Jomtien: Latest requirements for Non-O visa extension of stay based on retirement ?

For the 1st time I will extend my non-o mariage for a 50yo extension in Jomtien (it looks much easier when you dont have a kid with your wife).

I did some research on the forum, someone can confirm the "special requirements" for Jomtien:

1 - Draw manually a map of your location

2 - Print some photos of your house/condo. For a house what kind of photos do they want ?

And about health nothing special ? No health certificate done in a clinic, no covid test, no health insurance for non-o ?

I always did my extentions based on my mariage.
Because I'm 50 yo now, I want to switch on extention based on > 50 yo. I've read on the forum than now in Jomtien, they also want some photos for this kind of extention.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed reference to post deleted by poster

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I have done retirement extensions based on O visa at Jomtien for over a decade.

Never have needed a map or photos of my residence or anything medical.

I do always submit a copy of my phone bill as proof of my address.

Likewise for me.  The Pattaya City Expats Club has checklists available on their website under the Thai Immigration topic - hover cursor over the topic and select checklists from the drop down menu. They only apply to Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration requirements and are based on the latest reports from their members and other expats. In my case, I use a copy of my lease as proof of residence.

• Thanks 1

I used to use photocopies of utility bills as my "proof of address", then found out I could just use a photocopy of my (Thai) driver's licence (front and back). 

From a post I made about renewing my Retirement Extension (on a Non-O visa) last year (May 2020):

Passport
TM.7 (completed, signed and phone number written in beside signature).
Passport Photo
Photocopies (all signed):
  Passport (Face Page, page with Visa Transfer stamps, Page with current Extension Stamp, Page with last Entry Stamp)
  Photocopy of last TM.6 Departure Card
  Photocopy of Drivers License (front and back) as proof of address
  Photocopy of Bank Book (page with name/account number and page with latest balance update)
Bank letter (I used the "money in bank" method).
STM.2 (Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay) - the only copies I can find online are .pdfs that I can't fill out on the computer.
Plus the (locally produced) "The Acknowledgement of Penalties for a Visa Overstay" form.
1,900 baht fee

(If you use the "money in bank" method they will give you a photocopy of the regulations concerning the requirement to keep money in the bank for certain periods and a date when you are supposed to return with photocopies of your updated bank book to prove you've kept the money in the account long enough.)

No maps, health checks or insurance requirements. Keep in mind the "seasoning" periods if you are using the "money in bank" method to meet the financial requirement.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A far a I know they do not want 1 and 2 in your post for an extension based upon retirement.

No medical certificate is required or any kind of insurance.

Did my extension of stay based on retirement, a couple of day ago. in Chiang Mai.  GPS  map coordinate is needed.  With a agent, in and out in 3 min.  No questions or papers to sign, just photo.  I sill don't know if I am on a 65,000 monthly income or a 800,000 bank balance

19 hours ago, Spellforce said:

I always did my extentions based on my mariage.
Because I'm 50 yo now, I want to switch on extention based on > 50 yo. I've read on the forum than now in Jomtien, they also want some photos for this kind of extention.

Just thought that you might like to know that it might be advisable to pick up a couple of TM7 forms from Soi 7 Jomtien. I downloaded a couple from their website and they wouldn't accept them. They made me go and get two forms from the foyer and fill them in. Both sets of forms were identical except for the fonts and paper quality.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, baansgr said:

I changed my 3 years ago...no extra requirements, just keep in mind, Jomtien will renew and change your extension to retirement from date of application and not from when your marriage extension ends...

If I understand well, if my extension ends 28th ferbruary 2021, and if I do my extentions 5th february 2021 => my new extension will end 5th february 2022 (not 28th ferbruary 2022) ?

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Photocopy of Drivers License (front and back) as proof of address
  Photocopy of Bank Book (page with name/account number and page with latest balance update)
Bank letter (I used the "money in bank" method).

Only Drivers Licence and not bring a photocopy of your TM30 ? (that looks so easy ???? )

About the balance for all the past year:

1 - Your method: only photocopy your updated Bank Book. But if you wait for more that 3 months, they will update your book with only 2 lines: total debit / total credit

For sure if for instance, balance 1 year - total debit for 1 year > 800k then you are good. Do they compute that way ?

2 - Method "The Pattaya City Expats Club" (thank you @soisanuk https://pcec.club/CHECKLISTS-Extensions-of-Stay

2.jpg.752099e6075c17549be43d694373f976.jpg

Does it means that if you dont update your bank book every 3 months then you have to ask your bank to print a statment for 1 year ?

Edited by Spellforce

45 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

Does it means that if you dont update your bank book every 3 months then you have to ask your bank to print a statment for 1 year ?

I think the confusion is about people who are doing the "monthly deposit" method and have to show 12 consecutive months of deposits of at least 65,000 per month.

I update my bankbook once a year, the day before I go to Immigration. Usually the only new entry will be deposit of the annual interest payment (less tax) and the new balance.
Never had a problem.

Keep in mind that this is using the Jomtien Immigration office and they do some things differently than other offices. 
Like how they decided (a long time ago in fact) that people on yearly visas/Extensions who travelled somewhere, even out of the country, didn't need to report their address to Immigration (within 24 hours of returning) so long as they were returning to the same address that was on record at Immigration.

While some other offices expected you to report in even if you went to a neighbouring province for just a day.

• Like 1

jesimps

Just thought that you might like to know that it might be advisable to pick up a couple of TM7 forms from Soi 7 Jomtien. I downloaded a couple from their website and they wouldn't accept them. They made me go and get two forms from the foyer and fill them in. Both sets of forms were identical except for the fonts and paper quality.

I use a form I downloaded and had no problem with it at Jomtien Immigration.  I do recall that a couple of years ago, they made a slight change in the form - I did find the updated form and it was the one I downloaded - but I don't recall now if it was from Immigration website or another location.

Spellforce

Yes.  The PCEC on their webpage for retiree requirements when using the 800k in the bank notes for renewal of extension  (https://pcec.club/Chonburi-Immigration):   

Note: If the Passbook has not been kept updated and contains "net" entries (a combination of deposits & withdrawals), then Bank certified statements for the preceding 12 months will be needed.

• Like 1

My visa expires today an 25th 2021 I went to the Bangklok Bank on second rd on last Thursday to get a letter proving my monthly transfers of 65,000 baht into my account and they said I hyave to wait until Wed, to retrieve it. So, I will be overstay by 2 days when I get my passport and bankbook back. Will Jomtien fine me or worse?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Oxpilot said:

My visa expires today an 25th 2021 I went to the Bangklok Bank on second rd on last Thursday to get a letter proving my monthly transfers of 65,000 baht into my account and they said I hyave to wait until Wed, to retrieve it. So, I will be overstay by 2 days when I get my passport and bankbook back. Will Jomtien fine me or worse?

Do you have a Bankbook showing the deposits coming in each month as FTT? Often this would suffice. The Bank has to get the records from Bangkok so not their fault really and you left it too late. I have heard people who print off their Transferwise receipt each and every month having successful  renewals too. 

I expect they will fine you 2 days overstay and process your extension... 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Oxpilot said:

I suggest you go today and apply for the extension with some of the documents mentioned by jacko45k and explain when you will get the bank letter. It is possible they will accept the documents you have, although Jomtien usually requires the bank letter, or permit you to return with the bank letter.

As jacko45k notes, you should not have left it so late. Jomtien Immigration will process applications up to 30 days before the renewal date.

Thanks,

You're right. I left it to the end because I wanted to do my 90 day at the same time. I didn't think the bank would require more than a day to makew a letter. I went to Jomtien today and I had certified copies of my last 6 monthly Foreign transfers, but they wanted a letter from the bank stating each transfer for the entire year and the total. Six months entries didn't cut it even with the banks guarantee stamp. So back to the bank in the morning. They also wanted proof of my Pension and Social Security payments. She wants proof of international transfer from my US bank and the receiving bankbook is what I understood. I'm not clear on the need to show the transfer from the US or just the Bangkok bank reception . To be safe I will supply both. 

Even though we submitted the TM.7 and everything else she still said it will cost me 500 per day until we get the banking cleared up.

The proof of pension was new to me.

I went to Jomtien today 25 Jan 2021. They required a letter from my bank showing dates and amounts of foreign transfers to my account in Thailand. I had a certified copy of my last 6 months of deposits, but they wanted the full year. I have to get it today and that will put me one day overstay. She said I will have to pay 500 per day over. She also requires PROOF of PENSION which I wasn't aware was required. Everything else was standard.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just completed my extension thank goodness good for another year.

Here is a summary of my 28 page application:

Passport size photo

TM7 application-1

Copies of passport information-3

TM6-1

Rental agreement including Landlord ID and her house book-6

Bank letter showing 12 month deposits over 65,000 b-1

Bank verification of account letter-1

Bank book photos-2  (bring the book they want to see it)

Bank printouts showing all transactions over the past year including the 65,000 b each month-10

Verification of income letter from home country-1

Tax document from home country showing income and taxes paid-1

Overstay form signed-1

I miss something? ????

On the 10 page bank history the bank officer had underlined all the monthly 65,000 b deposits.

The IO went through each page and highlighted over them.

On the tax paid on income document, someone told me this was needed so I brought it.  The IO wanted it included.

After, I got a multi entry permit had to make copies of my new extension, photo, etc. Never understand why they cannot do both at the same time.

Anyway, this was my experience and requirements this week.  I cannot think of much more about my life they would need.  Not complaining just come to realize it is what it is.  Just remember always come prepared you never know.

• Like 1