OK OK OK ....... please make it dead simple .

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What you need to get a non-o visa and a Certificate of Entry to enter Thailand is here on the London embassy website.  https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-

1.  I am married to a Thai lady and she will be returning home this year . We live in the UK . 2. I will be selling up and then I intend to join my wife and live permanently in Thailand . 3.

I know the youtuber you are referring to , he was applying for a retire visa/extension so not that relevant. Also, he wanted to have a drama to make youtube content, There were some widely public

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This guy: @Peter Denis can give you guidance, he will be along shortly or you can pm him.

Thank you Andrew . Maybe you could just glimpse what Brewster wrote and say if that's as good as it seems . Simple clear steps for this simple not-so-clear me ??

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What you need to get a non-o visa and a Certificate of Entry to enter Thailand is here on the London embassy website. 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

And here specifically for the visa herea little over half way down the page. 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

You will apply for the non-o visa online here. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home

Then after arriving you can apply for a one year extension of stay you can apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai during the last 30 days of your non-o visa. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the day your apply for the extension.

Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

OH MY GOD !!!!!   Actually I'm sure this is excellent Ubonjoe but I will need to have a shower and 2 cups of Coffee before I open any of it .  But I will .  Thank you for taking the time .

• Like 2

a non immigrant 'O' visa obtained from the London Thai embassy. for being married to a Thai national will give you a 90 day permission to stay stamp on entry. brewster is wrong about the 60 day option

once in Thailand you can either extend this permission to stay stamp

for 60 days to visit Thai wife, no financials required, just your wife and copy of marriage certificate wither from Thailand of any other country.

or for 1 year, financials required, marriage cert from Thailand, if from another country lots of hoops to jump through a whole new subject, photos, witness, copies of wifes id card and house book  etc. both extensions are 1,900 baht

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What you need to get a non-o visa and a Certificate of Entry to enter Thailand is here on the London embassy website. 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

And here specifically for the visa herea little over half way down the page. 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

You will apply for the non-o visa online here. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home

Then after arriving you can apply for a one year extension of stay you can apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai during the last 30 days of your non-o visa. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the day your apply for the extension.

Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

( It's the first time I heard of a Certificate of Entry . )

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Wasp said:

( It's the first time I heard of a Certificate of Entry . )

lucky you came on here then, plus at the moment a 14 day quarantine

Edited by steve187
1 minute ago, steve187 said:

a non immigrant 'O' visa obtained from the London Thai embassy. for being married to a Thai national will give you a 90 day permission to stay stamp on entry.

once in Thailand you can either extend this permission to stay stamp

for 60 days to visit Thai wife, no financials required, just your wife and copy of marriage certificate wither from Thailand of any other country.

or for 1 year, financials required, marriage cert from Thailand, if from another country lots of hoops to jump through a whole new subject, photos, witness, copies of wifes id card and house book  etc. both extensions are 1,900 baht

Can't cope with this . 

A LOT of very generous help in a very short time .

I must go for coffee . Then Print out what Brewster sent me and sit here with his advice while I read yours . And there's another popping up from Mutt Daeng !

Thank you people .

It all sounds very confusing and so many choices but what happens is - - you choose one method that works best and that is it... then repeat every year... plenty of others accomplish it - you will too.. 

I have found Imm officers very helpful - and depending on where you are, there are legitimate visa agents that fill out all the paperwork for you for a modest fee... 

good luck - it is not as bad as it sounds. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Chill out mate.

Lots of fake news on here and youtube. Pretty easy to stay here on marriage extensions. If you are a "glass half full" as opposed to a "glass half empty" guy, you will be OK. 

I'm very much ' glass much more than half empty ' .

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

It all sounds very confusing and so many choices but what happens is - - you choose one method that works best and that is it... then repeat every year... plenty of others accomplish it - you will too.. 

I have found Imm officers very helpful - and depending on where you are, there are legitimate visa agents that fill out all the paperwork for you for a modest fee... 

good luck - it is not as bad as it sounds. 

Well the UK side I am accepting I must do myself . But if you or anyone knows a good agent in Nakhon Ratchasima ....... please tell me .  Thanks Finicky .