Guidance required re Non O retirement

Hi ...arrived Thailand late November on Non O based on Thai son, whom we are in process of court legitimise process. 

My visa is current until 17th February and lawyer doesn't believe we will complete court process before then to allow me to get an extension for a year, based on my son.

I, from previous posts, realise I can get a 60 day extension on my current visa or possibly,  if it continues, a 60 day Covid extension. Either of these should give me enough time to complete the process.

However belt and braces would be to go for a Non O extension based on retirement now and wait until next year to switch to Non O based on my son.

My question is does the 800k for the retirement extension, for my situation, need seasoning and if so for how long.

If it does require seasoning for say 2 mths, could I apply at the end of a 60 day extension of my current visa.

Many thanks in advance for replies. 

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 800k baht has to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply and then 3 months and after that 400k baht. You could apply after getting a 60 day extension.

That's great thanks...realistically I wont have the additional funds in my Thai account until 24th January, which means I couldn't apply until 24th March. My 60 day extension would take me to 17th/April. Will this gap of circa 24 days be enough to process the year extension...Udon immigration.

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, gavlar said:

Will this gap of circa 24 days be enough to process the year extension...Udon immigration.

It would be plenty of time. The extension is approved and issued the same day you apply unless your are missing a required document.

Archived