Covid Test Requirement To Extend Stay?

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My comments are not regarding whether or not such a policy will be introduced - I wouldn't put anything past the Thai government.  My comments are that people who have experience of how the Thai government, police and media operate should not believe anything until it's OFFICIAL.  My point is being brilliantly proved here!!

I would certainly agree with that......... it depends whether Bureau spokesman Archayon Kraithong is deemed to be official. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My comments are not regarding whether or not such a policy will be introduced - I wouldn't put anything past the Thai government.  My comments are that people who have experience of how the Thai government, police and media operate should not believe anything until it's OFFICIAL.  My point is being brilliantly proved here!!

Which is exactly the same i said, so no clue what your problem with my post is.

to quote myself: "No one really knows - they just make this <deleted> up as they go, law is meaningless here. Gov workers interpret stuff how they want to."

Schrödingers Thailand - i was merely reporting on the current situation as it's hilarious how bad they handle this stuff.

49 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

PLOTTWIST: 

This is hilarious.

But one thing is for sure, Barrow is helpful and complaining all day long about thai stupidity HELPS (see tm30 form no one cares about anymore).

I stand by my statement: 

As I said, there is aa long, rich history of officials speaking out of turn, especially on this issue. I do not think there has been a single covid news release since this whole debacle began where someone didnt jump the gun and say something that was blatanlty misinformed. 

Immigration is the worst for this, they seem to keep presenting their ideal scenario in hope that it may become reality. Thankfully, despite their faults, cabinet doesnt seem to be listening.

On 1/17/2021 at 6:52 PM, Brewster67 said:

Richard Barrow has recently published new covid test requirements for all foreigners entering Thailand and living in Thailand for Jan 25th.

The Barrow has just now changed his tune. Instead of causing mass hysteria amongst the TV crowd he should stick to publishing his old trip reports whilst he self isolates at home alone waiting to go out on his next TAT sponsored outing.

Screenshot 2021-01-19 143526.jpg

Work permit holders from certain nationalities have already been required to get a Covid-19 test for renewals and need applications since last year BUT according to the Thai that I've read, nothing suggests it would be required for all visa extensions. Maybe for permanent residency applicants, and according to the CCSA spokesperson possibly for all work permit holders starting next month...possibly. But it would be a s%%%show if it applied to all visa extensions. I don't see that happening. 

Barrow is still tweeting about this confusing COVID test story (he started on the weekend) today.  I get the impression he's trying to cause as much smoke and mirrors  as possible to deflect it from himself, but surely saying no more would be best?

Thankfully we have UbonJoe to set us on the correct path on TV!

FanBoy.jpg.e432419cba28deb5a7ae542ed53715e9.jpg

Archived