OK OK OK ....... please make it dead simple .

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Helping how?

Assisting at school is lot different than delivering eg food produce at wife's food stall.

Experts will advise, however I'm thinking a no no.

The school is very remote up in central Thailand in a small village, i have been there many times previously on holidays just helping with some basic english in my wifes class, also helping out with sports & scout days.

I would only want to help out a couple of days a week just to keep myself busy in some way, I have really enjoyed each time i have been up there with the kids & teachers its a great little school.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/19/2021 at 2:31 AM, jimn said:

See what I mean. You have not got a chance in hell with being able to complete a successful application for an extension of stay based upon marriage with an attitude like that. You do not even know what a COE is. Where have you been, what planet are you on?

I bet you checked all your Spellings for this one ! ( 'Hell' gets a capital . It's a Proper Noun ) .

On 1/19/2021 at 3:38 AM, jomtienisgood said:

Q from a non-UK National ( out of interest ) . In case OP is Legally married in UK, can this then be registered at UK/Th embassy? Or does it have to be translated/certified at MOFA -Chang Whattana Bkk?? 

Yes . The Marriage was in the UK .

On 1/19/2021 at 10:30 AM, KhaoYai said:

Legally obliged? Really?  Please let us know what course of action you are going to take if obstacles are put in your way?  My friend was told that his income must be from outside Thailand, even though his totally legal business is in Thailand and he has a work permit. He was told that either the money comes from outside the country or he provides 400,000 in the bank.  He called Immigration head office in Bangkok who agreed with him that Korat were wrong but refused to call them and advise accordingly.  What would you do in that case with a rapidly expiring visa?

I fully agree with you that they are not following the rules , and I think we both know why.  The problem is - doing anything about it, this is Thailand.

Having said that, there is a lawyer's office in Korat that is run by a foreigner and employs Thai lawyers, I'm told they have taken Korat Immigration to court on a number of occasions and won - that is probably what I would do to be honest but I'd suggest that most people wouldn't want to go down that route when a wheel oiling alternative is available. Going down the court route is going to take time which may not be available if youre visa is about to expire.

My friend ended up putting 400,000 in the bank and the following year, instead of going through the same problem or taking it to court, he used the lawyers office to make his extension application - exactly the same details as the year before (income from Thai business), visa granted.

I know that thousands have successfully obtained extensions at Korat but if you're one of those that gets refused for dodgy reasons, what are you going to do?

You are talking here about a very real and frustrating problem . You can be right . You KNOW you are right . You have discussed it with many knowledgeable people and read all the necessary Documentation . You are right . Then you go to an Official .... who says you are wrong !! What CAN you do ?  I have come up against this many many times and not just in Thailand but in the UK too . What can you actually do ?

16 hours ago, Wasp said:

You are talking here about a very real and frustrating problem . You can be right . You KNOW you are right . You have discussed it with many knowledgeable people and read all the necessary Documentation . You are right . Then you go to an Official .... who says you are wrong !! What CAN you do ?  I have come up against this many many times and not just in Thailand but in the UK too . What can you actually do ?

Frustrating,annoying,etc, etc, BUT djah yen yen......and as you mentioned, not better in Europe.

22 hours ago, Wasp said:

I have come up against this many many times and not just in Thailand but in the UK too

Can you expand?  I can't think of a situation where a regional office in the UK can employ its own set of rules.

51 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Can you expand?  I can't think of a situation where a regional office in the UK can employ its own set of rules.

I didn't think you'd be interested enough . But here's an example . Genealogy Websites receive requests for photos of Graves mostly because the person requesting is hoping there will be other names and dates on the Headstones . Helping to expand or confirm the Family Tree . Requests within 10 miles of my home are directed to me . Within 10 miles is Brookwood Cemetery which has 270 000 Burials . I was looking for one Grave . I knew he was there somewhere but could not find him . So I went to the Office and the lady there was actually holding the Record Book at the time . I asked if I could please look in the book . She said " No " . " Data Protection " . Now I know she is wrong . Completely wrong .

First -- it's a Public Cemetery and the Records are Public Records . Anybody can go and look in the Records . And Second ..... Data Protection does not apply to deceased people . Additionally - if the family wanted the person's details to be secret they would not be carving them onto a 5 foot block of Granite and mounting it on a 3-tiered plinth . I know my stuff here . And told her so . " No " . " No " " Public can not look in this book " . 

She is wrong . Totally wrong . What do you do ? 

12 minutes ago, Wasp said:

I didn't think you'd be interested enough . But here's an example . Genealogy Websites receive requests for photos of Graves mostly because the person requesting is hoping there will be other names and dates on the Headstones..........................

Hardly the same as an Immigration department making its own rules up.

Just now, KhaoYai said:

Hardly the same as an Immigration department making its own rules up.

I can't think of a situation where a regional office in the UK can employ its own set of rules. "  

It's a Regional Office and its applying whatever rules it wants to .

There are many other examples but I think you are just looking to be contrary .

Archived