How long did it take to get your COE?

Please post how long it took you to obtain your COE and which consulate or embassy you used to apply for it. 

I applied for my COE online through the Washington DC embassy on Jan 1 and my application is still waiting for approval. 

Screenshot_20210116_050619.thumb.jpg.6acd69acc3372bd4ac79f01d82c5fa48.jpg

7 minutes ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

Several forum members are waiting for COEs from the DC Embassy. There seems to be a log jam for applications submitted on/after January 1st. Not looking good at the moment.

I've not seen any reports of COEs issued from DC since the beginning of 2021. 

When I did mine in November the DC embassy wasn’t doing the visas and COE... You should apply online with the NY Embassy... Took less than week to get visa, COE 1 day very quick once visa is completed... You upload everything to them and they process it for you!! 

1 hour ago, Kune Bill said:

From Chicago, 3 days after all documentation was submitted.

How long after you got your COE was your flight scheduled?

I have a theory they are waiting until just a few days before the stated travel date to issue the COE.

Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

16 hours ago, Suphawk said:

How long after you got your COE was your flight scheduled?

I have a theory they are waiting until just a few days before the stated travel date to issue the COE.

Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

I  believe that the flight schedules are set 1 month in advance.  I believe that you need to show proof of a purchased ticket on a repatriation flight as well as proof of an ASQ hotel confirmation before a COE will be issued.

Archived