Pointless

gunderhill

I  live  in a  small  village, everyday I drive out to the main road for shopping etc, every night they have  neon  lights at the side of the road and want to test your  temperature, it's a pointless exercise, achieves  nothing, I can drive past the same  spot  all day, but as soon as night  falls they do this nonsense.

It's  like Covid isn't  out in the day and only comes out at night.

There are about 20  people  milling around these awning things, if  that isn't a stupid amount of  people to be all close to each other I don't know what is, tonight the woman said I should wear a  mask in the car. Ludicrous, what am I going to catch from myself.

• Haha 2

After almost 20 years here, nothing seems to surprise me anymore.

Just smile and think whatever you would like to tell them.

Even if you did, it wouldn't change anything.

If the new strain and eventually other following mutations of it would hit Thailand, I'm afraid that it would be safer in any European country than it is here. 

6 hours ago, madmen said:

Seriously

Yes seriously, it's a  pointless  exercise what does it achieve?,I can drive  up and down that road  all day a  million times  but come dark all of a  sudden I need a thermometer and a lecture, either lockdown or don't  but don't go through the motions, What happens elsewhere is  irrelevant as I LIVE in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Ever considered the virus could be on your shopping, your basket, your trolley, your change ?

But it isn't  during the day right as then nobody is there  and there is no checking, pointless show of doing nothing at  all.