from old expired passport to new passport when I got the new passport) is it necessary to have copies of all the visa pages and stamps from the old passport for immigration for the renewal or do I just need copies from the new passport?

Copies of your previous passport should not be necessary in my experience, having done the self-same thing as you a few years ago when I last renewed my passport. As part of the stamps transfer process your local immigration office should have stamped & completed in manuscript as necessary annotations (in Thai) on the first page of your new passport, which should include all relevant details of your previous passport for their purposes.

15 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

I would take copies and the old passport with you and the passport it's self as it could save you another trip. You never know what they might want from one visit to the next or from one office to the next.

My office has not seen or wanted my old passport or copies of it since 2013 when I got my new passport.

I have had 2 new passports while living here on retirement extensions. I have renewed several times with current passport.  Pattaya Immigration has never required copies of my previous or older passport when I have applied for renewal of my extension.  As mentioned, your "history" is transferred to the new passport; Immigration has no need to see their previous stamps.

16 hours ago, slsmith38 said:

Just the appropriate pages from the new passport.. your old one is now not required.

However the first time you go have the old passport with you just in case you get a tricky officer.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Just the appropriate pages from the new passport.. your old one is now not required.

However the first time you go have the old passport with you just in case you get a tricky officer.

Is that another, more discrete, way of saying: sticky fingers????:cheesy:????

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They often ask for a copy of last extension, so I would just take the old passport with me and be ready with a copy.

Always a good idea - but the last extension information is in the stamps they place in the new passport along with the type of Visa it is based on -- thus, if an O-A Visa, they will require proof of health insurance, if an O Visa, they will not.

On 1/19/2021 at 6:32 AM, jacko45k said:

They often ask for a copy of last extension, so I would just take the old passport with me and be ready with a copy.

They will already have a copy of your old extension in your new passport after having the stamps transferred. The don't need your old passport for that.

On 1/19/2021 at 7:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

They will already have a copy of your old extension in your new passport after having the stamps transferred. The don't need you old passport for that.

After getting a new passport, when renewing a Retirement Extension, do they still want the copies of previous extensions from the old passport or does that stop and reset with the new passport (such that they only want copies of previous extensions in you current passport)?

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

After getting a new passport, when renewing a Retirement Extension, do they still want the copies of previous extensions from the old passport or does that stop and reset with the new passport (such that they only want copies of previous extensions in you current passport)?

You will not need copies of your old passport pages after having the stamps transferred to a new one. That removes the need to show copies of all your previous extensions in your old passport.

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not need copies of your old passport pages after having the stamps transferred to a new one. That removes the need to show copies of all your previous extensions in your old passport.

That's great thanks, something I didn't realise, just assumed one had to just keep adding to the pile.  That's less paper next time ???? 

I'm guessing one does still need the copy of the original visa and its entry stamp from the old passport? 

26 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I'm guessing one does still need the copy of the original visa and its entry stamp from the old passport? 

That will not be needed. When they transfer your stamps they will do a stamp with spaces on it for info about the visa you used for entry and your old passport. Below it they will transfer the original entry stamp to the new one also.

Immigration has not seen my old passport or a copy of anything in it since the day they transferred my stamps to the new one about 8 years ago.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That will not be needed. When they transfer your stamps they will do a stamp with spaces on it for info about the visa you used for entry and your old passport. Below it they will transfer the original entry stamp to the new one also.

Immigration has not seen my old passport or a copy of anything in it since the day they transferred my stamps to the new one about 8 years ago.

Excellent, that's even better!  Thanks for the help.

Archived