Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Gentlemen,

 

My Q:

 

Are mini PCs repairable?

I am not speaking of upgrade, but in case anything goes wrong with the hardver, it seems to me, you cannot just buy parts, like you would with a desktop computer.

 

Thx

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

Gentlemen,

 

My Q:

 

Are mini PCs repairable?

I am not speaking of upgrade, but in case anything goes wrong with the hardver, it seems to me, you cannot just buy parts, like you would with a desktop computer.

 

Thx

 

Mini Pc 's have the same size HDD, SSD as a full size PC,

I have 9 different mini PC's have not had any problems

with them over the years.

regards worgeordie

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Mini Pc 's have the same size HDD, SSD as a full size PC,

I have 9 different mini PC's have not had any problems

with them over the years.

regards worgeordie

Thank you but I have no idea why you mentioned the storage. 

My question is unrelated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

Thank you but I have no idea why you mentioned the storage. 

My question is unrelated.

Maybe because you said if something goes wrong with the hardver ?

i thought you meant hard drive...?

regards worgeordie

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should tell us what your definition of "mini pc" is.

As mentioned before, usually as repairable as any regular sized PC. If talking about something like an Intel NUC, then the the CPU is soldered on the motherboard, thus they can't be exchanged independently, but the other parts can.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean by mini-PC?  Perhaps provide the name of one as an example.

What is a hardver?

 

7 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Thank you but I have no idea why you mentioned the storage. 

My question is unrelated.

 

 

 

Edited by bendejo
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jackdd said:

You should tell us what your definition of "mini pc" is.

As mentioned before, usually as repairable as any regular sized PC. If talking about something like an Intel NUC, then the the CPU is soldered on the motherboard, thus they can't be exchanged independently, but the other parts can.

It wasn't mentioned that it's as repairable.

What I mean by mini is the only thing it can mean. Those other are midi, micro etc. I mean mini. As in a little box that fits into my palm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway to answer my question they are not very much repairable coz no store really carries the needed components. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

What I mean by mini is the only thing it can mean.

A PC based on a "mini ITX" motherboard could be referred to as "mini PC", usually every part in such a PC is replaceable.

An Intel NUC fits on your palm, nearly every part in it can be replaced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2021 at 3:42 AM, A1Str8 said:

It wasn't mentioned that it's as repairable.

What I mean by mini is the only thing it can mean. Those other are midi, micro etc. I mean mini. As in a little box that fits into my palm. 

 

If the little box can fit in your hand, that's a bit shorter than a mini.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

 

If the little box can fit in your hand, that's a bit shorter than a mini.

That's a mini.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...