Re Entry Permit

If you extended the 90 day entry from a non-o visa you need a re-entry permit to keep the extension valid when you entered the country.

If your visa was still valid and you used it to enter the country you would get a new 90 day entry that would make your extension invalid.

Hi Ubon Joe,

The original non o multi entry visa ended last October , and I got  it extended for a year with new stamp through to Oct this year.

I just thought, as the original Visa was multi entry, it would carry through on the 1 year extension stamp and I would not need  a re entry permit ..not so ?

9 minutes ago, beatlebones said:

Hi Ubon Joe,

The original non o multi entry visa ended last October , and I got  it extended for a year with new stamp through to Oct this year.

I just thought, as the original Visa was multi entry, it would carry through on the 1 year extension stamp and I would not need  a re entry permit ..not so ?

You need a re-entry permit once you have an extension. It matters not what type of visa you originally had.

14 minutes ago, beatlebones said:

You didn't extend the Visa, that expired on it's valid until date.

You extended your permission of stay from that Visa entry, which is a permit, not a Visa and has no conditions of re-entry which a Visa may have.

If you left the Country on an extension, then your permission of stay ceases, unless you purchase a re-entry permit separately, which then allows you to re-enter and be granted any remaining stay to the expiry date of your extension.

On 1/17/2021 at 6:55 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you extended the 90 day entry from a non-o visa you need a re-entry permit to keep the extension valid when you entered the country.

If your visa was still valid and you used it to enter the country you would get a new 90 day entry that would make your extension invalid.

I have had multiple entry stamp for 4 years on a marriage extension and paid 5000 baht per year so that I would not need to apply for a re-entry permit each time I had to leave Thailand. Has that system changed?

18 minutes ago, thaisail said:

I have had multiple entry stamp for 4 years on a marriage extension and paid 5000 baht per year so that I would not need to apply for a re-entry permit each time I had to leave Thailand. Has that system changed?

The fee for a multiple re-entry permit is 3800 baht. Not sure who you paid the 5000 baht to (agent ?).

A single entry is 1000 baht.

On 1/19/2021 at 11:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

The fee for a multiple re-entry permit is 3800 baht. Not sure who you paid the 5000 baht to (agent ?).

A single entry is 1000 baht.

I thought I paid 5000 baht at the Thai embassy without an agent in Savannakhet in 2016 and it seems to me that at the Thai consulate in Los Angeles and in Miami, I was paying also 5000 baht or equivalent in USD without an agent also. Since 2016, I have had my extensions paid by my employer for the last 4 extensions. The company lawyer always told me that he had to pay 5000 baht for the multi-entry. But now I am no longer employed so I have to pay on my own. But thanks for giving me the official price because since I own a US flagged sailboat in Phuket, I have to sail down to Langkawi every 6 months to satisfy Thai customs once the border reopens. So I it may be better for me to apply for the multi-entry when I apply at the end of February. It's not just the money but the aggravation of having to loose a day at immigration each time I have to leave the country and return to Thailand. I also want to drive my truck through Laos when the border reopens to Laos and China to pick up my solar water heater that will be shipped to China near the border with Laos as soon as the border reopens. So that means 3 re-entry permits which I assume is 1000 baht each, right?

40 minutes ago, thaisail said:

I thought I paid 5000 baht at the Thai embassy without an agent in Savannakhet in 2016 and it seems to me that at the Thai consulate in Los Angeles and in Miami, I was paying also 5000 baht or equivalent in USD without an agent also. Since 2016,

That was for a multi entry Non O Visa (not an extension) obtained at a Thai Embassy/Consulate

40 minutes ago, thaisail said:

Since 2016, I have had my extensions paid by my employer for the last 4 extensions. The company lawyer always told me that he had to pay 5000 baht for the multi-entry. But now I am no longer employed so I have to pay on my own.

Since 2017, I'm guessing you have been on extensions of stay obtained at local Immigration offices.

A 12 month extension (a permit, not a Visa) with a multiple re-entry permit would be 5,700 Baht.

1,900 for the 1 year extension, 3,800 baht for the multi re-entry permit.

16 hours ago, thaisail said:

I thought I paid 5000 baht at the Thai embassy without an agent in Savannakhet in 2016 and it seems to me that at the Thai consulate in Los Angeles and in Miami, I was paying also 5000 baht or equivalent in USD without an agent also

Embassies and Consulates do not sell re-entry permits, they are sold by domestic immigration offices. You are talking Visas I expect. 

Archived